Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

More like several months lol 

Normally, yeah it would be months. I played through it a couple of times back on the 360, though, so I know where a lot of stuff is and how to handle things for the most part. It's still fun as hell, though. 

x0IZwaT1.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I'm hoping maybe with the DLC they might remove it, if they decide to add extra perks.

My problem is I only need 3 more skill points to get the last perk (and the lousy trophy) but I don't think there are any quests left for me for skill points. I did all the Tallnecks, Bandit Camps etc. 

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

On 7/14/2017 at 3:25 PM, CTM said:

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

There are rumors that Bethesda isn't even working on TES6...which I kind of find hard to believe myself...I don't think they want to release anything TES related so as to not cannibalize any sales for TES:Online, just my hunch.

I think they are going to announce new IPs before anything else, the big rumor is a game called Starfield I think. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, T0mShane said:

I found Mad Max for ten bucks. It's like a mash-up of a ton of better games, but it's ungodly repetitive. 

Its a lot of fun, but yes I agree. The driving and car combat is great though. Sadly its a shame that the convoys dont reappear after you've cleared them. 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fishooked said:

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, CTM said:

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

It really was a great game.  My only gripes were the leveling up, I just got that cool outfit you needed by finding the powercells and I've already beat the game.  I've gone through and basically done every secondary missions, errands, tall necks and eliminated the bandit camps which are actually more fun than some of the original story line.  The health is tedious and I wish there was more explanation around your items and how to best use them, etc.  But overall, a freaking great game.

• Upvote 1

I've played Friday the 13th on the PS4. (BTW, I've heard it's a nightmare on Xboxone)

It's fun, but... teamkillers and glitchers will ruin your game. Plus, if you get into a room where no one speaks, it kinda sucks. If several people are playing the way you are supposed to (teamwork) then the game is pretty fun. It's basically video game hide & seek though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have an opinion on Mass Effect: Andromeda? I just rented it today to check it out. I'm waiting on the updates and junk to install so I'm looking at the reviews--they're kind of sketchy. I hope this game doesn't suck ass, because I enjoyed the first three. 

Some of the examples of wonky animation I'm seeing don't bode very well, either. 

VgWtvvA.gif

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2017 at 5:04 PM, Bombdirt said:

Anybody have an opinion on Mass Effect: Andromeda? I just rented it today to check it out. I'm waiting on the updates and junk to install so I'm looking at the reviews--they're kind of sketchy. I hope this game doesn't suck ass, because I enjoyed the first three. 

Some of the examples of wonky animation I'm seeing don't bode very well, either. 

VgWtvvA.gif

Just beat it the other day. I enjoyed the game. I started playing as the female, got a few hours in, and just couldn't handle the weird eyes. Restarted as the male, and the animation seemed much better.

The story didn't capture me like the original trilogy, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Evil Within 2 is good.  Very Last of Us like.  A little tedious from a gathering/crafting/leveling up perspective but great game play and solid story.

That's gonna be the next game I play after I finish up the Bioshock Collection. I really liked the first Evil Within. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, Bombdirt said:

That's gonna be the next game I play after I finish up the Bioshock Collection. I really liked the first Evil Within. 

It's solid dude.  You'll really like it.  I never played the first one and now want to back and play it.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

The next major game I'm looking forward to is "Red Dead Redemption 2," which is supposed to come out in the spring. If you didn't play the first one, it's basically Grand Theft Auto in the old west. Lots of stuff to do and places to explore. 

I tried the first one and it was slow...like even an hour or 2 in it still never really developed.  Does it get better?  Seemed like it took wayyy to long to get from point a to point b too and complete missions.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I tried the first one and it was slow...like even an hour or 2 in it still never really developed.  Does it get better?  Seemed like it took wayyy to long to get from point a to point b too and complete missions.

Yeah, from what I remember some of the main missions can get kind of tedious, especially in the early-going, but once you start discovering new towns and opening up the map a little bit you get more free-roaming options to screw around with when you're not progressing the story. 

