Stuck with Jets tix? Join us......

joebabyny

Ok, it sucks that the team was out of it for the season before Halloween, but it is what it is. If you have season tix, or just wanna enjoy a few last days outdoors before the misery of winter, come commiserate with us in the lot over some great food. The shared misery on game day is quite cathartic!
TailgateJoe.com, all are welcome to join us!
11/9 vs Steelers, "Porkin' Party"

• Homemade Maple Breakfast sausage on NY mini bagels.
  • The Best Chili Dog Ever! Our award winning hot dog chili makes the best chili dog you have ever had.
  • Genuine Wisconsin Brats! I called up Usinger’s in Milwaukee, which many believe makes the best Brats around, and had them ship me cases of their fresh bratwurst. I am gonna smoke them at the tailgate and serve with a special kraut. If you haven’t been to Wisconsin then you haven’t had the best brat, now is your chance!
  • Competition BBQ Pulled Pork with Blue Cheese Slaw Sliders. Everyone goes crazy for these. I smoke heritage pork shoulders overnight for 12 hours and time them to come out of the smoker just as we are leaving for the stadium in the morning. Some people say, well a lot of people actually, that this is the highlight dish of our tailgate season.
  • Bacon Pimento Cheese Burgers.Our great Pat Lafrieda chuck/short rib/brisket blend burger, topped with homemade pimento cheese and maple bacon on a fresh baked Royal Crown Bakery bun.
  • BBQ Baked Beans.

pimentobaconcheeseburger.jpg

bratandkraut.jpg

pulledporkslider1.jpg

Is your recipe for the slaw up on the site?

Nope, no longer. I did a tasting for some douches who were looking to revamp a spot in the meat packing district and were in negotiations to have me come do bbq for them. Turns out they were just looking to steal ideas and info and didn't hire anyone, 2 of the 4 dishes I served ended up on their menu. With designs on opening a spot some day, I am no longer sharing certain things that I view as special or proprietary that I am going to feature. The blue cheese slaw topping is one of those.

That looks phenomenal Saw u and your mom and dad on the jumbo tron a few weeks ago. Look like the type of folks who have a lot of the same traditions we do...family friends coming for years and the main difference being you have a tailgate spread that is superior and by superior I mean that we have our grilling roots in tops hamburgers and recently a bubba here and there, (although we have started getting more creative) and you have two gas fired grills and smoked meats plus a tap. Looks fantastic.

There Is no profit if you paid PSL fees have you recouped all that money yet?

The PSL's aren't in the number.

I wrote a check to the Jets for $16,000 in 2008. I spend more than that on a typical 5-day vacation, it's not like I miss it, that was 6 years ago. The PSL drama (if you even want to call it that) was a conversation to have a decade ago. Today, we just pay our invoices in April like any other season ticket holder.

SAR I

I wrote a check to the Jets for $16,000 in 2008. I spend more than that on a typical 5-day vacation, it's not like I miss it, that was 6 years ago. The PSL drama (if you even want to call it that) was a conversation to have a decade ago. Today, we just pay our invoices in April like any other season ticket holder.

SAR I

Enjoy the couch and your Jets snuggie Woody is enjoying your money in his bank account.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Nope, no longer. I did a tasting for some douches who were looking to revamp a spot in the meat packing district and were in negotiations to have me come do bbq for them. Turns out they were just looking to steal ideas and info and didn't hire anyone, 2 of the 4 dishes I served ended up on their menu. With designs on opening a spot some day, I am no longer sharing certain things that I view as special or proprietary that I am going to feature. The blue cheese slaw topping is one of those.

If I buy a VIP Membership can you email me the recipe? Or does scout not allow that? :)

Would not miss seeing you and your family to party before a home game! As bad as the Jets are playing I think this has been a great tailgate year, got to see a lot of Jet Nation people and that helps with the misery. Keep up the excellent work Joe and see you Sunday.

Duane I will be there on Sunday. I have a hug with your name on it, just waiting for you.

What happens if i dont pay my psl invoice haha. I havent paid it yet. 

Probably a topic for another thread but I am curious about that myself.  Last night when I paid mine the 3 installment option was still available. I paid in full my yearly PSL # is like $480. Dragging it over 3 months would only cause me more pain haha.

SAR I

That is pretty cool actually, I just wasn't able to pay it all up front. But doing it, getting it out of the way and then just paying the seats each year, that is a plan I wish I was on haha.

Enjoy the couch and your Jets snuggie Woody is enjoying your money in his bank account.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Dog owner spends an average of $2,084 a year on his pet.

Bagel & coffee costs an average of $2,299 a year for breakfast.

Pack-a-day smoker spends $4,745 a year on his poisonous vice.

Annual family vacations: $15,000 a year for flights and hotels.

So shoot your dog and I'll give up my PSL's. Or, better yet, keep your mouth shut and enjoy the games on TV we PSL owners provide you for free rather than telling us how to spend our fun money.

SAR I

Dog owner spends an average of $2,084 a year on his pet.

Bagel & coffee costs an average of $2,299 a year for breakfast.

Pack-a-day smoker spends $4,745 a year on his poisonous vice.

Annual family vacations: $15,000 a year for flights and hotels.

So shoot your dog and I'll give up my PSL's. Or, better yet, keep your mouth shut and enjoy the games on TV we PSL owners provide you for free rather than telling us how to spend our fun money.

