Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great setup, Leelou!

Since when do you guys ever listen to me? lol I'm honestly surprised that no one picked up on the hider clues. I also stated definitively that Jif was not scum. When do I ever say anything definitively, especially declaring someone town? You guys had me yelling at my computer. lol 

It was a really fun game, anyway. 

I picked 'em up.  I just didn't feel like drawing too much credible attention to them in case you were a Weak Cop.

Nolder... just when I defend you, you do this...

You spent the entire scum thread crying about people not participating enough, then say this.

Butthead.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you.

I thought it sucked that you entered the game late but was already a top poster.

It was a criticism of the other players.

I know I said you need to "calm down", that was my way of say good job.

I wasn't really in a mind to be clear at the time sorry.

I thought I would be happy about the emo meltdown that I was bound to find in the scum thread but I'm really not. Sorry Nolderp. You're my #2 now. I know how you feel.

It wasn't really even your fault entirely.

Whether you caught me or not you guys all ignored Smash and Pac and Hallia for at least two days.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me just want to lurk in games as scum.

If I hadn't said sh*t I don't think you'd have ever caught me except maybe through meta.

It'll only take a few games to change meta though and then it wouldn't matter.

Great game AVM. The Doc reveal was too money. I was coming your way, 100%.

Stupid Ape had to over think it

You too dude.  You played SO good I had to keep you alive and play off Ape's suspicions.  Rare case where you want to keep the hot hand in.

Haha, nice... very, very well played.

You realize you were trying to sell AVM on me being scum today, right?

Also...

That's me I refusing to vote for the guy who played today the best. 

JIF, you did a good job catching Nolder on D1. I'll give you that, and everyone who plays mafia should experience that at least once, I've gotten him D1 like 3 times, not to mention others. You failed to bring 80 to lynch though, and 80 was more obvious than Nolder tbh. 

I thought this game over in the car after I voted you this morning. AVM should have been obvious to me, but every time I poked at him, he seemed to come back with a genuine sounding townie response. He did everything he needed to to squash my pings each time and stayed off almost everyone's radar. 

Lily deserves some props for taking out Verbal, that was a heads-up choice and even moreso a good call on revealing in night phase.

I played to make people happy, hope you all got some laughs out of my folly. It was nice to play again.

:D

It was like playing chess with you the whole time.  You move, I counter, it pings you so I think back to times you'd cornered me before and tried to play into that.  Also tried to be careful when you misspoke a couple times -- you were clearly town to me pretty early on, but I wanted to have the "Ape only does this as scum" card to play at end game.  

One of my biggest pings of the game, and I let myself be talked off of it. 

Not many people assuage my suspicion the way AVM did this game. He deserves the win, and having JIF flounder through the final day to seal the town loss is like the cherry on top.

Lots and lots (and lots) of trial and error helps :P

Great game Lily.

Yeah it was -- I don't think I've seen the role played that well before.  Absolutely awesome game.

it's like you were pitching a shutout and lost the game in the bottom of the 9th on a solo shot.

Ha! I love the analogy!

It wasn't meant as an attack on you.

I thought it sucked that you entered the game late but was already a top poster.

It was a criticism of the other players.

I know I said you need to "calm down", that was my way of say good job.

I wasn't really in a mind to be clear at the time sorry.

I was just teasing, it's okay.

Honestly, when I made the decision to join the game I figured I'd be more fireworks than substance. Not that I didn't try to piece things together, but as an example, the only re-read I did was when I joined and skimmed D1. I read enough to see things that pinged me, but not enough to really break things down and form strong logic. 

The case on JIF was for the lulz, yeah, I thought he was scum, but I was connecting the dots, trying to catch everyone in one fell swoop and getting caught up in winning the argument rather than the game. It was fun, but those 3 things are hallmarks of when I play poorly and I knew it was happening at the time, and realized it. That's why at the end, I realized AVM was SK, but didn't want him to lose. I just stood pat on killing lynch, I figured the hystrionics (sp?) would be funnier. 

At the end of the day, all I had to ask myself is who between JIF and AVM looked the cleanest in end game. That is my go-to logic at the end, I just haven't played in a long time. I forgot a lot of my personal philosophies on how to get out of my own way.

You too dude.  You played SO good I had to keep you alive and play off Ape's suspicions.  Rare case where you want to keep the hot hand in.

:biggrin:

It was like playing chess with you the whole time.  You move, I counter, it pings you so I think back to times you'd cornered me before and tried to play into that.  Also tried to be careful when you misspoke a couple times -- you were clearly town to me pretty early on, but I wanted to have the "Ape only does this as scum" card to play at end game.  

