Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

I have a PS4 to keep me out of the bar. Most every game that comes through blows. I enjoyed Shadows of Mordor. It lets you be a serial killer. Call of Duty is Call of Duty.

I've played some of Shadows Of Mordor a bit, very fun game and totally flew under a lot of people's radar. 

There is a lot coming out in the next couple of months/next year. Personally Im looking forward to The Witcher3 & The Division.

e5Vk0MC.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to play Shadows of Mordor, I don't have a 'next gen' console just a PS3 and 360 so I have to wait til the 18th for it to come out. 

Eventually I'll get a PS4 or XBOXONE but I don't see the need for it at the moment, really no games I want to play. 

Sega Genesis, PS2 and PS3 here. WreckingCrew73 on PSN, and still playing GTA Online, but getting fed up of Rockstar's continual attempts at deliberately f**king it up.

No plans to upgrade to PS4. Hell, I'd probably buy that Colecovision TV thing before I get a PS4 - our old Coleco ruled.

Sega Genesis, PS2 and PS3 here. WreckingCrew73 on PSN, and still playing GTA Online, but getting fed up of Rockstar's continual attempts at deliberately f**king it up.

No plans to upgrade to PS4. Hell, I'd probably buy that Colecovision TV thing before I get a PS4 - our old Coleco ruled.

Cool, I'll add you via PSN if that's ok. I kept repeatedly getting owned on GTA Online, probably because of my poor driving and shooting skills. 

I love my PS4 though, if anything for the new DS4 controller is head and shoulders about the DS3.

It's amazing the difference in speed and fluidity in which in boots up vs my PS3. Still going to hang onto the PS3 though, my kids are bogarting it playing Minecraft on it non stop.

So far I've only played Wolfenstein, Destiny, TLOU Remastered (finally got a chance to play Left Behind), and Shadows Of Mordor for a bit.

Can't wait to play Shadows of Mordor, I don't have a 'next gen' console just a PS3 and 360 so I have to wait til the 18th for it to come out. 

Eventually I'll get a PS4 or XBOXONE but I don't see the need for it at the moment, really no games I want to play. 

friend of mine says it is amazing

I'm a video game OG

remember pong, space invaders on a floppy for a PC, donkey kong, pacman, asteroids, defender, etc etc

The worst addiction I had was the 1st gran turismo on a playstation.  A guy at the store I got if from told me to get a controller for it.  It was like a pistol, the trigger was the gas, it had a wheel where the hammer was, and a button for the brakes and shifting

best $15 I ever spent.  I played it until 4 am 2 nights straight and got my super license the first weekend.  

anyone remember the PIX game on channel 11 after school ?

PIX     PIX   PIX    PIX 

• Upvote 1

I'm a video game OG

remember pong, space invaders on a floppy for a PC, donkey kong, pacman, asteroids, defender, etc etc

The worst addiction I had was the 1st gran turismo on a playstation. A guy at the store I got if from told me to get a controller for it. It was like a pistol, the trigger was the gas, it had a wheel where the hammer was, and a button for the brakes and shifting

best $15 I ever spent. I played it until 4 am 2 nights straight and got my super license the first weekend.

PIX PIX PIX PIX

Lol! Kids would be screaming "Pixpixpixpix" and some dude in the studio would just slap the button.

• Upvote 1

I'm a video game OG

The worst addiction I had was the 1st gran turismo on a playstation.  A guy at the store I got if from told me to get a controller for it.  It was like a pistol, the trigger was the gas, it had a wheel where the hammer was, and a button for the brakes and shifting

best $15 I ever spent.  I played it until 4 am 2 nights straight and got my super license the first weekend.  

PIX     PIX   PIX    PIX 

Lol! Kids would be screaming "Pixpixpixpix" and some dude in the studio would just slap the button.

Good god, lmao - yes, I remember this 

I have an Xbox 360; still working my way through the catalog of games. I'll probably go current-gen within the next year or so. Waiting for a few more releases and a solid price drop.

I also have a PS2 and an NES running in the upstairs bedroom. I'm getting into California Games right now. Still fun after all these years.

California_Games_NES_ScreenShot4.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I played this sh*tty game on my Sega Genesis.

