Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

Sanchez was terrible in his last offseason here and had to go. There was no scenario in which it was a good idea to keep him, especially if Rex was going to continue on as coach.

Replace Sanchez with any other real quarteback solution from the market and we have the same example. The point is that the irony that "build through the draft with cap space" is not only failing, but that we either have to reject the idea entirely and spend for a veteran QB, lest we spend another 3-5 years looking for a high value quarterback in the draft. If that becomes a real possibility, the strategy is self defeated. Idzbutt went all in on an unproven, unqualified rookie and there is no getting around that.His strategy, as it relates to fielding quarterbacks, has already failed.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cotchery was let go because he was coming off a knee injury and wanted a big contract.

Cotchery was let go because the Jets were too CHEAP to pay the man what he's worth.

That's why he went off to sh*ttsburgh and pulled in 10 TD last year (plus another TD in the playoffs) while the Jets sucked nuts.

Worst mistake the Jets ever made was letting Cotch go.

Cotchery was let go because the Jets were too CHEAP to pay the man what he's worth.

That's why he went off to sh*ttsburgh and pulled in 10 TD last year (plus another TD in the playoffs) while the Jets sucked nuts.

Worst mistake the Jets ever made was letting Cotch go.

it was a mistake to be sure but there is a lot of competition for "worst jets mistake ever"

Replace Sanchez with any other real quarteback solution from the market and we have the same example. The point is that the irony that "build through the draft with cap space" is not only failing, but that we either have to reject the idea entirely and spend for a veteran QB, lest we spend another 3-5 years looking for a high value quarterback in the draft. If that becomes a real possibility, the strategy is self defeated. Idzbutt went all in on an unproven, unqualified rookie and there is no getting around that.His strategy, as it relates to fielding quarterbacks, has already failed.

You won't get an argument from me regarding leaving the cupboard bare behind Geno. I was hoping they'd take Bortles in the first this past draft, with the thinking that hoping Geno is the future was too dicey. That said, I don't think that keeping Sanchez was the answer here: he was toast to such extremes that he was getting booed for stepping on the field in preseason. My solitary hope regarding the position is that Idzik (should he stay) wants the next coach to have a vote in the matter. If his thought really was that Geno was The Guy, may God have mercy on his soul.

Geno Smith wasn't ready to take the helm as starting QB for the NY Jets he was rushed into duty he should have sat behind a veteran starter who could mentor him.

The one really good thing about starting a rookie from Day 1 is that you can figure out whether or not he has the right stuff very quickly. So while he ruined the last 25 games he did prove unworthy in record time which helps us this year and next. He also helped usher Rex Ryan out the door and proved that John Idzik is impulsive and clueless.

So all in all, the Geno Smith Era was a success.

SAR I

You won't get an argument from me regarding leaving the cupboard bare behind Geno. I was hoping they'd take Bortles in the first this past draft, with the thinking that hoping Geno is the future was too dicey. That said, I don't think that keeping Sanchez was the answer here: he was toast to such extremes that he was getting booed for stepping on the field in preseason. My solitary hope regarding the position is that Idzik (should he stay) wants the next coach to have a vote in the matter. If his thought really was that Geno was The Guy, may God have mercy on his soul.

Absolutely.

Even Johnny Football would have been an acceptable if not great hedge your bet pick. I cannot believe that Idzik felt he had his QB in Geno based simply on his having had three decent games against weak teams down the stretch last season.

Our plan should have been and should be to keep drafting QB's early until we finally hit on one.  

I wanted Bortles only if he fell to the Jets but unfortunately he didn't. I didn't consider him an elite prospect to trade away a future #1 pick.

They just had a mic'd up thingy for the Eagles on the pregame show.  They had a spot where Foles, Sanchez and the OC were reviewing the picture stills of the game on the sidelines.  The OC is flippin through the stills and Mark with a mouth full of food taps Foles on the shoulder and says "you should try those chicken fingers, they're good".

Sanchez stinks.  He has a career qb rating in the same neighborhood of Bradford , Fitzgerald, Freeman and Kitna.

He makes as many bad plays as he does good ones and you can never trust him.

He's inacurate, he doesn't see the field and he crumples under a blitz. 

But the worst thing is he's not football smart.   Remember the red, yellow, green?  That was embarrassing.

They just had a mic'd up thingy for the Eagles on the pregame show.  They had a spot where Foles, Sanchez and the OC were reviewing the picture stills of the game on the sidelines.  The OC is flippin through the stills and Mark with a mouth full of food taps Foles on the should and says "you should try those chicken fingers, they're good".

lulza

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2234345-mark-sanchez-recommends-nick-foles-eat-some-chicken-tenders-during-giants-game

hey i understand it was time for him to go but im rooting for him. he never talked bad about his time in ny. hes a good dude and hopefully he turns it around.  we all know hes not going to be a top flight qb but this is his second chance. that being said his primetime night games have been pretty poor to say the least so i have no idea whats going to happen. he might throw 3 tds or throw 5 picks

Sanchez stinks. He has a career qb rating in the same neighborhood of Bradford , Fitzgerald, Freeman and Kitna.

He makes as many bad plays as he does good ones and you can never trust him.

He's inacurate, he doesn't see the field and he crumples under a blitz.

But the worst thing is he's not football smart. Remember the red, yellow, green? That was embarrassing.

This is a true statement.

They just had a mic'd up thingy for the Eagles on the pregame show.  They had a spot where Foles, Sanchez and the OC were reviewing the picture stills of the game on the sidelines.  The OC is flippin through the stills and Mark with a mouth full of food taps Foles on the shoulder and says "you should try those chicken fingers, they're good".

So compared to eating a hotdog during an actual game this is, um... better?

Geno Smith wasn't ready to take the helm as starting QB for the NY Jets he was rushed into duty he should have sat behind a veteran starter who could mentor him. 

Geno sucks now and will always suck  whether he sits behind someone or not.

We will see how Sanchez fairs the rest of the season .... If he does well and cuts out the stupid turnovers that plagued him here his last few years then that is on our coaching staff and GM's for not surrounding the kid with young talent to grow with from DAY 1. Most teams that develop QB's do that.... the teams that don't, fall into the Oakland Raider/NY Jet category who think a good QB is going to miraculously make every one around them better. This is why we fail this is why most of the teams plagued with sh*tty QB's fail ...they have no clue how to develop young QB's and never will/

Teams win SB's not QB's that's probably the reason Peyton does not have about 5 rings by now .

We will see how Sanchez fairs the rest of the season .... If he does well and cuts out the stupid turnovers that plagued him here his last few years then that is on our coaching staff and GM's for not surrounding the kid with young talent to grow with from DAY 1. Most teams that develop QB's do that.... the teams that don't, fall into the Oakland Raider/NY Jet category who think a good QB is going to miraculously make every one around them better. This is why we fail this is why most of the teams plagued with sh*tty QB's fail ...they have no clue how to develop young QB's and never will/

Teams win SB's not QB's that's probably the reason Peyton does not have about 5 rings by now .

BS. 

Sanchez had the best offensive line in football, the best running attack, the top 5 defense and decent enough offensive players.  Alex Smith dominates the league with that team.

And  more BS... A top notch QB does miraculously make everyone better around him.  Teams would blitz the crap out of Sanchez and he would crumple.  You never see teams blitzing good QB's because they read it, adjust and destroy you.

Every time you post something about quarterbacks, irony dies a little more.

Archived