Lots and lots (and lots) of trial and error helps :tongue:

Yeah it was -- I don't think I've seen the role played that well before.  Absolutely awesome game.

Ha! I love the analogy!

The bold is so not a scum tell on me, I should have voted you the minute you said it and closed my laptop. LOL

Seriously though, you did a good job scratching behind my ear enough so that I'd go sniff someone else's crotch.

Thanks so much Leelou -- that was a lot of fun.  I think everyone knows I love playing 3rd party more than anything else and it's killed me to come so painfully close -- 1v1v1 as survivor, twice a kill away as SK.  Nice to finally get a win, though I did originally want to case Ape here at the end and lead his lynch.  Hess forced my hand...I felt like voting Ape had a higher probability of backfiring.

The whole game I resisted the urge to overly post as that's what's killed me twice before as SK.  I'm not usually the most active person so it sticks out when I try to lead.  Winning a game as 3rd party is a good excuse to change things up, though.

As for the end here, when Ape came out voting JiF I immediately thought it was a setup -- trying to gauge my reaction.  Last time I was in a position like this at end game, with him there that's what happened.  I showed my ass and lost the game because of it (I think I was scum).  I almost feel like JiF and/or Hess were there in some capacity as well -- it's not an easy trio to be faced against.

The bold is so not a scum tell on me, I should have voted you the minute you said it and closed my laptop. LOL

Seriously though, you did a good job scratching behind my ear enough so that I'd go sniff someone else's crotch.

Perhaps not -- but in my mind it has been lol.  The only two times (that I can think of) that I was screaming from the mountain tops that you were scum and no one listened were focused around two small slip ups.

Clearly though, it's not a scum tell..since you're town this game lol.

Perhaps not -- but in my mind it has been lol.  The only two times (that I can think of) that I was screaming from the mountain tops that you were scum and no one listened were focused around two small slip ups.

Clearly though, it's not a scum tell..since you're town this game lol.

Yeah, I make mistakes like using the wrong name in haste no matter what alignment. The times you've nailed me, you used slips to build a better argument, but I believe you had me pegged based on instinct. Give yourself credit.

I stand by the being careful when those happened, though.  Going after you hard regardless of it being a tell or not would have been a recipe for disaster.  You were so clearly town in my view that nothing good could have come from it.

Yeah, I make mistakes like using the wrong name in haste no matter what alignment. The times you've nailed me, you used slips to build a better argument, but I believe you had me pegged based on instinct. Give yourself credit.

I'd rather not.  Winning SK's don't have a good survival record in games following their win.  I'd rather be viewed as lucky and incompetent :D

But thank you...I can't honestly remember the details anymore it's been so long.

I stand by the being careful when those happened, though.  Going after you hard regardless of it being a tell or not would have been a recipe for disaster.  You were so clearly town in my view that nothing good could have come from it.

No, I would have eventually reeled you in in that case. I played sloppy, and care-free, but if you agitated me enough I would have shifted into clobbering time.

AWESOME win AVM!!!  I was pulling for you hard.

And great setup by Leelou too.  I like that there was one non-traditional role.  It's nice to have games where there's not the usual cop and doc because it means we all have to keep on our toes in future games.  

I went all in on trying to get Nolder and Verbal killed and it backfired in horrific fashion.  But I had fun anyways.  It seemed to entertain Crusher for a few hours at least.

AWESOME win AVM!!!  I was pulling for you hard.

And great setup by Leelou too.  I like that there was one non-traditional role.  It's nice to have games where there's not the usual cop and doc because it means we all have to keep on our toes in future games.  

I went all in on trying to get Nolder and Verbal killed and it backfired in horrific fashion.  But I had fun anyways.  It seemed to entertain Crusher for a few hours at least.

Thanks much to you, Hess, and everyone for the kind words!

As for the bold, definitely.  That's twice now in recent memory that a well placed doc claim has cost the town big time.  Can't wait to see what comes of it

Great setup, Leelou!

Since when do you guys ever listen to me? lol I'm honestly surprised that no one picked up on the hider clues. I also stated definitively that Jif was not scum. When do I ever say anything definitively, especially declaring someone town? You guys had me yelling at my computer. lol

It was a really fun game, anyway.

I've actually never came across this role before. Just before I died I was gonna quote you doing that before every night to FoS you. I thought you were being all dramatic to come across as townie that didn't know if she'd survive the night LMAO!!!

But the later when Ape brought up the role and I read up on it I was like.... sh*t xD

Archived