The Nets Thread Where Tom Talks to Himself

T0mShane

Baseball. Also has a monster TV deal.

You know that Nielsen television ratings is the biggest fraud committed on the entertainment and advertising industries?

About 0.01 percent of the 116 million TV homes in US are Nielsen households.  Not 1 percent, but a hundreth of a percent.

Billions of dollars are exchanged on a guess of what America is watching.  

You know that Nielsen television ratings is the biggest fraud committed on the entertainment and advertising industries?

About 0.01 percent of the 116 million TV homes in US are Nielsen households. Not 1 percent, but a hundreth of a percent.

Billions of dollars are exchanged on a guess of what America is watching.

You just posted the Nielsen television ratings.

Billy King about to dump Brook Lopez's necrotic corpse on the Thunder for Reggie Jackson, which will precipitate him dumping Deron Williams' gimpy, weak ass on some other team, after which he'll give Garnett to the Wolves. Effectively, Billy King has rebuilt the Nets 11 times since he's been hired here.

Billy King about to dump Brook Lopez's necrotic corpse on the Thunder for Reggie Jackson, which will precipitate him dumping Deron Williams' gimpy, weak ass on some other team, after which he'll give Garnett to the Wolves. Effectively, Billy King has rebuilt the Nets 11 times since he's been hired here.

Please do not use the word effectively while discussing Billy King's tenure with the Nets.

• Upvote 2

We support it with our hipster sneers from afar now.

It's actually a pretty hilarious fanbase. Kidd takes the team to the Finals, new arena in Brooklyn, and those are literally the only two times since Julius Irving that you get these guys that come out of the water yelling I'VE BEEN A NETS FAN FOR DECADES PAL. So much sh*t talking when they first moved, now quiet as a mouse, 99% of them, then they wonder why Knicks fans give Nets fans such a hard time.

It's actually a pretty hilarious fanbase. Kidd takes the team to the Finals, new arena in Brooklyn, and those are literally the only two times since Julius Irving that you get these guys that come out of the water yelling I'VE BEEN A NETS FAN FOR DECADES PAL. So much sh*t talking when they first moved, now quiet as a mouse, 99% of them, then they wonder why Knicks fans give Nets fans such a hard time.

Not to defend the Nets fans, but the team played for years in Secaucus and Newark. It's hard to connect with anyone when you're asking people to drive their kids out to Beirut to watch Benoit Benjamin and Reggie Theus.

Then it's a good thing NBA signed that mega TV deal last year

The Jazz sneak in and steal Reggie Jackson at the last minute, leaving the Nets with Brook Lopez, Deron Williams, a huge luxury tax bill and a lottery pick that goes tithe Hawks(?). Billy King should be thrown into a Siberian gulag.

He was also Isiah Thomas-like in Philly already. Nonetheless We have Prokorov looking for an exit like Stringer Bell finally realizing too late the big money guys in his new world are bigger crooks than the people he dealt with in the old neighborhood to make him money in the first place. Not sure King is smart enough to understand what a disaster he has been for 2 franchises. The guy should be allowed to sell soda much less be a GM for an NBA team. 

TV views live big league and college sports as all they may have left once streaming eliminates cable. Every day more people are gonna cut the cord. Perhaps a happy byproduct will be James Dolan living in a van down by the river, but he is surrounded savvy people who are diversifying him into West Side real estate that could have made a nice NFL stadium site. It's the only reason why they networks are writing huge silly checks. Someday soon the sports leagues will figure this out and cut out network middle men and simply stream direct. Basically right now the still want someone else to do the heavy lifting/overhead. Roger Goodell stupidly took the half steps of the NFLN  and reupping with DirecTV. Reality is the NFL streaming would dwarf anything else. If the WWE can do it, why not the NFL? Some league is gonna do it and make everyone else look very foolish and lazy. lBut as the streaming technology gets easier there may not be much heavy lifting anyway. Until then you can overpay for a cable package including the NBA. 

^ Combined with being bad, the Nets are also entirely unlikeable. I don't blame people for not watching.

That said, nobody is watching the NBA anymore. Basketball is in a death spiral. More people will watch the Combine 40's this Saturday than will watch any one game of the Finals.

That's what happens when New York is basically not involved with the nba season and the lakers are rebuilding. I don't think anybody is going to care about a warriors bulls finals.

That's what happens when New York is basically not involved with the nba season and the lakers are rebuilding. I don't think anybody is going to care about a warriors bulls finals.

Just read in the paper that NBC and ESPN yanked all remaining Knicks games from national broadcasts, in one case replacing it with bowling. The NBA, 2015.

Just read in the paper that NBC and ESPN yanked all remaining Knicks games from national broadcasts, in one case replacing it with bowling. The NBA, 2015.

Even better.  They yanked tomorrow's game and replaced it with pre-Oscar's coverage.

Nets look good tonight

That was a fun game to watch. The Nets dump KG and they start playing harder and are talking about having "better chemistry." Maybe KG was a pain in the ass behind the scenes?

I had no idea how good Thaddeus Young was. Dude hustles.

That was a fun game to watch. The Nets dump KG and they start playing harder and are talking about having "better chemistry." Maybe KG was a pain in the ass behind the scenes?

I had no idea how good Thaddeus Young was. Dude hustles.

He was great in NBA2K14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably the case. I watched last night and it appeared that both Brooke and Deron amped their intensity to Level 3, at the same time, together. Really a banner evening.

Once again, the NBA proves that stars matter.  Deron played like a star and they won.

All year the media pundits were lauding the Hawks for their no-star approach, but many people knew that they just have to wait for the postseason.  It's a star-driven league.

Deron Williams is a has-been. Even his own coach says so. Luckily for the nets he only has 2 yrs left on this deal and then the nets can blow up the roster. Until then it's fighting for the 8th seed

I think I prefer to fight for the 8th seed and win than to fight for worst record and lose.