Fishooked

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

I have a PS4 to keep me out of the bar. Most every game that comes through blows. I enjoyed Shadows of Mordor. It lets you be a serial killer. Call of Duty is Call of Duty.

I'm a video game OG

remember pong, space invaders on a floppy for a PC, donkey kong, pacman, asteroids, defender, etc etc

The worst addiction I had was the 1st gran turismo on a playstation. A guy at the store I got if from told me to get a controller for it. It was like a pistol, the trigger was the gas, it had a wheel where the hammer was, and a button for the brakes and shifting

best $15 I ever spent. I played it until 4 am 2 nights straight and got my super license the first weekend.

anyone remember the PIX game on channel 11 after school ?

PIX PIX PIX PIX

Lol! Kids would be screaming "Pixpixpixpix" and some dude in the studio would just slap the button.

• Upvote 1

What's it called when it's a game like I think, call of duty? Where you don't see yourself, you see in front of you? Most shooter games are like that. The controls or more movement of your head and torso or aiming your gun. I HATE THOSE GAMES. They make me nauseous. And it's so hard to control. Too much movement. What those type of games called again? I want a super scary game without that type of BS.

First Person Shooters

Hess, try The Last of Us. It's not crazy scary, but it's an excellent story with zombies and whatnot

I have PS3. I don't know you mean it's hardly RPG. Role playing game?

All I know is I like that type of a game where your character grows as the game goes on and you kill sh*t and do stuff to get past levels and you see the whole body and not just the first person view.

Thanks for the link!

Dragon Age is like Fable

Been playing Inquisition. I take it it's one of those games that's boring until you level up your team after 10 hours?

i've been playing it as well, the problem is I keep getting distracted by Destiny.

It's the game I love to hate.

Leveling up is a major grind, the story leaves a lot to be desired, but the gunplay is just so good.

I was warned that Destiny sucks.

Can someone explain the appeal of Inquisition? Is there something I'm missing? I walk around with my crew, we get in twenty minutes-long battles with bears and assorted soldiers, then I pick up some herbs. This goes on endlessly. I've closed a few rifts, but most of them have enemies around them that wipe out my team within two minutes. I'm just not getting what I'm supposed to do here.

• Upvote 1

I'm loving inquisition, too each his own.

After seeing Arsis yell at me, I gave it another shot, played through a couple of the main story missions, and was able to add a few new, ballsier characters (Iron Bull and a juiced-up Solas) to the mix that has made combat easier, so it's improved for me.

• Upvote 1

Is RE4 supposed to be great? I liked RE way back when, but the sequels sucked. Then I read that 4 is really good.

Also, stuck with Inquisition. It takes forever to get your character to the point of being fun, but once you start crafting and modifying your own weapons and armor, it improves a lot.

Anyone get dying light? Cool so far, kinda like gta format with zombies.

I'm a huge zombie horror guy and I hated the previews of this, but I ended up buying it and spending way too much time with it. A lot of fun.

PT is the one where you go through the same hallway 50 times?

from the 30 seconds Ive seen on review sites etc that seems to be accurate.

I've played it. Yes. Creepy and frustrating.

Whenever I boot us TLOU, I always sit at the title screen for a few minutes, because it's just so haunting to me. Still gives me chills to this day, multiple playthroughs later.

I can never double-buy a game (already had it for PS3), but I'd love to see a sequel even though I know it'd take five years to make.

I was annoyed with it because I literally could not see sh*t at night, even with the brightness all the way up.

Maybe its the cataracts on my old eyes. 

Early on in the game when you do your first night-time run, I was sprinting the whole damn time and found myself getting cornered and killed. **** that noise. I really wanted to like it though.

Strange that the same guys that did Dead Island did this game....yet Dead Island 2 is still slated to come out later this year, I wonder how similar they'll look. 

Yeah, the night running isn't worth trying until you get the grappling hook (when you hit level 5, iirc). When you get the hook, you can spider-man between rooftops and avoid the streets altogether.

Why cant they release new games on Friday's instead of this Tuesday bullsh*t?

Got the Witcher 3 and haven't even played sh*t because of work and family.

#firstworldproblems

It's Skyrim, which is cool.

Sweet. Playing last of us now, I guess I'll try Witcher next.

Last of Us is terrific.

Witcher 3 is good, but it's a pain in the ass if/when you encounter an enemy that outclasses you, as when you advance to the other map after meeting up with your boo. Literally everything in that world kills you quickly.

I've never played Fallout because it looks too much like Call of Duty. Am I stupid?

If this clip doesn't convince you, nothing will.

I think this is fanmade, but it contains clips of the original Fallout 3 trailer plus clips from all of the DLC components: Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Mothership Zeta, Broken Steel, Point Lookout.

