Rex F bombs ref after game

PatriotReign37

We need to start some kind of betting pool on this site where we all wager on when and if Rex ever gets a head coaching job again. I'll take "no sooner than three years."

Actually, I'm starting to get a feeling that JiF is right, nobody is getting fired if they finish 5-11

It's good to know that, for a contingency of our fanbase, a 1-8 start can be forgiven as soon as Rex goes back to the well on public outbursts of profanity. 

To think... I thought our fanbase turned the corner. You've always been a sucker for that empty bravado though, haven't you?

Rex talked about it in his post game presser. He basically said that the NFL has a heavy protect the QB policy, which apparently doesn't apply to the Jets.

I Don't blame him

Totally agree. I'm not saying this to bitch, but is seems the refs have blown calls against the Jets all season. Rex has a point

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11848947&city=newyork&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

Totally agree. I'm not saying this to bitch, but is seems the refs have blown calls against the Jets all season. Rex has a point

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11848947&city=newyork&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

Jets miffed by Mike Mitchell leap

Jane McManus [ARCHIVE]

ESPNNewYork.com

November 9, 2014

fbtwitter

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- From the vantage of the victory formation, New York Jets center Nick Mangold saw Mike Mitchell coming.

The Pittsburgh Steelers' 6-foot, 210-pound safety got a running start and leaped over the offensive line, but not before Mangold reached up and flipped the soaring Mitchell over.

"I think it's a dirty play, and that's what it is," Mangold said.

He wasn't the only Jet to think the officials let the Steelers get away with a lot. Jets coach Rex Ryan got a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for something he said to officials after a fourth-quarter running play by New York quarterback Michael Vick.

In this league, they put a huge emphasis on protecting the quarterback and all players, as they should. I'm not so sure our quarterback was protected the same as the other quarterback today.

Then, when the 20-13 score became final, Ryan was caught by broadcast cameras yelling what looked like "F--- you" as he walked toward officials and Steelers players in the postgame scrum.

"I got a little upset," Ryan said in reference to the unsportsmanlike call. "In this league, they put a huge emphasis on protecting the quarterback and all players, as they should. I'm not so sure our quarterback was protected the same as the other quarterback today."

Still, the Jets could complain about it from the vantage of the winning team, after breaking an eight-game losing streak heading into the bye week. In the locker room after the game, the offensive line was sitting together and laughing as they discussed the play.

"I kind of saw him coming," Mangold said. "Didn't expect him to do that, but he did it. I didn't think it was the smartest of plays, but we're glad that he wasn't able to get to Mike."

Vick moved safely out of the way as Mitchell landed on his back behind the line of scrimmage. Right tackle Breno Giacomini said his first thought after the play was "Go get Willie," referring to former Steeler and scrappy right guard Willie Colon.

Colon rushed up to the Steelers players and a scrum developed, but no penalties were issued to players on either side.

"I think it was B.S.," Colon said. "I love that team, I was birthed into that organization, but I thought it was uncalled for. That's why I reacted the way I reacted."

"I saw the replay and what I saw was a flying Steeler," left guard Oday Aboushi said. "I looked up and saw this guy in the backfield and I thought, 'How the hell did this guy get there?' Took the jetway I guess and started flying."

Given the way the Steelers were playing coming into the game -- quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had thrown six touchdown passes in two straight games -- Aboushi could see how their opponents could be frustrated.

"Emotions were running high," Aboushi said. "It was definitely a physical game and everybody came out swinging."

Mangold was asked if he's seen many plays like that during victory formations. He said he hadn't, and that he didn't expect to.

"No, we believe that you're professionals," Mangold said. "You play hard through the whistle but you try not to do anything too dirty."

Vick may be the most unluckiest QB in the league. He gets hammered every game, but never draws a roughing flag. I can count 4-5 roughing the passer calls not made on Vick in these last two games. On one of them, he even fumbled, while in the pocket. It's like the ******* refs think he's an RB.

It happens to all the running QBs. When you see someone like Brady or Manning stumbling down the field on a scramble, the refs are more likely to protect them. When a guy like Vick, Can, or RG3 is taking off, they are held to the same standards as RBs or WRs.

Yes it is an unfair double standard. However it is not clear to me that the running QBs should be protected more. Perhaps the stumbling white guys should be protected less

With less than 2 minutes to go, Rex Ryan may not have seen that Vick threw the ball at a Steeler. He ran up and swore at the head referee as soon as the yellow flag came out.

CBS turned off the head ref's microphone after Vick's obvious 15 yard penalty was announced, not realizing the flag was for two penalties, and there was a second 15 yard penalty coming for Rex Ryan's language. This resulted in a 3rd and 46 for the Jets, who gave up a TD to the Steelers after the punt.

Steaming for the remaining few minutes of the game, Rex waited until the game end to continue his tirade. Immediately after the head ref motioned the end of game with his arms, Ryan took off his sunglasses, turned towards the head ref, and yelled "F*** You" as he entered the field with his giant face on close-up. (There were no Jets or Steelers player in the direction he swore).

If nothing else, he is a classy guy. This will look great on his resume as he seeks a new DC role.

From my time working st NC DOJ i can tell you there is one major character trait every prisoner i ever met shares: the "i aint gonna take nothin from nobody" gene. Well balanced people know when to take the higher road and walk away. Who cares if the guy in the bar thinks he "won" and that you are a pussy.

Sociopaths cant control their primal dog instincts when someone "sleights" them, real of perceived.

Vick may be the most unluckiest QB in the league. He gets hammered every game, but never draws a roughing flag. I can count 4-5 roughing the passer calls not made on Vick in these last two games. On one of them, he even fumbled, while in the pocket. It's like the ******* refs think he's an RB.

People love their dogs?  LOL

Archived