Mike Pettine / Mark Sanchez

Smashmouth

Wouldn't it be something if Pettine gets his team to playoffs this year and becomes a great coach, while Woody kept the Clown. I wish I could give you some good news. New GM new HC and a new QB, looks like 2017 at earliest to contend

How you doing assmop?

Been a long time.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but yet wrecks says all the time he don't even go to the offensive meetings or anything read collision low crossers.

Since he doesn't go to the offensive meetings, Im assuming you think "wrecks" doesn't know how an offense operates. Not sure why he's one of the best DCs in the game then. His input goes to the OC. OC then designs the offensive game plan. On the defensive side, he's more 'hands-on' coach since its his 'specialty'. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing was wrong with it when Jets were winning with a healthy team. Nothing was wrong with it when the Jets were winning despite having the worst QB play in the league over the last 5 years. Not every HC finds a Brady in round 6. Rex has done outstanding if you consider the type of QB play he's had to deal with. The alternative is only as bad.

Exactly the point. "Wrecks" shipped em out as soon as he could.

Chris Baker, Eric Barton, David Barrett, David Bowens, David Clowney, WFH, and the Ghost. Oh, and Bret Ratliff.

It still amazes me the Jets targeted a QB in the draft when Rex had Kellen Clemens just waiting to take over the team when he arrived.

yeah like i said wrecks can coach a pro-bowl team mostly because the guys are already smart and know how to play but he can not put a decent team together with a GM and he sure as hell can not coach young guys.

Not sure how many coaches can take their teams to the playoffs with out PB players. That DL looks pretty good. They seem to be young, but posters like you like to skip all the way back to the secondary where we have flag football players making starts.

Not sure how many coaches can take their teams to the playoffs with out PB players. That DL looks pretty good. They seem to be young, but posters like you like to skip all the way back to the secondary where we have flag football players making starts.

Wrecks is ruining Mo Wilk, Sheldon, Snacks and Davis. Can't wait for them to flourish when he gets canned.

Since he doesn't go to the offensive meetings, Im assuming you think "wrecks" doesn't know how an offense operates. Not sure why he's one of the best DCs in the game then. His input goes to the OC. OC then designs the offensive game plan. On the defensive side, he's more 'hands-on' coach since its his 'specialty'. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing was wrong with it when Jets were winning with a healthy team. Nothing was wrong with it when the Jets were winning despite having the worst QB play in the league over the last 5 years. Not every HC finds a Brady in round 6. Rex has done outstanding if you consider the type of QB play he's had to deal with. The alternative is only as bad.

Don't do this.

It's true. Pettines D started stinking halfway thru the 2nd and 3rd season. Remember when Rec had to take over the play calling? Yes, the D improved immediately. Pettine is doing well up there but to say Rex isn't a better defensive coach than Pertine is not true.

It was this friction of Rex taking over play calling amongst other things (anonymous sources) that caused the breakup. Pettine was a rat that needed to leave the town. I don't care what his record is with a team that has picked in the top ten for what seems like an eternity. That team was already there, in place with some talent. Which moves did Pettine make that's caused their 6-3 record?

Dude don't believe everything you read mon!! Pettine is on upward trajectory...Rexey towards hades...but he will get a DC in 4 minutes lol

100%. These 1 win seasons with Rex are getting old. It's like ground hogs day.

lol common denominator of suckiness on our teams the last 4 years wrecks just about everything and everyone besides the owner has changed.

you will see even if idzick gets fired and we get a new GM next year who will you blame when we are lucky to win 6 games next year we know it won't be rex.

Not long ago, I suggested that Pettine would be a better head coach than Rex, mainly because he was a prick and wasn't concerned with being a friend to the players.

Of course I was laughed off by the Rex lovers.

It's only 9 games into his first season so it's certainly not long enough to come to any definitive judgement, but it certainly not as ridiculous a sentiment as many of the Ryan disciples thought a few months ago.

Not long ago, I suggested that Pettine would be a better head coach than Rex, mainly because he was a prick and wasn't concerned with being a friend to the players.

It's only 9 games into his first season so it's certainly not long enough to come to any definitive judgement, but it certainly not as ridiculous a sentiment as many of the Ryan disciples thought a few months ago.

You'll have to yell louder. The Ryan disciples are all scattering like cockroaches when the light turns on.

Isn't this what JETS fans were saying at the end of season 2.

Amen to that, bro. Lol Lets take a look at the Tebow- year posts and laugh at how they get spun ever so gently in the coming weeks. There r a couple of us who saw this coming, and Lord knows we tried to get through, but the lynch mob was vicious. Smh

Now its Rex lol. The problem is that You cant just forget back to back afc champoonships.

How you doing assmop?

Been a long time.

what up Tx

AFC Least still a disaster, though Bills and Phins on rise.

Hoping the jet fans here will have some hope by 2017, entire new regime is needed.  Still enjoying Packers and of course RollTide

Cousins is a bit of a mystery I thought the Kid looked really good early on and he just began to go backwards at one point. Wondering if we can chalk up the Cousins regression to bad coaching and different systems from year to year ... I think Cousins can be a good player in the right situation. I would not be opposed to the Jets going for him or Hoyer this off season if they are available.

I think a lot of these backup QBs catch teams off guard when they come in mid-game and eventually, after a few games, teams pick up on them and shut them down.  That seems to be the trend I have noticed.

Right? The Jets never played a similar brand under Rex Ryan. He's never won a single Football game with effecient Quarterbacking, good defense and a solid running game.

Never.

Rex Ryan sucks and so does the state of the current Jets.

Pettine is 10 x the Head Coach Rex Ryan will ever be.

Agreed 100%, I used to think the same thing about Pettine and it's nice to see him having success in Cleveland. Just imagine if instead of firing Tannenbaum and keeping Rex, we instead kept Tannenbaum, fired Rex, and promoted Pettine - I think we'd be in much better shape as an organization today.

Rex Ryan sucks and so does the state of the current Jets.

Pettine is 10 x the Head Coach Rex Ryan will ever be.

As right as you are, you're wasting your time. You're talking to a Rex "dead-ender," who would rather lose with Rex at the helm than win with someone else. The fetish some people have for this clown is inexplicably bizarre.

Sanchez played one game.  Let's see how he does over these next few weeks.  Just look at Kirk Cousins

Sorry to burst your bubble but Kirk Cousins is a pretty damn good QB. If people wouldnt let the turnovers overshadow the amazing throws he puts in the skins would have more stability. Before you say he hasnt won anything ill tell you i know, and that doesnt matter cause you can see he has potential. His mistakes are all out of inexperience. Id take Cousins right now if we had a decent QB coaching staff...

Sorry to burst your bubble but Kirk Cousins is a pretty damn good QB. If people wouldnt let the turnovers overshadow the amazing throws he puts in the skins would have more stability. Before you say he hasnt won anything ill tell you i know, and that doesnt matter cause you can see he has potential. His mistakes are all out of inexperience. Id take Cousins right now if we had a decent QB coaching staff...

A pretty damned good QB that was benched for Colt McCoy, has more interceptions than TDs through his three year career and is throwing to guys like Djax, Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss and Jordan Reed.  How can you be so certain he's a pretty damned good QB and will overcome these "inexperience-drive" mistakes, whereas you're so quickly to write off others as busts who do the same?  

I think there's a connection between teams that don't have a long term option at QB who have disciplined hard assed coaches. Pettine makes it work because hell basically cut you if you turn it over. In Jetland, it's encouraged.

The Jets play sloppy football. Rex's lack of discipline and non attention to details really gives us no shot.

Archived