Anybody have an answer Jets win out the rest of the way then

kuma

I think the team can win out, I really do. Rex Ryan is such a huge advantage over any other coach we will face the rest of the way. We had some misfortune early, or we could easily be 5-5 right now and looking to make a push for the division. There are still some PSL's available if anyone is interested.

what happens to Rex. The Jets go 8-8 again and win their last 7 games in a row.

I say Rex will still be the head coach next season

And I say that is typical of Rex loving Jets fans. Forgetting that Rex's Jets cannot beat the top teams in the league but are only able to play against the Minnesota's, Buffalo's and Oakland's of the league. I expect the Jets to beat Buffalo, lose to Miami at home (as usual), then beat Minnesota and Tennessee on the road before dropping a winnable game against NE and finishing with an upset in Miami for a 6-10 finish. Rex will boast of winning four of last six and that his defense is much improved - which will all be true - but the Jets will have lost the chance to get a real QB. Woody hopefully will not waver and will show both Rex and Idzik the door despite the 'improvement'.

The draft isn't why you play the game you play the game to win. 

If the Jets want Mariota and think he's the future franchise QB they will have to get creative if they don't garner the draft pick to get him. 

Trade the following years #1 do what you have to do instead of drafting slugs who usually don't wind up  making the team like many of this years 12 picks.

I could see Rex being extended at 2-14; at 8-8, Woody will erect a bronze statue of him outside of MetLife.

+1. So true.

The answer to the question is what do the FANS do? Last year, seemed that most of the drunken louts we call Jets fans were pleased as punch at the way the end of the season turned out, were giving a Week 17 standing O as Rex took a victory lap, teared up and cried as Woody announced "He's still your coach!" in the locker room.

So long as the planes keep flying and the t-shirts keep selling, we can go 6-0 from here and Rex is still being shown the door. If not, I'll keep selling my season tickets for another year, use the money towards watching the Yankees or Rangers in-person instead.

SAR I

And what did you have for us hosting Pittsburgh at 1-8? See, that's the whole idea of running the table....it's not SUPPOSED to happen. It would be something of a miracle.

same as everybody else, a huge loss.

the win against pitt probably makes it harder for us to win out, teams will take us more seriously. they won't be complacent like pitt were

if we win out it would be a miracle.  If we win out and we're happy about it, we are fools.

I don't see how winning out connects to Rex however.  Is Woody going to be happy that Rex coached us out of draft picks and into more years of shi***ty play?

Rex was already extended last year. The question for fans who want him fired is "will Woody buy him out?" 

Looking at the 30 mil in potential payroll Woody pocketed the answer might not be one you like. 

and BTW if they win out that means they went 6-2 in the division. If Pats collapse a little they could actually win the East with that record. 

if we win out it would be a miracle.  If we win out and we're happy about it, we are fools.

I don't see how winning out connects to Rex however.  Is Woody going to be happy that Rex coached us out of draft picks and into more years of shi***ty play?

how are we fools for hoping the jets win out? i would like to hear more about that

I agree

It makes sense to either keep both, or fire both. I think if the Jets finish 6-10, both are back.

If Woody fires Rex, but keeps Idzik, he's basically assuring Idzik will be here for the next three years (something I doubt he'd be willing to do after this debacle of a season).  You're not going to be able to find any coach worth a damn if the GM is on a short leash. The only coaches you're going to attract are either a) guys like Norv Turner or Wade Wilson, who've failed multiple times as head coaches. or b ) coordinators that are on nobody's head coaching radar, like Brian Schottenheimer or (LOL) Rob Ryan. Basically your candidates are guys who no one else will even consider. So if Woody is going to give Idzik another chance, it's probably going to be with Rex staying on as the coach. 

If he fired Idzik and kept Rex, he'd be repeating the same mistake he made two years ago.  You're settling for lesser GM candidates.

That's why i think it's either both stay for one more year, or both go.

If Woody fires Rex, but keeps Idzik, he's basically assuring Idzik will be here for the next three years (something I doubt he'd be willing to do after this debacle of a season).  You're not going to be able to find any coach worth a damn if the GM is on a short leash. The only coaches you're going to attract are either a) guys like Norv Turner or Wade Wilson, who've failed multiple times as head coaches. or b ) coordinators that are on nobody's head coaching radar, like Brian Schottenheimer or (LOL) Rob Ryan. Basically your candidates are guys who no one else will even consider. So if Woody is going to give Idzik another chance, it's probably going to be with Rex staying on as the coach. 

If he fired Idzik and kept Rex, he'd be repeating the same mistake he made two years ago.  You're settling for lesser GM candidates.

That's why i think it's either both stay for one more year, or both go.

I agree completely. Firing Rex and keeping Idzik would just perpetuate the half-assed way Woody does things, the same half-assed approach that got him an inferior GM to begin with. I'm hoping he sees the light. I'll be rooting the rest of the way, but it's entirely possible that too many wins down the stretch could lead to bad decisions at the end of the year.

I agree completely. Firing Rex and keeping Idzik would just perpetuate the half-assed way Woody does things, the same half-assed approach that got him an inferior GM to begin with. I'm hoping he sees the light. I'll be rooting the rest of the way, but it's entirely possible that too many wins down the stretch could lead to bad decisions at the end of the year.

As nice as it would be to get some wins, and get some enjoyment out what's been the worst season I can remember, I too worry that a late season surge could save the people most responsible for this disaster (Rex and Idzik).

how are we fools for hoping the jets win out? i would like to hear more about that

I've seen about 20+ years of 7-9  and 8-8 seasons. It gets old.  Perhaps others would find another such an ending to be triumphant and inspirational. Not me, not this year.  After this awful start, I'd like to see the Jets - just once - enter the offseason in a better than mediocre position.

I've seen about 20+ years of 7-9  and 8-8 seasons. It gets old.  Perhaps others would find another such an ending to be triumphant and inspirational. Not me, not this year.  After this awful start, I'd like to see the Jets - just once - enter the offseason in a better than mediocre position.

a lot of assumptions built into that statement including idzik being able to capitalize on a higher draft spot. i'd rather try to finish strong and give the team something to build on, rather than finish the season with a few more swirls down the toilet, the only memory of which is a couple skid marks left in the bowl, all in hopes that this is the year we will land some 22 year old savior that we have been waiting for 40+ years to arrive.

Archived