where is the proof that Idzik is a bad GM and Rex is a bad HC?

bealeb319

So many of these threads have been about how the Jets fans want to get Idzik and Rex fired but what I don't understand is their logic.

Starting with Rex who in some ways I can understand seeing as he is more of a friend to the players than a boss and that can without a doubt cause problems. Rex has done some great things for our team, sure it is easy to point fingers and blame Rex because our team has only 1 win and 8 losses at this point in the season but remember not only that our team has suffered greatly from a couple unfortunate injuries but also we have played some tough teams led by the best quarterbacks in the league (the only qb in the elite bracket we don't play this year is Brees who isn't having the greatest of seasons). Aside from the fact that we have played these great teams we have also suffered from a couple of really bad calls from the referees this season, one example would be when we played the bears where we had a pass interference call that should have been on Alshon Jeffery but instead was called on Antonio Allen and we also had a fumble that Wilkerson recovered and returned for a touchdown that was blown dead when it shouldn't have been. Remember last year when everyone thought the jets were going to have a season like we were having this year and we ended up at 8 wins and 8 losses, Rex didn't do such a bad job then and we were missing talented players all over the field. The thing that I love about Rex is that when he has players with a shred of talent (which we don't at the CB or QB position this year) they will play their hearts out for him.

Idzik I think has been doing a pretty good job as our general manager and I don't understand where all of the hatred is coming from. Idzik might not have spent  all of our money on a cornerback who could have of course helped the team and that I understand people being a bit angry about however Idzik also cant see into the future, what I mean by this of course is that at the beginning of the season we had Milliner who looked pretty good tword the end of last season, Patterson who although is not great was supposed to be half decent and McDougle who showed a couple of really great things in the preseason, how could Idzik have possibly known that all three of these guys would end up not contributing to our team this year? another thing that people are complaining about is that out of 12 players drafted this year we only have 4 left on our roster but how many of these players can you really expect to keep? yes I agree on the point that some of our draft picks might have been questionable however in a normal draft anyone that is drafted after round three is basically a crapshoot, you pick the guy who you think is going to be the best and hope that he lives up to the expectations however it is unreasonable to think that our round 5,6, and 7 players are all going to end up on the roster or on any roster for that matter. Idzik brought in some players at a fair price who he believed to be good for our team (Decker,Johnson) and like the draft sometimes even the veterens don't pan out the way you think they could (Johnson) but what more can he do than try? Idzik also made a trade that brought Percy Harvin to the jets at a low risk and high potential reward. Idzik might not have found us a cb to trade for which we obviously desperately need but im sure he tried. 

The truth is that with our Serious problems at the QB and CB positions the jets would be a losing team no matter who our head coach or general manager is. its obvious that we are all frustrated because our team is doing terrible and it is easy to pick someone to dump the blame on, but in reality both Rex and Idzik have done some great thing for the jets and I really find it hard to blame either one of them (atleast totally blame) for the jets only having one win so far this season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many of these threads have been about how the Jets fans want to get Idzik and Rex fired but what I don't understand is their logic.

Starting with Rex who in some ways I can understand seeing as he is more of a friend to the players than a boss and that can without a doubt cause problems. Rex has done some great things for our team, sure it is easy to point fingers and blame Rex because our team has only 1 win and 8 losses at this point in the season but remember not only that our team has suffered greatly from a couple unfortunate injuries but also we have played some tough teams led by the best quarterbacks in the league (the only qb in the elite bracket we don't play this year is Brees who isn't having the greatest of seasons). Aside from the fact that we have played these great teams we have also suffered from a couple of really bad calls from the referees this season, one example would be when we played the bears where we had a pass interference call that should have been on Alshon Jeffery but instead was called on Antonio Allen and we also had a fumble that Wilkerson recovered and returned for a touchdown that was blown dead when it shouldn't have been. Remember last year when everyone thought the jets were going to have a season like we were having this year and we ended up at 8 wins and 8 losses, Rex didn't do such a bad job then and we were missing talented players all over the field. The thing that I love about Rex is that when he has players with a shred of talent (which we don't at the CB or QB position this year) they will play their hearts out for him.

Idzik I think has been doing a pretty good job as our general manager and I don't understand where all of the hatred is coming from. Idzik might not have spent  all of our money on a cornerback who could have of course helped the team and that I understand people being a bit angry about however Idzik also cant see into the future, what I mean by this of course is that at the beginning of the season we had Milliner who looked pretty good tword the end of last season, Patterson who although is not great was supposed to be half decent and McDougle who showed a couple of really great things in the preseason, how could Idzik have possibly known that all three of these guys would end up not contributing to our team this year? another thing that people are complaining about is that out of 12 players drafted this year we only have 4 left on our roster but how many of these players can you really expect to keep? yes I agree on the point that some of our draft picks might have been questionable however in a normal draft anyone that is drafted after round three is basically a crapshoot, you pick the guy who you think is going to be the best and hope that he lives up to the expectations however it is unreasonable to think that our round 5,6, and 7 players are all going to end up on the roster or on any roster for that matter. Idzik brought in some players at a fair price who he believed to be good for our team (Decker,Johnson) and like the draft sometimes even the veterens don't pan out the way you think they could (Johnson) but what more can he do than try? Idzik also made a trade that brought Percy Harvin to the jets at a low risk and high potential reward. Idzik might not have found us a cb to trade for which we obviously desperately need but im sure he tried. 

