The Nets Thread Where Tom Talks to Himself

T0mShane

The Eastern Conference gap is closing on Brooklyn. They're injury prone and now an aging team who's 1 year older.

And they haven't improved not even one bit throughout the entire offseason. 

They've lost Spencer Dinwiddie, Jeff Green, Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen and signed a career backup "Patty Mills" ????

They're also in absolute SALARY CAP HELL too. It's so funny.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 1:57 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Eastern Conference gap is closing on Brooklyn. They're injury prone and now an aging team who's 1 year older.

And they haven't improved not even one bit throughout the entire offseason. 

They've lost Spencer Dinwiddie, Jeff Green, Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen and signed a career backup "Patty Mills" ????

They're also in absolute SALARY CAP HELL too. It's so funny.

This aged well.  What a strange post.  I almost feel bad that the guy is gone since this was probably just to bait me.  The Nets got worse by losing a guy who played 3 games, two guys that played a combined 24 that they traded for James ******* Harden and Jeff Green?  They added Mills, Milsap and Aldridge and their draft is looking pretty good.  Cam Thomas seems like he can fill it up and Sharpe seems big and raw.  Duke and Edwards are pretty damn good for guys on two ways.  Plus, Blood Sport!

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I know that the second I start to feel confident in this team, Kyrie is going to show up and nuke them.

Yeah. Totally get that.  It is more fun to root for them right now with KD and a bunch of guys most people haven't heard of.  No confidence, but it is good to see they are still finding guys that can play beyond just leaning on megastar ball

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah. Totally get that.  It is more fun to root for them right now with KD and a bunch of guys most people haven't heard of.  No confidence, but it is good to see they are still finding guys that can play beyond just leaning on megastar ball

Aaaaaaaaaand Kyrie is not only back, he got his way. He was uncoachable before, but he’s gonna be a straight up terrorist now.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Aaaaaaaaaand Kyrie is not only back, he got his way. He was uncoachable before, but he’s gonna be a straight up terrorist now.

And amazingly the nets practice facility is not considered a gym anymore, so the vax mandate doesn’t apply. Some people are just always in the right place at the right time *rolls eyes*

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well.  It was fun while it lasted.

Fun game going on tonight with half the team in Covid protocol. It’s Blake Griffin, Patty Mills, and all the kids getting down by 16 and clawing back against Orlando over and over. Has a very NCAA feel to it.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:15 PM, T0mShane said:

Fun game going on tonight with half the team in Covid protocol. It’s Blake Griffin, Patty Mills, and all the kids getting down by 16 and clawing back against Orlando over and over. Has a very NCAA feel to it.

Jinxy McGhee here.  I enjoyed it.  I really like Duke. Thomas can score and he looks like a little kid.  He might end up being very useful.  Disappointed that Sharpe is out.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2021 at 9:15 PM, T0mShane said:

At Christmas my stepson got us tickets to what he figured would be a hot game, Nets - Celitcs.  They got down 28-2.  The cut it to 12 at one point, but most of the game they were down 20-30.  My 4 year old kept asking why the bad guys were winning?   I don't mind watching the kids, but Thomas and Sharpe had terrible games and they had nobody to play point.  The started with Blake Griffin bringing it up. 

I liked Harden which is surprising considering how lazy he is on the other end and I have been pretty vocal about not wanting any part of Simmons.  I didn't even want him for Kyrie and I don't much like Kyrie.  I guess the fact that Simmons doesn't shoot is not a huge issue with this team.  Drummond and Curry certainly help, as did having Aldridge back.  I guess we will see where this goes.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

At Christmas my stepson got us tickets to what he figured would be a hot game, Nets - Celitcs.  They got down 28-2.  The cut it to 12 at one point, but most of the game they were down 20-30.  My 4 year old kept asking why the bad guys were winning?   I don't mind watching the kids, but Thomas and Sharpe had terrible games and they had nobody to play point.  The started with Blake Griffin bringing it up. 

I liked Harden which is surprising considering how lazy he is on the other end and I have been pretty vocal about not wanting any part of Simmons.  I didn't even want him for Kyrie and I don't much like Kyrie.  I guess the fact that Simmons doesn't shoot is not a huge issue with this team.  Drummond and Curry certainly help, as did having Aldridge back.  I guess we will see where this goes.

What a mess this has turned into, even though it was kinda predictable once they caved to Kyrie’s idiotic demands. Sucks that you were forced to sit through it, but kudos for not bailing. I liked Harden a lot, too, but was terrified by him this year because he looked shot most nights, so him forcing his way out might be a blessing in disguise, because now he gets to tank Philly (presuming he never gets his legs back).  As for the trade, I feel like if they get anything out of Simmons, it’ll be a bonus. They needed a legit center because Nic Claxton might be softer than Brook Lopez was. Curry can shoot, which means the Nets never have to bring the execrable Joe Harris back, which is also addition by subtraction. I’m also guessing Adams will curtail the mandates once Spring hits and Kyrie can find other excuses to play half the games. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, maury77 said:

Great series between Boston and the Bucks. I was really surprised to see Dallas blow out the Suns, terrible games for the Suns and great game by Luka. 

The Celtics vs Mavs Finals is going to be sweet. Can't wait to see Luka and Tatum battling for a championship. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 4:54 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Not me! Loving every minute of this. 

Then you will love this ......heard on radio this AM that Nets are close to trading dirt bag Kyrie to Lakers and getting back Russell Westbrook. I really think Macc is working for the Nets.? 

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, faba said:

Nets blow every thing up and start over. Shows that just because you put so called stars together does not make it work as a team 

I want to like Kyrie. He's a local guy, insanely talented and a former NBA champ, but man does he make it tough to root for him. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, T0mShane said:

Good riddance to the worst piece of sh*t to ever grace one of my pitiful franchises. And if Durant wants to be a fecking **** about it, dump him too.

Amazed that anyone wants this turkey.   By the end of the year the narrative will be that he was not a good fit with Doncic.  But then again the NBA does not a care a fig for team chemistry, team concept anything but go get 'stars'

• Upvote 2