Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

Not a Sanchez fan at all, but he was not reason Iggles lost today, I thought he played fairly well today.

The Skins were 3-11. He had two turnovers, including the one that led to the game winner. Plenty of blame to throw around, but had he protected the football, Eagles win easily.

6-2 to out of the playoffs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Sanchez fan at all, but he was not reason Iggles lost today, I thought he played fairly well today.

You could often say that about a Sanchez performance...but he typically finds a way to throw that BIG interception that kills the team....It's inevitable with him

I remember just waiting for the dumb play that will lose the close game.

Second wind! Let's do this! 

undoubtedly. this is one of the biggest nut shots to jets fans i can ever remember. although 99% wanted him gone so you reap what you sow. those of us who didn't want him gone, were ridiculed. welcome to being a jets fan.

1%

Morons....morons..the friggin kid won FOUR playoff games in his girst two seasons!!! Morons!

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

Remember on draft day how Sanchez was ecstatic to be a Jet? He loved being on this team.

He should've been here 15 years and name retired in ring of honor.

What the Jets FO, Rex and coaching staff did to that kid was criminally negligent.

where are all the Sanchez haters ??

Interesting, all the football QB know it all's are no shows in this thread.  

Instead of vengeance I've decided to become a Philadelphia Eagles fan for the foreseeable future. It's nice to be right though.

And watching Rex Ryan, John Idzik, and Jets Insider go down in the same year is a nice Christmas present.

SAR I

Been saying this for years and always took the verbal abuse for it. But then I should have looked at who was actually handing out the abuse when Sanchez was stinking it up here ....or should I say the Jets organization stinking it up here

They're doing this cute little thing we're they've shifted blame to Rex.  I don't think anyone other than their cult is buying it but they sure are beating their chests like it's true.  I'll give them that.

We gave them all they could handle PAC now they run and hide behind Idiot Rex :) typical

You're in for a rough stretch then...  Jets are about to rattle of some wins bruh..  throw in a competent QB and watch what the f-ck happens.  even with the worstest coach evarghhh..

I'm preparing to frolic in your anguish.  just in time for Christmas too!

30s something married life...this is what fun is now.

This is setting up to be too good to be true.

Mark Sanchez returning to MetLife Stadium on Christmas weekend, can knock Tom Coughlin and Rex Ryan and John Idzik out in one fell swoop. Game will be flexed, Eagles can get a bye. All it takes is a huge contingent of Jets fans, the J-E-T-S chant after every Eagles score. Forget planes and banners and road signs. Will be an epic social media NYJ takedown for all the NFL to see.

Thousands of cheap tickets on Stubhub, Tailgate Joe, Fireman Ed, we need to fill the place with 20,000 Jets fans.

Who's in?

SAR I

Awesome, thanks.

Later in the process I'll have something set up for donations like this.

Best,

SAR I

It'd be pretty amazing to have a contingent of Jets fans welcoming Sanchez back as a conquering hero. lol Only in New York

The Jets should never have gotten rid of the Sanchize. Rex Ryan ruined him with not getting him any recievers

Mark Sanchez has as many wins this season as the Jets do as a team.

He went to Geno's to get a cheesesteak too. Because of course he did.

It's very theoretical at this point, and a lot of things have to fall into place, but we're the Jets so you know it's going to play out like this:

1. Mark Sanchez plays very well in Chip Kelly's system.
2. Eagles are sitting at 11-4 when they face the Giants.
3. A win gives the Eagles the NFC East and a first round bye.
4. The drama of Sanchez, the Eagles, the NY Giants market, and the "homecoming" gets the game flexed.
5. 1/3 of the Stadium are Giants fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Eagles fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Jets fans.
6. Eagles score, chaos ensues. J-E-T-S chant is whipped out, Eagles fans are chanting, Giants are shamed.
7. We get selfies with Mark Sanchez in his 2014 NFC Champions Cap.
8. Humiliation caused by fans forces Woody Johnson to get rid of Ryan and Idzik.
9. Happy New Year.

SAR I

If Sanchez is still playing well, and this game is the one that serves as the Eagles' coronation, I'm in. I DESPISE going to MetLife, but I'd do this to shame the Jets.

very true but I did say that in one of my posts ... The thing is I've never seen Sanchez play this well over a 2 game span. He just looks like a different QB. We wont know for sure how this pans out until next year IMO because if he does continue to play well the key to becoming a good QB is consistency and keeping the mistakes to a minimum. Time will tell

"He's a baller,'' rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who had career highs of seven receptions, 138 yards and two touchdowns, said. "Like I said, he's a franchise quarterback.''

Mark Sanchez playing well under Kelly is the rope we hang Rex Ryan's ghost with.

The Skins were 3-11. He had two turnovers, including the one that led to the game winner. Plenty of blame to throw around, but had he protected the football, Eagles win easily.

6-2 to out of the playoffs.

First T/O led to just 3 points, 2nd T/O give credit to CB for making a good play, Cary Williams then misses a tackle on a 8 yd curl and then a RTP penalty (3rd one) put them in FG range. Sanchez played good enuff to win and I am not a sanchez backer.  You forget all the good plays he made on 3rd and Long. Divisions games are tough to win and records mean little. Im sure Chipper is mad at many things and most wont be directed at Taco

It’s now become a love-hate thing with Sanchez. On one end, every Jet fan hoped that he would be our franchise QB, and on those very few times when he showed it, we all wanted to belive it all that more. On the other, he continuosly made one bone-headed play after another.It was time to move on...

Tonight’s game showed once again what he's capable of doing, but just never able to do, and that’s close the deal.

All of those who KNEW that a interception was looming with th game on the line, raise your hand...