SAR I

I go on a lot of vacations but I don't remember spending $15,000 on any of them.  :)

I go on a lot of vacations but I don't remember spending $15,000 on any of them.   :)

I take 2 vacations a year, family of 6, it's $15,000 or more for both trips despite the frequent flyer miles, Amex points, etc.

Big picture, people who go off on PSL's because they think Woody Johnson is a villain can certainly do that, but they shouldn't tell the 24,000 Jets fans who own PSL's that we're stupid or somehow were duped. We're amongst the most successful businessmen in the country, we were fully informed, and what we choose to do with our fun money isn't their business.

Woody being greedy also had a fantastic benefit- after suffering on the STH waiting list for years to get horrible endzone nosebleeds, we could buy our way to the seats we wanted. PSL's were a dream come true for me.

SAR I

I take 2 vacations a year, family of 6, it's $15,000 or more for both trips despite the frequent flyer miles, Amex points, etc.

Big picture, people who go off on PSL's because they think Woody Johnson is a villain can certainly do that, but they shouldn't tell the 24,000 Jets fans who own PSL's that we're stupid or somehow were duped. We're amongst the most successful businessmen in the country, we were fully informed, and what we choose to do with our fun money isn't their business.

Woody being greedy also had a fantastic benefit- after suffering on the STH waiting list for years to get horrible endzone nosebleeds, we could buy our way to the seats we wanted. PSL's were a dream come true for me.

SAR I

I'm with you on this, but at the same time... I can't pass up the opportunity to rip on you for front row seats for a bursting colon being a dream come true.

I'm with you on this, but at the same time... I can't pass up the opportunity to rip on you for front row seats for a bursting colon being a dream come true.

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

1979: Attend first Jets game at Shea Stadium

1987: Bought a full-season of season tickets from a fan in Newsday classifieds.

1988: Joined STH waiting list. Began a 12 year period waiting for good news from the Jets. It never came.

2000: Paid old postal worker $10,000 for his ST postcard giving me the rights to his Row 1 Mezz Seats at GS.

2004: Waitlist seats come through, upper deck endzone, two rows from the flags at GS, gave them up.

2008: Paid retiree with Day 1 seniority $4,000 to purchase MetLife PSL's in my name.

2009: Selected Row 1 seats in Mezz A corners, best view for a non-Club seat in the house.

2010: Seats officially signed over to me, the 22 year odyssey of being a STH carpetbagger are over.

So, yes, for me PSL's were a dream come true. I like a little elevation to see plays develop, I won't do Club seats as I don't need a TV at a football game. I'm on the visitors side which is great for resale and I'm in the shade so I don't have to squint. Verizon corner is closest to Club parking which I have been grandfathered. Some old-timer who squatted in great seats in Giants Stadium and blocked me out now has the shoe on the other foot. Justice.

SAR I

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

1988: Joined STH waiting list. Began a 12 year period waiting for good news from the Jets. It never came.

2000: Paid old postal worker $10,000 for his ST postcard giving me the rights to his Row 1 Mezz Seats at GS.

2004: Waitlist seats come through, upper deck endzone, two rows from the flags at GS, gave them up.

2008: Paid retiree with Day 1 seniority $4,000 to purchase MetLife PSL's in my name.

2009: Selected Row 1 seats in Mezz A corners, best view for a non-Club seat in the house.

2010: Seats officially signed over to me, the 22 year odyssey of being a STH carpetbagger are over.

So, yes, for me PSL's were a dream come true. I like a little elevation to see plays develop, I won't do Club seats as I don't need a TV at a football game. I'm on the visitors side which is great for resale and I'm in the shade so I don't have to squint. Verizon corner is closest to Club parking which I have been grandfathered. Some old-timer who squatted in great seats in Giants Stadium and blocked me out now has the shoe on the other foot. Justice.

SAR I

Like I said, I get it, but it was just too easy to make fun of having front row seats for a sh*t show. :)

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

SAR I

I am actually starting to believe you. You are winning me over, lol.

Like I said, I get it, but it was just too easy to make fun of having front row seats for a sh*t show. :)

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. Then again, I (we) can't complain too much. Unlike the likes of the Bills and Dolphins, for the past 15 years we've been very competitive, have averaged 9.5 wins a year with a healthy quarterback, saw some nice playoff runs. As a PSL owner committed to 30 years of Jets fandom, it's expected we're going to have 20 years of suck so that we can enjoy 10 years of awesome.

I am actually starting to believe you. You are winning me over, lol.

It's actually true. All I wanted back in 1988 was to be a season ticket holder with consistent seats with a decent view. And what I had to go through to get there is ridiculous, shady eBay dealings, deceiving the ticket office, seniority bribery, legal documents. Say what you want about PSL's, but Woody Johnson rightfully ended the practice of squatters in the best seats in the house who would sell half the games for 2x face value and attend the other games for free. Once that party ended, thousands of season ticket holders pouted and walked out, we took their primo locations, and those are the people who take shots at us now. They had it good for 20 years, now its our turn. And the fact that it took PSL's to get us there is what bugs them the most, they thought that no one would pay $5,000 a seat, that Woody would get his, and they'd get their gravy-train freebie seats back.

Nope.

SAR I

Archived