Offseason moves that could help the jets outside of the draft.

bealeb319

QB:

Sam Bradford - although he has had a history of injuries for the rams when he is actually healthy he throws the ball well and rarely throws an interception or gives up a fumble.  He is likely to be cut by the rams if they can not find a trade for him and we would also likely be able to sign him cheap. Now that the jets have a few WRs who can actually hold onto a catch Bradford could really be a positive step in the right direction for the jets.

other QBs who we could target in free agency include Locker, Moore, Flynn, Campbell, and McCoy.

CB:

Morris Claiborne - we would likely have to make a trade to get him on our roster however there is a lot of tension between him and the cowboys right now plus he will be coming off an injury. the reason I like Claiborne is because he is both young and talented although he has disappointed the cowboys he played very well in man coverage during college. we would likely be able to get him for a fourth round pick and he could potentially be the best corner on our team. the concern i have with Claiborne is not his skill but can he stay healthy.

other CBs who we could target in free agency include Revis (unlikely), Flowers, or get Cromartie back.

RB:

Justin Forsett - this guy has been doing pretty good for the ravens and seeing as they have been using a three back system this year they may decide not to re sign his contract, i think he could be dangerous paired up with Ivory and using Johnsons speed only when the opposing defense is tired and gasping for breath. Powell becomes a free agent this year and although he has been alright i don't see the Jets giving him a new contract unless it is a cheap one.

other RBs who we could target in free agency include Ingram, Ridley, Dwyer

Other random players we could target in free agency:

Dez Bryant - yes i obviously know that the chances that the cowboys don't sign Dez to a new contract or franchise tag him are slim to none however if it did happen we could afford him by giving up Harvin and Dez is a monster WR and dangerous on any team.

Ndamukong Suh - although he is almost guaranteed to be a free agent Suh will undoubtedly be looking for a big paycheck, he would be worth atleast looking into though because reports state that the two teams he would like to play for are the jets and the giants. we honestly don't need Suh but just imagine for one second Wilkerson Suh and Richardson on the same defensive line and pretend that you are the opposing Quarterback. it would be scary.

Wes Welker - although Welker is starting to get a bit old i think he still has a few more years left in him. the Broncos are likely to let him go because he hasn't been productive for them this year. we really don't need another slot type receiver however one thing i really like about Welker is that he left the patriots on bad terms and he might enjoy playing against them twice per year. we also might be able to get him on a cheap contract due to his performance this year.

Jeremy Maclin - although the eagles are unlikely not to extend Maclin if he became available in free agency he would likely be expensive although he could be worth losing Harvin over.

Justin Blackmon - This kid has some very obvious problems and is currently suspended indefinatly. we would probably be able to sign him to a contract that would cost next to nothing and if he were able to straighten out his drug issues and get reinstated he is extremely talented and could be a viable number one receiver for the jets.

i know i missed a couple positions of need that we have such as offensive line but these are just some moves that i personally would like to see.

We need Chris Harris Jr and Morris Claiborne

I would like the Bradford signing too so we can get Amari Cooper or Beef up the O line I would like Suh too but he's gonna cost and our d line is already one of the best I would rather sign a linebacker or another o lineman then we could just draft Pass Rushers,Wide Receivers, and Corners

I'm not against the Bradford idea.  Seems like an Idzik guy.  Decent enough but injury prone.  I question how cheap he is going to come.  When people are talking about $10M per for Hoyer, Bradford at $13M seems less insane. 

I wouldn't mind a shot at Clairborne, but with Rex likely gone, I don't see the point.  We can probably make it with more zone CBs and won't need as much expenditure, plus his talent wasn't exactly signing in Dallas when he was healthy.  I'm not giving a 4th for him, especially not for 1 year guaranteed at $2.5M.  The time to get him was this year's preseason.   Same with Flowers.  I thought of Flowers as not a fit for Rex, but if Idzik liked him he would have reached out for the $3M with how bare our cupboards were. 

QB:

Sam Bradford - although he has had a history of injuries for the rams when he is actually healthy he throws the ball well and rarely throws an interception or gives up a fumble.  He is likely to be cut by the rams if they can not find a trade for him and we would also likely be able to sign him cheap. Now that the jets have a few WRs who can actually hold onto a catch Bradford could really be a positive step in the right direction for the jets.

If he signs for cheap, it'll be a one yr prove-it deal.

CB:   Morris Claiborne - we would likely have to make a trade to get him on our roster however there is a lot of tension between him and the cowboys right now plus he will be coming off an injury. the reason I like Claiborne is because he is both young and talented although he has disappointed the cowboys he played very well in man coverage during college. we would likely be able to get him for a fourth round pick and he could potentially be the best corner on our team. the concern i have with Claiborne is not his skill but can he stay healthy.  

other CBs who we could target in free agency include Revis (unlikely), Flowers, or get Cromartie back.

Trade for Morris? I doubt he makes the Cowboys team. Plus we need an actual CB, not a bust like Wilson. I do like all three other options you mentioned.

Don't need Forsett.

Won't get Dez.

Don't need Suh.

Welker is finished.

Maclin is the one I'd love to see be a Jet.

Blackmon would be the best WR in the NFL if it weren't for his drug issues. I doubt he plays again, but a 2 yr, minimum guarantee deal can't harm us. 

If he signs for cheap, it'll be a one yr prove-it deal.

Trade for Morris? I doubt he makes the Cowboys team. Plus we need an actual CB, not a bust like Wilson. I do like all three other options you mentioned.

Don't need Forsett.

Won't get Dez.

Don't need Suh.

Welker is finished.

Maclin is the one I'd love to see be a Jet.

Blackmon would be the best WR in the NFL if it weren't for his drug issues. I doubt he plays again, but a 2 yr, minimum guarantee deal can't harm us. 

He is not only the best WR on the Eagles, he is probably their best player -- period.  Much as I would like to see him with the Jets,  he is not going anywhere.

Archived