Later on you get to do all kinds of different stuff like looking for treasure, raiding forts, bounty hunting, playing poker, taming horses, etc. 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Xbox one is finally getting an ace combat game. 

I think I'll get in line tomorrow 

Geez, it's about time. That will be the only flight simulator title on this current generation of consoles if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if it's cool. 

On 12/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, JiF said:

Evil Within 2 is good.  Very Last of Us like.  A little tedious from a gathering/crafting/leveling up perspective but great game play and solid story.

I ordered this over the weekend. I should have it in a day or two. Can't wait. 

7 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

Geez, it's about time. That will be the only flight simulator title on this current generation of consoles if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if it's cool. 

I looked it up yesterday, we still have a year to go. 

Boooooooo

On 12/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, JiF said:

I've got a few hours into this game and I like it so far. I have some gripes with the combat system, though. Seems like it's way too hard to target enemies close up. I can't count how many times I've unloaded my shotgun into thin air while a monster masturbates on my shoulder. (Or then again, maybe I just suck.) If I get in a bad spot with a handful of monsters around, it's easy for me to get overwhelmed, too. 

I also am having very little luck with the locker rewards. I've collected seven keys so far and gotten gel exactly once. A lot of times it's just something stupid like gunpowder or a couple of bullets. Seems like the first game was a little more generous with the prizes there. 

Nerd rant aside, I am enjoying myself playing. It's just as engaging and fun as the first one. 

Here's some game play footage for those who may be thinking about picking this one up. 

26 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

I've got a few hours into this game and I like it so far. I have some gripes with the combat system, though. Seems like it's way too hard to target enemies close up. I can't count how many times I've unloaded my shotgun into thin air while a monster masturbates on my shoulder. (Or then again, maybe I just suck.) If I get in a bad spot with a handful of monsters around, it's easy for me to get overwhelmed, too. 

I also am having very little luck with the locker rewards. I've collected seven keys so far and gotten gel exactly once. A lot of times it's just something stupid like gunpowder or a couple of bullets. Seems like the first game was a little more generous with the prizes there. 

Nerd rant aside, I am enjoying myself playing. It's just as engaging and fun as the first one. 

Here's some game play footage for those who may be thinking about picking this one up. 

I feel your pain.  You get better with the shotgun as you learn when to use it.  For example, use your crossbow with electricity/smoke/freeze and then aim for the head.  Much easier that way because they pause for a second or 2 reacting to the bow.  You can also get skill points for less sway and easier aiming when you walk.  My biggest advice?  Run when it's a mess.  Learn when to use sneak attacks and how to use cover.  It is tedious but I kind of respect that you cant just run into a crowd of monsters and just smashing buttons.  You kind of have to learn how and when to use your resources.  It reminds me more of the Last of Us from that perspective.  

You clearly don't suck because I found like 3 keys the entire game and I've already beat it.  I got one prize from the locker.  lmfao  sh*t, I never even found...well, I wont spoil the weapons you get but lets just say I didn't get one of them and just focused on beefing up my hand gun (easy to find bullets), shotgun (most powerful) and bows because they're useful when the bosses start getting harder. 

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, JiF said:

I feel your pain.  You get better with the shotgun as you learn when to use it.  For example, use your crossbow with electricity/smoke/freeze and then aim for the head.  Much easier that way because they pause for a second or 2 reacting to the bow.  You can also get skill points for less sway and easier aiming when you walk.  My biggest advice?  Run when it's a mess.  Learn when to use sneak attacks and how to use cover.  It is tedious but I kind of respect that you cant just run into a crowd of monsters and just smashing buttons.  You kind of have to learn how and when to use your resources.  It reminds me more of the Last of Us from that perspective.  

You clearly don't suck because I found like 3 keys the entire game and I've already beat it.  I got one prize from the locker.  lmfao  sh*t, I never even found...well, I wont spoil the weapons you get but lets just say I didn't get one of them and just focused on beefing up my hand gun (easy to find bullets), shotgun (most powerful) and bows because they're useful when the bosses start getting harder. 