I remember trying to run the ball in this game was impossible.

"I can't believe it!"

"It's a fake!" 

lol that game brings back memories. If I remember right, Montana would jump in and say "Great play" after a huge gain and "Great game" after a close win.

The Genesis is one of my all-time favorite consoles: Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shadowrun, etc.

Cool, I'll add you via PSN if that's ok. I kept repeatedly getting owned on GTA Online, probably because of my poor driving and shooting skills.

No problem, though I tend to play in the afternoon, occasionally later. Tend to basically do races, jobs and bounties. Love bounties - especially when it's a squeaker with a bounty on them.

And as for getting owned? Get a fully armored Entity XF - nobody's going to shoot you through the back window while you're driving in that, and it doesn't attract as much hostility as a Zentorno or Adder.

Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qctKI_t5eY

Used to make 10p last hours on this.

• Upvote 1

Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qctKI_t5eY

Used to make 10p last hours on this.

That was one of the first games I bought for my NES. Loved it.

Reminds me of Frontline, which was another favorite of mine, from the arcade and the NES.

Front_Line_-_1982_-_Taito.jpg

I'm a video game OG

PIX     PIX   PIX    PIX 

Still have my 2600 and all my old systems in working order.  My 5 year old plays Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Galaga, etc.

Loved when WPIX had the PIX game and the kids

Still have my 2600 and all my old systems in working order.  My 5 year old plays Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Galaga, etc.

Loved when WPIX had the PIX game and the kids

I still have my Commodore 64 with Donkey Kong on floppy.  I brought it out and my sons just stared at it probably similar to the first time man saw fire.

I still play the Halo games and a couple older Madden game on our  Xbox 360.  I aslo use it to watch Netflix on my TV's.  My sons have moved on to the PS4 and Xbox one.  They are still trying to teach me to play GTA V.  LOL

get the chips and soda it's gonna be an all nighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBPSb22pPs0

It was always about GT2 for me. Still have my memory card with the 100 cars, including all the available BTCC cars, and the almighty Escudo. I remember hating the endurance races, which was weird, because in the first couple of PS1 Formula 1 games, I was always doing full length races/championships, still I thought they were too long...

Then years later got GT5, and lo and behold, the Le Mans 24 hours.

And F1 '97 is the greatest F1 game ever. Nothing has ever come close.

It was always about GT2 for me. Still have my memory card with the 100 cars, including all the available BTCC cars, and the almighty Escudo. I remember hating the endurance races, which was weird, because in the first couple of PS1 Formula 1 games, I was always doing full length races/championships, still I thought they were too long...

escudo, was that the pikes peak beast ?

a 24 hour race ?  lol, that's insane.  

I played GT2, it was better, but GT1 was my first love

PS4 and XBox One - Dhyre

Playing Destiny mostly (PS4) and picked up Halo (XBox One).  Waiting on Little Big Planet to drop in a few days

Also am a little bit of a PC gamer.

GTFO - sending you a friend request now on PSN for Destiny - what level are you at, and have you tried this Vault Of Glass Raid yet? 

get the chips and soda it's gonna be an all nighter

I wanted so much to like the GT games, but I realized I was such a sh*tty driver that I had to stop playing.

As bad as the games were, I liked Test Drive 4 & 5. :cringe:

Some of the early Need For Speed games were fun as hell too. 

What's the scariest video game on the market, ever?

Ask 10 different people, you'll probably get 10 different answers.

Like hooked said some of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games are pretty damn creepy. Also you'll hear a lot of people say Dead Space or Alone in the Dark.

For me it's Fatal Frame on the PS2. I played it at night when I lived alone and certain parts scared the hell out of me. On top of that it was a really fun and engaging game. They've made a few sequels and spin-offs, too.

Fatal_Frame_III_camera_gameplay.jpg

What's it called when it's a game like I think, call of duty? Where you don't see yourself, you see in front of you? Most shooter games are like that. The controls or more movement of your head and torso or aiming your gun. I HATE THOSE GAMES. They make me nauseous. And it's so hard to control. Too much movement. What those type of games called again? I want a super scary game without that type of BS.