Wilkerson: We Have A Lack Of Focus

Maxman

This was more a generic reference to the media. Not so much an agenda going into the interview. You can have a 30 minute interview - but  they will parse out the words or headline the negatives that fit the current state of the Jets or in the case of other reporters take the quotes that fits their agenda. Classic example was the negative tweets highlighted by the media with Decker - totally ignored the positive ones - didn't fit their agenda.

Oh I agree that there are a ton of agendas out there. No argument from me on that.

Wilk said they have a lack of focus and communication. I was SHOCKED he used those words! I thought that was something.

Indeed.

"Focus" is almost entirely a watchword for Coaching.

When players are calling out Coaches, they generally use two terms.

Focus.  And Preparation.

Hard to tell. I think "incredibly overrated" is harsh. They're pretty good. The problem is, they literally have the worst coverage I've ever seen behind them. It would be interesting to see how the DL would look with corners who arent beat the second the ball is snapped. A half a second to a second is a lot of extra time for a QB. If they could hold for a second, I think the D would look a lot different.

I use the term "incredibly overrated" because so many treat it like it's a super-unit of some kind and nearly, if not the best in the league.

I agree that better coverage would help, but that street goes both ways.

I use the term "incredibly overrated" because so many treat it like it's a super-unit of some kind and nearly, if not the best in the league.

I agree that better coverage would help, but that street goes both ways.

It does, but picture yourself playing QB and the second you receive the ball from the Center, everyone is open on the field.  I dont care how good your DL is, it wont matter.  

It does, but picture yourself playing QB and the second you receive the ball from the Center, everyone is open on the field. I dont care how good your DL is, it wont matter.

Are you aware that a corner getting beat at the snap is a technique issue that's correctable with proper coaching?

Archived