Report Re Geno's last start

drsamuel84

Don't have a link for it yet but just heard on NFL Gameday from Ian Rapoport that in Geno's last start where he threw those 3 picks he was basically told who to throw the ball to on each play and discouraged to go through his pre-snap reads.  Honestly, Geno's been bad this year but not nearly as bad as he was in his last start so I actually tend to believe this report.  If it is true however, this solidifies the deal for me.  Regardless of what happens with Idzik it's time to get rid of this whole coaching staff, they have no clue how to develop a QB.

......he was basically told who to throw the ball to on each play and discouraged to go through his pre-snap reads.......

Did he venture a guess (or cite a source) as to why an NFL Coach would tell a QB to do something so unusual and stupid?

Sorry, but I don't buy this report anymore than any other jets Report these days.

Far too much CYA going on, and far too much "media can save my job" articles and defenses for Rex, Geno, Idzik, etc.

If the point is accurate, marty M. is all but criminally culpable and rookie-level-bad as an O-Co, and should be fired on the spot.

Jets play "red light, green light" with Sanchez

Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2009, 4:44 PM EST

Jets coach Rex Ryan wants rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez to be more careful with the ball. And he’s stressing that to Sanchez with a simple instruction before each passing play.

According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, Ryan will give Sanchez a code word before each passing play to let him know how cautious he needs to be.

Described as a simple red-yellow-green system, the color codes will tell Sanchez he needs to be cautious (red) or aggressive (green) or somewhere in between (yellow) on each pass play.

At first blush, this sounds more like the kind of thing you’d get from a Pop Warner coach than an NFL coach. And it comes across as though Ryan doesn’t have a whole lot of faith in Sanchez’s decision making.

But Ryan insists that he has plenty of confidence in Sanchez, saying that the rookie is coming off his best week of practice.

“This is the time that usually the rookies hit that wall, but he’s doing just the opposite,” Ryan said. “He’s breaking through that wall . . .  I think he’s going to have a great game.”

Don't have a link for it yet but just heard on NFL Gameday from Ian Rapoport that in Geno's last start where he threw those 3 picks he was basically told who to throw the ball to on each play and discouraged to go through his pre-snap reads.  Honestly, Geno's been bad this year but not nearly as bad as he was in his last start so I actually tend to believe this report.  If it is true however, this solidifies the deal for me.  Regardless of what happens with Idzik it's time to get rid of this whole coaching staff, they have no clue how to develop a QB.

They must have had a reason - such as he wasn't getting it in film study. They probably asked him to identify certain coverages and he was unable to. That's not QB development it is game planning with a dolt at QB.

Lol if this is true. We should fire Rex tomorrow and promote Marty to interim head man.

Hey Geno, I noticed you have a tendency to stare down your receivers. Why don't you try only throwing it to Percy Harvin for a little while? See how that works.

Geno has 19 TDS and 31 INTS. All 31 pics are not the coaches fault. Gene is turnover machine.

What about Genes fumbling?

Geno has 19 TDS and 31 INTS. All 31 pics are not the coaches fault. Gene is turnover machine.

What about Genes fumbling?

I bet Rex was telling him to put the ball on. The ground while Idzik was telling him to hold onto it.

Like previously said far too many CYA articles. Jets hired a dollar store GM to try and save a terrible coaching staff. Time to clean house.

THIS.  Geno is too fugging stupid to succeed in the NFL  He has Steven Hill disease.  I knew Hill was too stupid to play WR the second he opened his mouth. 

jets should keep vick for next year and sit the next "qb of the future" behind him to learn. send geno on a snipe hunt.

Don't have a link for it yet but just heard on NFL Gameday from Ian Rapoport that in Geno's last start where he threw those 3 picks he was basically told who to throw the ball to on each play and discouraged to go through his pre-snap reads. Honestly, Geno's been bad this year but not nearly as bad as he was in his last start so I actually tend to believe this report. If it is true however, this solidifies the deal for me. Regardless of what happens with Idzik it's time to get rid of this whole coaching staff, they have no clue how to develop a QB.

This is an absolute sh*t report. Pure speculation. No names. No coach will tell u to just throw to one player and one player only. Besides, the throws were garbage. Not sure which was crappier. The throws or the report.

Archived