Plane carrying “Fire John Idzik” banner flies over Jets practice

Jack Straw

i don't go to games anymore. For me it's 3 hours every Sunday in the fall when my lawn doesn't need to be mowed any longer. If I want to do something else beside watch the game, I will. And if you do go to games, it's Woody who does the hiring and built the rediculous stadium. Blame him.

Idzik was hired to build this team and he failed. Idzik is getting a paycheck fans are paying PSL fees,ticket prices,merchandise and concessions to watch rotten football. Idzik is as much to blame as Woody is for hiring the incompetent inexperienced GM who didn't contribute anything towards Seattle's success. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik was hired to build this team and he failed. Idzik is getting a paycheck fans are paying PSL fees,ticket prices,merchandise and concessions to watch rotten football. Idzik is as much to blame as Woody is for hiring the incompetent inexperienced GM who didn't contribute anything towards Seattle's success.

Idzik has been here a year and a half. He has done a bad job. But let's not act like he ruined a dynasty here. Fact is he might not even be the problem.

Root for the Giants you silver spoon douche- oh wait they did this back in the 70s.

Root for the Giants you silver spoon douche- oh wait they did this back in the 70s.

Great comeback. You even spelled douche right. I underestimated some on this board. Keep up the class act.

"I've never witnessed anything like that," Colon said. "It kind of threw me for a shock. At the end of the day, John is part of this family. ... All we can do is support him and rally around him."

[/quote

"Rally around him" Colon says!! Well that means a definite WIN on Sunday!!! yes!!

I get a kick out of your inability to have any historical context into the self righteous comments that you are making

Glad I amuse you - historical context - a bit overddramatic don't you think. We are talking about fan response and behavior  to a bad time for the team. Nothing self righteous just different ways to treat people - sorry you can't handle it.

I don't know how people can blame the scouting dept. We don't know what reports they turned in. All we know are the picks Idzik made with those reports. I mean yeah maybe they are terrible but we don't have any proof either way. We have proof that Idzik is a bad GM. 

I have hated just about everything Idzik has done since day one. But let's face it the mess was here before he arrived. This was highly unnecessary. The guy has a family and feelings. The sign should have said "Fire Woody". He has failed the fan base much longer than anyone.

This.

The only report that matters to me is the one that surfaced regarding Idzik's drafting of Geno. Per the report, the scouts didn't like Geno and wanted no part of him. Idzik leveraged his title at GM, ignored the people he pays to listen to, and gambled his career on a highly-flawed prospect that nobody internally wanted. 

For someone who pretends to be so risk-averse, it was a pretty dumb, risky decision that will ultimately cost him his job. And rightfully so.

The only report that matters to me is the one that surfaced regarding Idzik's drafting of Geno. Per the report, the scouts didn't like Geno and wanted no part of him. Idzik leveraged his title at GM, ignored the people he pays to listen to, and gambled his career on a highly-flawed prospect that nobody internally wanted. 

For someone who pretends to be so risk-averse, it was a pretty dumb, risky decision that will ultimately cost him his job. And rightfully so.

You'll live with it if the GM takes a 2nd round flier on a QB. Minimal cost, potential high reward. 

An unidentified woman, described as a "disgruntled fan" by the owner of a local aerial advertising company, paid close to $1,000 to have it done.

Which one of you ladies did this ?

Id like to buy that lady a drink my wife said after reading this it took a woman to do a mans job.

You'll live with it if the GM takes a 2nd round flier on a QB. Minimal cost, potential high reward. 

Lol and yet live with botching every WR pick in draft, where even a blind man would succeed and with 12 picks in hand, not 5 or 6 just wow. If Rexey replaces Dom Capers in GB, I will sh1t 2 bricks

I agree with TS on this one. What report is this? Has it been verified? Call me skeptical but I find it hard to believe that Idzik picked Smith when NOBODY saw any worth in him. I can understand if there was dissent but NOBODY yet he picks him!?

Lol and yet live with botching every WR pick in draft, where even a blind man would succeed and with 12 picks in hand, not 5 or 6 just wow. If Rexey replaces Dom Capers in GB, I will sh1t 2 bricks

In two games vs Rex Ryan's defense, Matt Stafford has 4 TDs, 0 INTs, completed 62% of his passes for a QB rating of 105.2

In three games vs Rex Ryan, Jay Cutler has 7 TDs, 2 INTS, completed 60% of his passes for a QB rating of 97.

I agree with TS on this one. What report is this? Has it been verified? Call me skeptical but I find it hard to believe that Idzik picked Smith when NOBODY saw any worth in him. I can understand if there was dissent but NOBODY yet he picks him!?

you seem to agree with any pro idzik poster

In two games vs Rex Ryan's defense, Matt Stafford has 4 TDs, 0 INTs, completed 62% of his passes for a QB rating of 105.2

In three games vs Rex Ryan, Jay Cutler has 7 TDs, 2 INTS, completed 60% of his passes for a QB rating of 97.

those teams boast Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. Could just be rex's D doesn't match up great against Big WR. or any WR really since revis and cro left. 

you seem to agree with any pro idzik poster

Not so much pro Idzik in as much as Rex Ryan needs to go and I feel there needs to be more patience with Idzik. I feel he deserves an opportunity to bring in his own coaching staff. Nothing more nothing less. I don't get the need to publicly humiliate Idzik.

Thank you - as I suspected it states the room was split. Again a risk worth taking on someone who falls in your lap in 2nd round. Can u imagine if he traded up to 1st round for him?

I just don't understand why you would latch your career to a flawed prospect like Geno. We had so many holes besides QB at that point, why are you going all-in on a guy like Geno? How many shots at drafting a QB's did Idzik think he was going get? He should have rode it out for one year with Sanchez and drafted a QB the following year if it didn't work out. That would have at least gotten him to his third year as GM. By going all-in on Geno so early, he sealed his own fate.

I just don't understand why you would latch your career to a flawed prospect like Geno. We had so many holes besides QB at that point, why are you going all-in on a guy like Geno? How many shots at drafting a QB's did Idzik think he was going get? He should have rode it out for one year with Sanchez and drafted a QB the following year if it didn't work out. That would have at least gotten him to his third year as GM. By going all-in on Geno so early, he sealed his own fate.

I am not sure Idzik staked his career on Smith - he was a 2nd round pick ( unlike Buuffalo who went all in in the 1st round)and the Jets had a need at QB due to uncertainty of Sanchez. It was the injury that did Sanchez in - I think Sanchez would have started if he didn't get injured.

Archived