It’s now become a love-hate thing with Sanchez. On one end, every Jet fan hoped that he would be our franchise QB, and on those very few times when he showed it, we all wanted to belive it all that more. On the other, he continuosly made one bone-headed play after another.It was time to move on...

Tonight’s game showed once again what he's capable of doing, but just never able to do, and that’s close the deal.

All of those who KNEW that a interception was looming with th game on the line, raise your hand...

This is exactly what I was saying... Watching the game with my 9 year old son...I told him - an INT is coming, just sit back and watch.

Classic Sanchez.

He's fools gold.

First T/O led to just 3 points, 2nd T/O give credit to CB for making a good play, Cary Williams then misses a tackle on a 8 yd curl and then a RTP penalty (3rd one) put them in FG range. Sanchez played good enuff to win and I am not a sanchez backer.  You forget all the good plays he made on 3rd and Long. Divisions games are tough to win and records mean little. Im sure Chipper is mad at many things and most wont be directed at Taco

He played well enough to win if nothign went wrong against a 3-11 team.  That is true.

The funny thing is Rex get's all the credit for the playoff wins in 2009-10 . All the Rex supporters want to hold on to them like a badge of honor. But the guy in Philly who everyone despises , who played very well and was instrumental in all those wins is a villian. 

I haven't felt football stress since week 4

it's a relief in a way to be sitting here in december not giving a rats ass about football

eagles fans just had christmas ruined chimichanga style.  How many sanchez jersies sit in attics as christmas presents in philly ?  return time ?

The funny thing is Rex get's all the credit for the playoff wins in 2009-10 . All the Rex supporters want to hold on to them like a badge of honor. But the guy in Philly who everyone despises , who played very well and was instrumental in all those wins is a villian.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez doesn't throw game costing INTs.

The Eagles shouldn't have been tied, shouldn't have had Mark in that situation to begin with. Mark doesn't play in the secondary, he doesn't block on the line, he didn't let Desean Jackson walk, he didn't miss two field goals.

Just like Rex Ryan's Jets, the Philadelphia Eagles came up small in a big spot against a bad team and had a defense and special teams that couldn't get the job done. Blame the quarterback!

SAR I

The Eagles shouldn't have been tied, shouldn't have had Mark in that situation to begin with. Mark doesn't play in the secondary, he doesn't block on the line, he didn't let Desean Jackson walk, he didn't miss two field goals.

Just like Rex Ryan's Jets, the Philadelphia Eagles came up small in a big spot against a bad team and had a defense and special teams that couldn't get the job done. Blame the quarterback!

SAR I

Other things went wrong. No blame for the quarterback!

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez doesn't play Cornerback.

Mark Sanchez didn't let Desean Jackson leave town.

SAR I

SAR I

Still that big time diehard Eagle fan you swore you were becoming in one of Rutgers' first or second editions?

Or have you jumped off that bandwagon back to your New Hampshire first love, your beloved Pats?

Other things went wrong. No blame for the quarterback!

Mark completed 37 passes for 375 yards today. He attempted 50 passes. Any NFL team that expects a quarterback to be successful throwing the ball that much needs its head examined, having 1 pick every 50 throws would result in a great season for any NFL quarterback.

Mark threw an unfortunate interception, but it's not the reason the Eagles lost. The Eagles lost because their secondary is pathetic and their offensive line cannot run block or pass block consistently. Did Chip Kelly have the team prepared? Who is the defensive coordinator who can't scheme to cover a receiver?

Mark is doing an admirable job having been rushed into emergency duty, won some good games, lost some games. He has 11 redzone TD's with 0 interceptions, he's made a lot of key 3rd down conversions. Not sure what more you can ask of a guy who hadn't played in a year and wasn't expecting a starting role. He looks like a strong free agent QB next offseason, someone's going to pick him up and play to his strengths.

SAR I

SAR I

Stop embarrassing yourself.  He's on a team loaded with offensive talent who were 6-2 when he took over and today they are at 9-6. Congratulations to Idzik and Rex for recognizing that he is not a starting caliber QB.

Amazing how everyone is always letting Sanchez down. Poor guy.

It's impossible to judge Mark Sanchez:

2009: Rookie, showed flashes

2010: Great season, such potential

2011: No support, no running game, no targets

2012: Worst OC in the league and Tebow

2013: Rex injures him in preseason

2014: Off the bench in a new system

You know my discussion forum history, you know my feelings on losers like Testaverde and Pennington, I'm the first to kill a quarterback when the signs are there. Problem with Mark is, we've seen too much good in him and his fall can be just as much due to the circumstances around him as it could be with he himself.

SAR I

It's impossible to judge Mark Sanchez:

2009: Rookie, showed flashes

2010: Great season, such potential

2011: No support, no running game, no targets

2012: Worst OC in the league and Tebow

2013: Rex injures him in preseason

2014: Off the bench in a new system

You know my discussion forum history, you know my feelings on losers like Testaverde and Pennington, I'm the first to kill a quarterback when the signs are there. Problem with Mark is, we've seen too much good in him and his fall can be just as much due to the circumstances around him as it could be with he himself.

SAR I

You must be a Mets fan.

Stop embarrassing yourself.  He's on a team loaded with offensive talent who were 6-2 when he took over and today they are at 9-6. Congratulations to Idzik and Rex for recognizing that he is not a starting caliber QB.

The Eagles were 5-2 when Mark took over, and the Jaguars, Rams, Giants, and Redskins are hardly winning NFL teams and they lost to the 49ers. Not like the Eagles were shredding the league, and that was when they were healthy. Mark lost to the Seahawks, Packers, and Cowboys, all likely division champions with strong D's. Today was not on him at all.

The Eagles have the worst OL in the NFL due to injuries. Mark still went 37 of 50 for 375 and 2 TDs. The Eagles had a lead today and blew it on D. Sound familiar?

SAR I

Archived