ATTENTION New York JETS: Jets Fan Focus Group

JoeC36

Ok so here are the rules. 

- Don't name potential candidates for the head coach or GM position. 

-List the traits that you want to see in potential candidates. 

-Outside of selling, what do you believe ownership has to do to right the ship?

These are just the first two parts of the focus group. We will come up with more as we go along and send a link of the thread to the New York Jets. 

A headcoach has to be a teacher before a friend.

I want a hc that does anything it takes to win (leagally) even if that means going against the owner or GM.

a hc that holds people accountable

a hc that gives fair and equal competition and knows what may the best man win means.

a coach that shuts up and just coaches

I don't know about you but i could go without all the stupid quotes.

the owner has to hire look at other teams and see how a organization should be run look at the steelers, packers, and ravens they have good teams because they have a good organization that gave them the players.

He needs to be smart with strong leadership qualities. Somebody who holds the door open for me. Thoughtful. Who doesn't like flowers? PDA isn't needed but sometimes preferred. Big strong hands with a good sense of humor. mmmmmmmm

you're opinion doesnt count browns fan

He needs to be smart with strong leadership qualities. Somebody who holds the door open for me. Thoughtful. Who doesn't like flowers? PDA isn't needed but sometimes preferred. Big strong hands with a good sense of humor. mmmmmmmm

and pina colodas and getting caught in the rain.....................lallalalallallalalalla

GM-background in personnel or scouting or both, and hisotry of mining draft and free agency for not only stars(especially a QB) but depth at all position groups.

HC-understanding of offense, the way the rules have tilted the field in offense's favor, understnading the importance of QB and corner ina more pass-oriented NFL, really above anyone else on the field.

Ok so here are the rules. 

- Don't name potential candidates for the head coach or GM position. 

-List the traits that you want to see in potential candidates. 

-Outside of selling, what do you believe ownership has to do to right the ship?

These are just the first two parts of the focus group. We will come up with more as we go along and send a link of the thread to the New York Jets. 

take a look at Herm, Mangina and Rex and try to figure out the common denominator. No, it's not that they all aspired to be on ESPN, it's that they had ZERO experience as HC's. Now look at Mr T and Idzik, and see that they also had ZERO experience as GM's.

then ask yourself, do you hire the lawyers that protect your money, and the accountants that shelter your cash from taxes based on zero experience and who will work for the cheapest salary?

Pretend that the NY Jets, which are just a passing hobby for you, is that juicy trust fund you live off of. Maybe this team deserves the best money can buy. There is no salary cap on the front office and coaching staff. How the hell does a franchise from NYC with a billionaire owner have one of the lowest paid head coaches?????

It's Leon Hess 2.0

HC: NFL HC experience. No west coast sh*t unless he has reputation for vertical game

GM: NFL GM experience. Spent time, preferably most of his time, with orginazation with well deserved reputation of quality drafts.

Great

Problem is if he had that, he probably wouldn't be out of work

A good head coach is a person who can lead and demand respect and lead with example.

Other traits a coach can have is demanding winning from his team and knowing both sides of the football well unlike the coach the jets have now who only knows defense.

The Owner should be a football minded person not just a business mind. The Jets have a business only owner who doesn't give 2 damns about winning. Its not fair to the fans when the owner doesn't care.

Hahaha... this is exactly where I was going to go with my response to this. Well done.

No rookies.

No defensive coordinators.

A head coach who is like Bill Parcells in every way but is not Bill Parcells.

A general manager who is exactly like Ron Wolf but is not Ron Wolf.

Our owner is fine but he needs to review what happened to the prior owner in 1996. He suddenly stopped hiring rookies and inexperienced front office people and got decisive and brought in high powered very experienced very successful NFL types.

And if all else fails and I would be very happy to have Mike Tannenbaum and Mark Sanchez return to the fold as a Plan B.

SAR I

I want a GM that accumulates as many good football players as possible.

I want a head coach that utilizes that talents strengths to win games. I do not want another coach that runs his system and his system only.

I want ownership to stay out of the way other than to give support when asked for it from their football people. And I want ownership to worry less about what the press and fans think and more about winning games.

No rookies.

No defensive coordinators.

A head coach who is like Bill Parcells in every way but is not Bill Parcells.

A general manager who is exactly like Ron Wolf but is not Ron Wolf.

Our owner is fine but he needs to review what happened to the prior owner in 1996. He suddenly stopped hiring rookies and inexperienced front office people and got decisive and brought in high powered very experienced very successful NFL types.

And if all else fails and I would be very happy to have Mike Tannenbaum and Mark Sanchez return to the fold as a Plan B.

SAR I

Would not mind seeing Mr T back at all, or Sanchize.

If I have to hear about "finding the next Richard Sherman" or "finding the next Russell Wilson" or "playing like Seattle" or building a team like any team for the next four years, I will throw up. BB has had about 4 different types of teams. Bill Walsh did too. Good teams find good players and put them into a position to succeed. Period.

Archived