The Nets Thread Where Tom Talks to Himself

T0mShane

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They used to be on WOR channel 9.  My Dad, who used to love the Knicks has hated them for ages because they forced the Nets to sell the good Doctor to pay the entrance fee as another NBA team in the NY metro area. 

Yep, they had to pay the Knicks 3.8 million dollars for "invading their territory" and couldn't afford Dr. J.

Funny thing is that the Nets offered Dr. J to the Knicks in exchange for dropping the fee and they said no. Knickd passed up on a generational talent like Dr. J. That franchise has been inept for years

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Armen Gilliam was my guy.

Also Kendall Gill, when he made that appearance on Nickelodeon’s “My Brother and Me”.

Barkley used to call him “Charmin Armen” because he was so soft in the paint. Nice little jump hook, though. Kendall Gill was super gay but acted like he was a big ladies man. Check out the Cribs episode with him. It’s Tobias Funke-levels of hysterical

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bummed the Nets had to deal Shabazz. He was a nice story and a feisty dude. Hopefully they can pick him back up if he's waived in Golden State.

I thought Golden State was sending him to Minnesota with Graham?  From what I read, they still might be waived or moved, but their contracts become guaranteed after July 10, so things should happen fairly quickly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I thought Golden State was sending him to Minnesota with Graham?  From what I read, they still might be waived or moved, but their contracts become guaranteed after July 10, so things should happen fairly quickly.

I don’t know what’s going on at this point. ESPN was talking this morning about them moving DLo this week, too. 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bummed the Nets had to deal Shabazz. He was a nice story and a feisty dude. Hopefully they can pick him back up if he's waived in Golden State.

Poor guy.

Gets drafted to the Heat because lebron loves him....lebron leaves for the cavs.

3 all stars come to the Nets....he gets shipped off to the premier organization in the NBA over the past 5 years....only to immediately get shipped off to Minnesota.

One of UConn's finest deserves better.

• Upvote 1

CONGRATS @T0mShane !!!

That was a stunner, but you've been with the Nets for the long haul through the wilderness so its great that you finally see the clearing.

Of course, Kyrie might destroy the locker room and KD may never be the same, but that's not going to matter until down the road.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SMC said:

CONGRATS @T0mShane !!!

That was a stunner, but you've been with the Nets for the long haul through the wilderness so its great that you finally see the clearing.

Of course, Kyrie might destroy the locker room and KD may never be the same, but that's not going to matter until down the road.

Thank you, but I'm not counting rings yet. You know the history as well as anyone. ?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That would be gross. I think he’s going to the Clippers 

Me too.  I'd lose all respect for Kawhi if he went to the Lakers.  A Cyborg whose new nickname is "Dynasty Slayer" shouldn't need to join forces with the new Evil Empire. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please don't go to the Lakers, Kawhi.  I need this Nets dynasty to happen. 

I honestly don't care what Kawhi does. But if he does go to the Lakers, I don't want to hear crap about KD going to the Warriors anymore, when Lebron is stacking the deck again in his favor.

In fact, here's the real truth about the criticism of KD. While justified, an overwhelming amount of people weren't mad that KD went to the Golden State because of the mockery it made of competitive balance. They were upset because they knew it effectively blocked Lebron from collecting more titles/rings

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King P said:

I honestly don't care what Kawhi does. But if he does go to the Lakers, I don't want to hear crap about KD going to the Warriors anymore, when Lebron is stacking the deck again in his favor.

In fact, here's the real truth about the criticism of KD. While justified, an overwhelming amount of people weren't mad that KD went to the Golden State because of the mockery it made of competitive balance. They were upset because they knew it effectively blocked Lebron from collecting more titles/rings 

LeBron's "The Decision" was worse than KD joining the Warriors.  Kawhi joining the Lakers would be right up there with those 2 moments.

It's always been a poor reflection on the NBA the way Free Agency operates.  But LeBron started it all.  And then he claimed he was "never on a superteam".  What a POS. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:47 AM, T0mShane said:

Barkley used to call him “Charmin Armen” because he was so soft in the paint. Nice little jump hook, though. Kendall Gill was super gay but acted like he was a big ladies man. Check out the Cribs episode with him. It’s Tobias Funke-levels of hysterical

Who the eff wanted to see where Kendall Gill lived?

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Who the eff wanted to see where Kendall Gill lived?

Gill reeeeeeeeally thought he was a premier player and often called himself the best two-guard in the league after Michael Jordan. Reggie Miller would come to Secaucus and snatch Gill's soul on the court and Gill would still talk sh*t after the game. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gill reeeeeeeeally thought he was a premier player and often called himself the best two-guard in the league after Michael Jordan. Reggie Miller would come to Secaucus and snatch Gill's soul on the court and Gill would still talk sh*t after the game. 

I was a kid when Gill played. I’m pretty sure I thought he was the best 2-guard in the league besides Michael Jordan. I had a holographic foil Kendall Gill basketball card that was my prized possession as a child. I was a very poor child.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I was a kid when Gill played. I’m pretty sure I thought he was the best 2-guard in the league besides Michael Jordan. I had a holographic foil Kendall Gill basketball card that was my prized possession as a child. I was a very poor child.

He shot 43% for his career and only average over 20 ppg twice in his fourteen year career. Nobody's that poor. 

Demarcus Cousins receiving zero offers is a wow and also a sign that teams just don't want to deal with douchebags anymore (Kyrie and Jimmy Butler excepted). It's crazy that the NBA is the league that got its player culture sorted out while the NFL is still rife with sociopaths. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, T0mShane said:

Demarcus Cousins receiving zero offers is a wow and also a sign that teams just don't want to deal with douchebags anymore (Kyrie and Jimmy Butler excepted). It's crazy that the NBA is the league that got its player culture sorted out while the NFL is still rife with sociopaths. 

Do we know for sure if Butler is a douchebag? It seems just as likely he keeps getting thrust into playing with people that annoy him and he just got tired of it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Do we know for sure if Butler is a douchebag? It seems just as likely he keeps getting thrust into playing with people that annoy him and he just got tired of it.

I guess that's fair. I was going by the way it ended for him in Chicago and Minnesota, where they couldn't seem to be rid of him fast enough. He seems like a major hardo, whether or not that rises to the level of "douche." 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess that's fair. I was going by the way it ended for him in Chicago and Minnesota, where they couldn't seem to be rid of him fast enough. He seems like a major hardo, whether or not that rises to the level of "douche." 

Chicago is hella dysfunctional though. Every relationship they have with their stars always seems to end poorly. So far as the Wolves, they sure do seem like a roster full of young dudes that don't have much of an interest in pushing themselves, and Thibs is a notorious hardo. And the Sixers, who knows, they're motley as well. Embiid seems like the type of guy that tries to put his dick on your shoulder when you're trying to eat lunch, and **** that.

Maybe Butler's a jackoff, sure, but these are also some weird ******* situations he's been forced into and Butler is a legitimate star talent that none of these teams have even tried to structure their plans around.

• Sympathy 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Chicago is hella dysfunctional though. Every relationship they have with their stars always seems to end poorly. So far as the Wolves, they sure do seem like a roster full of young dudes that don't have much of an interest in pushing themselves, and Thibs is a notorious hardo. And the Sixers, who knows, they're motley as well. Embiid seems like the type of guy that tries to put his dick on your shoulder when you're trying to eat lunch, and **** that.

Maybe Butler's a jackoff, sure, but these are also some weird ******* situations he's been forced into and Butler is a legitimate star talent that none of these teams have even tried to structure their plans around.

Prescient af