1st Round

GangGreenDover

I'd take Gurley...Gurley, Gurley, Gurley !!!!! As much as I love Ivory, I'd still take Gurley. The next great RB, IMO.

Kubiak+Gurley is my dream scenario.

QBS GOTTA BE FREE AGENT W EXPERIENCE STARTING!!

Our defense sucks...we need upgrades everywhere except DL, so defense wouldn't bother me either.

So do we still pick our Franchise QB first round or a Playmaker like Cooper, or even a OL

Think we have to hold out breath on that.  I'm predicting a 5-11 season instead of 1-15, which puts the Jets in a whole different ballpark.

At 5-11 I'm thinking about Cook, if he comes out, which he indicated he wouldn't

We'll end up with 4-5 wins, and drafting a CB. Sorry.

Unless you're an idiot named John Idzik, signing a top CB in free agency is easy enough. Besides, I don't think Idzik even knows what a cornerback does on the field. When he sees the letters CB next to a players name, he probably goes "Huh? Wha-? What do you mean, CB? Isn't that what truckers use to talk to each other on the road?"

Regardless of the poor play at quarterback we do not need to waste a draft pick on one.  It takes years to develop a player out of college and there is absolutely no reason to draft a quarterback at this point.  Landon Collins looks to me like a top 10 talent in this years class.  I think we should take an O lineman, cooper or collins depending upon who's there. 

If Mariota is not available, I would like to see us pick one of the WRs -- Cooper & Strong are the top 2 in my book right now (a lot could change before the draft).  If we don't go WR, I would rather see us stay on the offensive side of the ball with one of the OTs (Scherff, Peat or Ogbuehi) or even a guy like Gurley -- a special talent even though its not a position of need.

Don't think so either.  Truth be told, I'm not sure he has better pro potential than guys like Kevin White or Sammie Coates.  

I go back and forth on Coates....like he's going to be awesome or he's going to totally suck that type of back and forth.

If Mariota is not available, I would like to see us pick one of the WRs -- Cooper & Strong are the top 2 in my book right now (a lot could change before the draft).  If we don't go WR, I would rather see us stay on the offensive side of the ball with one of the OTs (Scherff, Peat or Ogbuehi) or even a guy like Gurley -- a special talent even though its not a position of need.

Not that I disagree with improving our Oline, but what exactly are we going to do with Brick? Cutting him after this year gives us $9+ and $5+ million in dead money the next two years and just for the opportunity to start a rookie at LT?  Either that or we cut our brand new RT or make our first rounder sit the bench.  With the way that brick's contract is structured, I just don't see anyway he's let go in the next two years.  With Geno clearly not the future, I think our first rounder has to be packaged to snag one of the QBs unless they love someone like Hundley in the 2nd round, because if they don't, the future of our franchise doesn't look very promising. 

I go back and forth on Coates....like he's going to be awesome or he's going to totally suck that type of back and forth.

Yea, he's not as consistent as White has been, his most recent disappearing act was shocking considering he was supposed to be as close to 100% as he's been all season.  With the way the underclassmen have been declaring lately, this is going to be another very solid draft for WR.

Not that I disagree with improving our Oline, but what exactly are we going to do with Brick? Cutting him after this year gives us $9+ and $5+ million in dead money the next two years and just for the opportunity to start a rookie at LT?  Either that or we cut our brand new RT or make our first rounder sit the bench.  With the way that brick's contract is structured, I just don't see anyway he's let go in the next two years.  With Geno clearly not the future, I think our first rounder has to be packaged to snag one of the QBs unless they love someone like Hundley in the 2nd round, because if they don't, the future of our franchise doesn't look very promising. 

Good points - was not thinking about the contract situation, but Brick is not getting any younger and he is not the same player he once was.  If we bring in an OT who is an upgrade over Breno that could replace Brick in a year or two, I would not have a problem with the pick.  That said, I would much rather see us go QB or WR in the first.

Good points - was not thinking about the contract situation, but Brick is not getting any younger and he is not the same player he once was.  If we bring in an OT who is an upgrade over Breno that could replace Brick in a year or two, I would not have a problem with the pick.  That said, I would much rather see us go QB or WR in the first.

The Connolly kid on the Bulldogs aint half bad

I would definitely go for an upgrade on the line, I'm just not sure there's much wiggle room with Brick's contract.  There's still too many pointless games for us to win for us to focus on any one position I suppose. We should know better by now.

I'd take Gurley...Gurley, Gurley, Gurley !!!!! As much as I love Ivory, I'd still take Gurley. The next great RB, IMO.

Kubiak+Gurley is my dream scenario.

QBS GOTTA BE FREE AGENT W EXPERIENCE STARTING!!

Our defense sucks...we need upgrades everywhere except DL, so defense wouldn't bother me either.

Love him too, but these guys go in 2nd rd now a days

Archived