That's totally different from what I thought it was. I got it confused with that Master Chief one and that other overrated one where you're in a submersible suit from a 50's movie.

You're thinking of Halo and BioShock....never played Halo, but BioShock is tremendous in my opinion.

BioShock was too cute, IMO. Once you got past the look of it, the play suffered.

Witcher 3 update-ish. It takes forevvvvvvvver to upgrade, but once you get to Level 7, you're able to not get killed by absolutely everything that approaches you.

The positives of the game are:

1. Most of the eight million storylines are clever and will keep you interested. There are murderous fetuses, you have to make moral choices that include possibly killing the chicks you bang. 

2. The map is huge and there are 1,000 different enemies. 

3. Everything is pretty.  

The negatives:

1. Takes forever to improve the character, so you spend substantial time "eating" food to regain health after literally every confrontation, even with puny animals like dogs and wolves. 

2. Figuring out how to use Alchemy and Crafting is impossible, but you need to do it in order to defeat other characters. There are a billion different plants, rocks, metals, chemicals, etc.

3. The combat system is basically button-mashing. It looks cool, but you're not really doing much outside of forward rolls, shooting fire, and slashing. 

Pretty much agree on all points. I haven't been able to play much except on weekends, so I'm still stuck on Level 7. I have serious add when it comes to open world games, so when it comes to finding undiscovered locations, I can't help but wander around to all of the "?" locations on the map, Many times the enemies were a way higher level than me so I had to run away like a pussy. 

Listening to the dialogue and voice acting is spot-******* on. Even the side quests are interesting and fleshed out. LOL I just finished the 'botchling' quest the other day. 

I love the minimap, comes in handy if you want to avoid enemies, although I would prefer that all of the ingredients  plant icons come up all the time. I like the fact that it shows you if a person or animal is 'lootable' after you kill them. Looting is a pain in the ass, sometimes the corpse disappears you and have to keep mashing X in hopes you find the tiny spot on the screen that is lootable. 

I don't like the inventory system, in that I wish I could carry more swords & weapons to sell. I wish there was a sorting option, from most valuable to least, highest number vs lowest, etc. WHen it comes to ingredients I don't know what is rare and what isn't, so I end up keeping everything and I don't know what to do with it all. 

But goddamn this game is just so big and deep, in  the map size, items. enemies, etc. It is definitely a lot of fun. I guess I have a lot of issues with comparing it to Skyrim, which I loved, but that did take getting used to as well. 

The only thing I dont like about the combat is the fast attack makes him jump around when I'd rather he be stationary - there were a couple of quests where it was a pain in the ass.

But they have been great in addressing a lot of the issues and patching it regularly, which is great. Should keep me pretty busy until Fallout4. 

Agreed across the board. I'm assuming that once you get a hang of the Alchemy/Crafting angle, then you can improve the experience a lot faster. It's fun, but it's frustrating to be a Level 10 and get destroyed by a Level 22 dwarf or some sh*t. 

I can't imagine the production meetings it took to create The Witcher. There are about 5000 different missions and each one has its own little story attached. The amount of work that went into it is absurd.

not a knock, but does the gamification stuff really matter to older guys? I don't pay attention to it all, figured it was aimed at younger generation and basement dwelling shut in's like T0mGayne who have nothing else going for them in life

I have over 90,000 posts on this site so I obviously have a lot going on

• Upvote 1

Still playing The Witcher 3 and I'm only at Level 16...been busy ******* around with a lot of side quests and I'm extremely anal about finding all of the undiscovered locations on the map, so I haven't been rushing through the main storyline as of yet. Still haven't left Velen yet, I heard Skellige is even larger.

My favorite part of the game is being able to slice people and creatures in half...fun times. Although I wish you were able to slaughter NPCs like in Skyrim. Oh well.

Stay out of Skellige until you get to 19-20. At that point, you're not only cutting dudes in half, the top half goes flying into the woods like you hit them with a sand wedge.

Whomever is playing the Witcher 3, huge and much needed update is coming - mainly regarding inventory management, and finally having storage chests. 

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms!?p=1821779&viewfull=1

This is good news. It's definitely a drag trying to find merchants with enough loot to buy your sh*t every five minutes just so you can get down to the weight limit.

Thought you might like to hear that.

Although I found if you complete horse races you can win saddlebags that increase your weight limit - I went from 90 up to 130, and I thought I read there was another one that will increase it to 160.

Edit: You can purchase one from this guy

But being able to stash items might eliminate the need somewhat.

Love the fact that the developer is listening to what gamers are asking for and putting in these fixes.

Thanks. I try to avoid the horse races and the Gwent thing. I feel depraved enough spending as much time as I do running around killing werewolves and crabs. I try not to add to it with the side-side stuff.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company