The truth is that with our Serious problems at the QB and CB positions the jets would be a losing team no matter who our head coach or general manager is. its obvious that we are all frustrated because our team is doing terrible and it is easy to pick someone to dump the blame on, but in reality both Rex and Idzik have done some great thing for the jets and I really find it hard to blame either one of them (atleast totally blame) for the jets only having one win so far this season.

your right. lets not change a thing

Idzik became a terrible GM when it became clear that he wasn't going to spend money to bail Rex out this year. Call it Tannenbaum whimsy

at what point did he realize he needed to bail Rex out? after 2 their 2 best Corners suffered terrible injuries in the same day shortly before the season actually started and after all of the talented Corners were already gone? our first 4 games we actually played close even with the lack of talent and aside from that Rex did a half decent job converting AA to a corner (obviously he isn't the greatest corner but with the time given he is doing well at the position). during the off season there were also a couple of corners who were called in and just left without contracts but who knows what actually happened with them maby they wanted more money then they were worth which is likely or maby they just simply wanted to see what their other options were and someone else offered them more money. he made a trade for Harvin that gave Rex a small shot at getting to 8-8 this season though.

at what point did he realize he needed to bail Rex out? after 2 their 2 best Corners suffered terrible injuries in the same day shortly before the season actually started and after all of the talented Corners were already gone? our first 4 games we actually played close even with the lack of talent and aside from that Rex did a half decent job converting AA to a corner (obviously he isn't the greatest corner but with the time given he is doing well at the position). during the off season there were also a couple of corners who were called in and just left without contracts but who knows what actually happened with them maby they wanted more money then they were worth which is likely or maby they just simply wanted to see what their other options were and someone else offered them more money. he made a trade for Harvin that gave Rex a small shot at getting to 8-8 this season though.

I was being sarcastic. People genuinely like Rex and they're sad about him getting fired, so they want to execute the executioner (in this case, Idzik). Rex fans are dopes.

Idzik became a terrible GM when it became clear that he wasn't going to spend money to bail Rex out this year. Call it Tannenbaum whimsy.

I was on board with not overpaying a bunch of slightly-above-JAG types like DRC just to bail out Rex and sacrifice the long-term plan for the sake of the now, but this abortion of a draft was just inexcusable, and was arguably bad enough to merit being fired for in and of itself.

I was on board with not overpaying a bunch of slightly-above-JAG types like DRC just to bail out Rex and sacrifice the long-term plan for the sake of the now, but this abortion of a draft was just inexcusable, and was arguably bad enough to merit being fired for in and of itself.

Maybe, but why does every draft turn out this way under this regime? 

I was being sarcastic. People genuinely like Rex and they're sad about him getting fired, so they want to execute the executioner (in this case, Idzik). Rex fans are dopes.

Dude it was near impossible to miss out on all these WR's in draft, IDDY missed not once, not twice, but 3 times lol 

I'm glad we have a GM who's strategy was to sabotage his Head Coach rather than acquiring talented Football players.

Hey, I think they bring Rex back, but if not, I'm sure Joe from the corner gas station will have some great players because he's the only one that would take the job with a GM who would actively sabotage his head coach.

Maybe, but why does every draft turn out this way under this regime? 

We never purged the scouting department and still have remnants from 2 regimes ago like Bradway and Bauer stinking up the place. Just because Woody forcing them on potential GM candidates doesn't make for headlines like forcing Rex on them does, doesn't mean it wasn't as equally off-putting to them.

We either bring in a strong GM with a personnel background and allow him to FULLY clean house and bring in his own people (coaching staff, scouting and front office), or we can expect more of the same sh*t brand of Jets football we all know and loathe.

Here is the evidence that John Idzik blows:

2014 - NEW YORK JETS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 18 Calvin Pryor FS Louisville 2 49 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech 3 80 Dexter McDougle CB Maryland 4 104 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma 4 115 Shaq Evans WR UCLA 4 137 Dakota Dozier T Furman 5 154 Jeremiah George LB Iowa State 6 195 Brandon Dixon DB Northwest Missouri State 6 209 Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska 6 210 IK Enemkpali DE Louisiana Tech 6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson 7 233 Trevor Reilly LB Utah 2013 - NEW YORK JETS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 9 Dee Milliner CB Alabama 1 13 Sheldon Richardson DE Missouri 2 39 Geno Smith QB West Virginia 3 72 Brian Winters OG Kent State 5 141 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia 6 178 William Campbell G Michigan 7 215 Tommy Bohanon FB Wake Forest 2012 - NEW YORK JETS

Here is the evidence that John Idzik blows:

2014 - NEW YORK JETS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 18 Calvin Pryor FS Louisville 2 49 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech 3 80 Dexter McDougle CB Maryland 4 104 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma 4 115 Shaq Evans WR UCLA 4 137 Dakota Dozier T Furman 5 154 Jeremiah George LB Iowa State 6 195 Brandon Dixon DB Northwest Missouri State 6 209 Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska 6 210 IK Enemkpali DE Louisiana Tech 6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson 7 233 Trevor Reilly LB Utah 2013 - NEW YORK JETS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 9 Dee Milliner CB Alabama 1 13 Sheldon Richardson DE Missouri 2 39 Geno Smith QB West Virginia 3 72 Brian Winters OG Kent State 5 141 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia 6 178 William Campbell G Michigan 7 215 Tommy Bohanon FB Wake Forest 2012 - NEW YORK JET

pryor, amaro, mcdougle should be given another year to prove themselves. geno smith was supposed to be the best QB in the draft last year we spent a 2nd round pick on him. winters and aboushi are both alright. show me a team with that kept even 50% of the players that they drafted still on their roster please. I mean seriously do you think everyone we draft is going to end up being amazing? just seems a bit unrealistic to me to expect every player we draft to be a pro.. and why not complain about our scouting department if the draft picks are the problem?

Archived