Jaiqawn Jarrett

RSJ

Impressive game. Amazing that a walk on was able to take the place of our first round safety in week 10.

To be fair, Jarrett was second round pick who ended up getting cut by Andy Reid in Philly.

Sar I was right - we jettisoned the two guys we should've kept (Sanchez and Tannenbaum), and kept the one guy we should've fired (Rex).

Tanny was better than IDDY but that is not saying much, team needs a real football guy to run the show not accountants or salesman

Sar I was right - we jettisoned the two guys we should've kept (Sanchez and Tannenbaum), and kept the one guy we should've fired (Rex).

Good one.!  Sar.   I would add we could have kept A. Cromartie;  btw---- other former Jets who are playing well include James Ihedigbo, Dwight Lowery ( intercepted

another pass yesterday). 

To be fair, Jarrett was second round pick who ended up getting cut by Andy Reid in Philly.

I think Calvin Pryor will be ok for us. But he was never a coverage guy-- more an in-box safety who Rex plays due to our lack of a true free safety.  We woulda been better keeping

Kerry Rhodes, and Dwight Lowery back there than what we've become.  Anyway, it was good to see Jarrett play well.

he really did nail it with that , it's the best way to sum up the last couple years.

I loved Jarrett coming out of college and wanted us to draft him (but not in the 2nd).  Someone on JN actually put up a college highlight reel of him and I looked into it further (since highlights don't tell the whole story) and found out he jumped off the screen with big hits and excellent run support.  Philly cut him without giving him much of a chance and when i checked a Philly board just after we signed him, a lot of Iggles fans were pissed and thought he never got a fair shake.  Trouble is, he's in the running of DPOTW and our #1 draft pick was benched for him.  Tough to justify sticking the rookie back in there when Jarrett had a career game.  Passes defensed, recovered fumble, a sack, two interceptions and multiple tackles. Beast of a game.

Yep. This kid was a pretty good looking player in college. That's why it is possible that this is more then just an odd flash in the pan. Perhaps Jarrett has finally found his game, or is being used correctly.

Remember when Maybin had that one great game?  Where's he now?  Handing out samples of Bagel Bites at a local ShopRite.

Jarrett is a JAG at best.

You realize that Maybin was the 11th pick in the draft in 2009. He received a multimillion dollar deal.

You won't be seeing him in Shoprite any time soon. Unless he's buying it

You realize that Maybin was the 11th pick in the draft in 2009. He received a multimillion dollar deal.

You won't be seeing him in Shoprite any time soon. Unless he's buying it

Forget it.  Maybin burned thru all that cash buying supplements, plus cases of EAS Myoplex and Muscle Techs's Amino Build.

Remember when Maybin had that one great game?  Where's he now?  Handing out samples of Bagel Bites at a local ShopRite.

Maybin was a one trick pony and his one trick was useful only in certain situations.

Now even if Jarrett is a one trick pony and that one trick is creating turnovers a wild guess would be he will see the field more often than not.

Maybin was a one trick pony and his one trick was useful only in certain situations.

Now even if Jarrett is a one trick pony and that one trick is creating turnovers a wild guess would be he will see the field more often than not.

Amazing how some so called Jets fans turn good into bad. 

All too true.

Of course, let's enjoy yesterday's win/performance by Jarrett.  But, after one game, let's not assume that the kid will do this every game.  

As a fan base, we're ready to proclaim Super Bowl after a win or two, or Pro Bowl after a player plays well.  All I'm saying is relax and see where Jarrett is after a few weeks.

Of course, let's enjoy yesterday's win/performance by Jarrett.  But, after one game, let's not assume that the kid will do this every game.  

As a fan base, we're ready to proclaim Super Bowl after a win or two, or Pro Bowl after a player plays well.  All I'm saying is relax and see where Jarrett is after a few weeks.

That's fine. But you were calling him a Jag. I didn't see anyone proclaim him to be a Pro Bowler though.

Just saying.

in the land of castoffs, never-beens, and never-will-bes, the JAG is king

Archived