Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Do any of you guys still get Madden every year? I hadn't played one on the next-gen yet so I grabbed Madden 25 for like four bucks at GameStop. I think I'm done with it already, lol. Just a lot of the same stuff as usual installments. I got kind of bored. 

That said, this year's release might be worth checking out since we actually have a good team (or should have a good team) in there. Comes out in a little less than a month. I'm going to have to immediately take out the picture on the cover if I buy it, though. I wouldn't be able to stand looking at this damn thing. 

0ap3000000662369.jpg

• 7 months later...

Necro this thread.

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn, great game, highly recommend.

Anyone played   NIER: AUTOMATA? I'm thinking of trying that, I have a WiiU and might try Breath of Wild which is getting a lot of perfect scores.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 6:24 PM, Bombdirt said:

Breath of the Wild looks and sounds awesome, and I'm not really even a Zelda fan. If I had any disposable income I'd buy a Switch just for that game. 

Total impluse buy for me a couple of weeks back, but I bought the switch with BOTW. It's a lot of fun with A LOT to do. 

On 3/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, CTM said:

Necro this thread.

Anyone played   NIER: AUTOMATA? I'm thinking of trying that, I have a WiiU and might try Breath of Wild which is getting a lot of perfect scores.

HZD is on my list.

I've heard good things about Nier...and not just about 2B's butt either lol.

Been in a bit of a rut, as I've found myself replaying a lot of the same stuff...Skyrim SE, then Dishonored Definitive Collection, then Dishonored 2.

I think I need to play something 'new' for awhile before delve into the Bioshock Collection lol

On 3/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, CTM said:

Necro this thread.

7 hours ago, Fishooked said:

HZD is on my list.

Been in a bit of a rut, as I've found myself replaying a lot of the same stuff...Skyrim SE, then Dishonored Definitive Collection, then Dishonored 2.

I think I need to play something 'new' for awhile before delve into the Bioshock Collection lol

Is HZD first person or 3rd ?

1 hour ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Was given FIFA 17 for PS4. (Yeah, had to upgrade)

Meh.

I think the problem with FIFA is that they include so many soccer teams and leagues but there isn't a whole lot to do with them. It's pretty lacking in content. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 7:58 AM, Fishooked said:

HZD is on my list.

try HZD...well made, fun game with engaging story

Just now, JiF said:

Nice.  I'm going to try it out.  I cant do 1st person and was nervous about that so I havent tried it yet.

You'll like it I think. If memory serves you are more of a casual gamer type, it's an open world action RPG.. so you get the progression / power up stuff that makes RPG's engaging but less of the depth of a traditional RPG game like Fallout which can get tedious.

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

You'll like it I think. If memory serves you are more of a casual gamer type, it's an open world action RPG.. so you get the progression / power up stuff that makes RPG's engaging but less of the depth of a traditional RPG game like Fallout which can get tedious.

Doesn't post in 2 years comes to the surface in gamer thread, what a ******* nerd. 

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Thats exactly the type of game I like.  Sweet!   I need something new.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/11/2017 at 4:51 AM, Fishooked said:

I believe it's 3rd person, not sure if can be toggled at all. 

On 4/19/2017 at 1:30 PM, CTM said:

Third person only. Controls are really good though

Finished the main story the other day, solid game.  Visually it was very impressive.  Controls were great.  A little annoying how you have to go back and forth long distances on the map over and over again but fast travel definitely helps.  The health gathering was annoying but otherwise, pretty fun game.

I just started Uncharted 4 - the story is better than most movies produced these days but the amount of climbing in this game is ridiculous and ******* hate climbing in video games.  So the game sucks but the story is awesome. 

I have been up the ass of Wasteland 2: Director's Cut for the last few weeks. It was supposedly the inspiration for the Fallout games, and there are a lot of minor similarities. The gameplay is completely different, though; it's similar to the Diablo games. 

2913845-w2_dc_10.jpg

12 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

I have been up the ass of Wasteland 2: Director's Cut for the last few weeks. It was supposedly the inspiration for the Fallout games, and there are a lot of minor similarities. The gameplay is completely different, though; it's similar to the Diablo games. 

2913845-w2_dc_10.jpg

Looks cool, is this 4 player co-op?

3 hours ago, rillo said:

Looks cool, is this 4 player co-op?

Nah, it's just one player, at least on Xbox anyway. Not sure if there's a PC or PS4 mode for it. There's a lot of running around and questing to do so more than one person playing would probably lead to a lot of arguments. You control four main characters and you can also add three more to your party, so for the vast majority of the game you're controlling upwards of seven characters. There's a lot of micromanaging going on as far as inventory, weapons, ammo, fighting style, etc. You have to move each player individually in battle across a grid so it can get a little tedious at times but if you're into that level of control it's really versatile. 

I never played the original release that inspired the Fallout games (it came out back in 1987 for PC) but I can spot a lot of the similarities between the two. There's Power Armor, AP during battle, radiation and some other little things that make it seem familiar. It's not a perfect game--I do have some minor gripes (and I have had it crash on me a couple of times--good thing I'm an over-saver)--but for a title you can get for 10-15 bucks off Ebay it's worth checking out, especially if you're a Fallout fan. 

• Upvote 1