Yeah, I definitely need to learn to run when I get overwhelmed by multiple enemies. My video game stubbornness instinct is to just strafe and backpedal while I unload on everybody. That strategy is screwing me over right now though, because I'm at the part shortly after you fight that jizz monster (seriously, the thing looks like a big pile of splooge) and just got ambushed by a couple of tough fights in relative succession. Now I'm super low on ammo and nearly out of resources to make more. I'm gonna have some work to do when I get back to it today. 

As another aside, did you ever try the shooting gallery? It's almost exactly like the one from Resident Evil 4. I've gotten the low-level prizes but I can't get anywhere near the higher-level stuff (which includes a pair of locker keys), and it's bothering the crap out of me. I've even watched a couple of YouTube videos of people playing it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

I had to laugh at myself when I first tried it and didn't know how to play (I usually don't read directions). After each shooting gallery session, the game ranks your performance by putting you in different categories. Some of the names are "Sharpshooter" or "Cowboy"; things like that. On my first try I landed in the very bottom category, which is called "Get Your Sh*t Together." 

The monsters in this game are pretty well-done, and I've been genuinely creeped out by the plot at times. I'm a grown-ass man and I still crap my pants when I see one of those witch things. 

latest?cb=20171021020122

22 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

Yeah, I definitely need to learn to run when I get overwhelmed by multiple enemies. My video game stubbornness instinct is to just strafe and backpedal while I unload on everybody. That strategy is screwing me over right now though, because I'm at the part shortly after you fight that jizz monster (seriously, the thing looks like a big pile of splooge) and just got ambushed by a couple of tough fights in relative succession. Now I'm super low on ammo and nearly out of resources to make more. I'm gonna have some work to do when I get back to it today. 

As another aside, did you ever try the shooting gallery? It's almost exactly like the one from Resident Evil 4. I've gotten the low-level prizes but I can't get anywhere near the higher-level stuff (which includes a pair of locker keys), and it's bothering the crap out of me. I've even watched a couple of YouTube videos of people playing it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

I had to laugh at myself when I first tried it and didn't know how to play (I usually don't read directions). After each shooting gallery session, the game ranks your performance by putting you in different categories. Some of the names are "Sharpshooter" or "Cowboy"; things like that. On my first try I landed in the very bottom category, which is called "Get Your Sh*t Together." 

The monsters in this game are pretty well-done, and I've been genuinely creeped out by the plot at times. I'm a grown-ass man and I still crap my pants when I see one of those witch things. 

latest?cb=20171021020122

The best I got on the shooting gallery was 79k could never top that score. I watched you tube videos too. 

The story is fun and gets better.  So do the monsters.

Glad you’re enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 5:08 PM, Bombdirt said:

It does look pretty sweet (and I agree, the name is dumb as hell). I would have to upgrade my TV if I bought one though; I'm pretty sure mine doesn't support 4K. From what I've read about it, the downside is that it's not a next-gen console and there are no exclusives for it. I guess basically you're paying $599 for a graphics upgrade and a few other features. It will be interesting to see how many sell over the first month or so. 

xboxonex.jpg

The 4K HDR support on the "X" is stunning to say the least.  I have it hooked up to my LG OLED C7P....just phenomenal.

It also supports Dolby Atmos which gives me killer sound.

Games like Fortnite Battle Royal I can literally hear when gun shots/footsteps are coming from behind me to my left or my right. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CTM said:

anyone know about this monster hunter thing?  Seems to have some buzz

Somehow I've never played the series even though it seems like it would be right up my alley. I usually love fantasy/RPG type stuff. I guess i thought it would be like Pokemon or something. The new one coming out in a couple weeks looks pretty cool; I think I'll pick it up. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

Somehow I've never played the series even though it seems like it would be right up my alley. I usually love fantasy/RPG type stuff. I guess i thought it would be like Pokemon or something. The new one coming out in a couple weeks looks pretty cool; I think I'll pick it up. 

Same, I've never even heard of the series though