Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been playing "Life Is Feudal" Its an MMO online sandbox currently in Alpha Phase

Also looking forward to Everquest Next or The Repopulation

I run a gaming guild ...we have about 30 + members and a 512 slot teamspeak server . All kinds of gaming discussion going on there interactions with other gamers ...lots of football discussion as well ;)

www.prophecyguild.net

I guess I'll give Dragonage Inquisition a shot

Ive been playing "Life Is Feudal" Its an MMO online sandbox currently in Alpha Phase

Also looking forward to Everquest Next or The Repopulation

I run a gaming guild ...we have about 30 + members and a 512 slot teamspeak server . All kinds of gaming discussion going on there interactions with other gamers ...lots of football discussion as well ;)

www.prophecyguild.net

I guess I'll give Dragonage Inquisition a shot

Don't make me vaporize you as a spammer Smash.  

So, I got Dragons Age and New Vegas. Definitely not what I remember Fable being like and not like the God of War games. Don't like them. Make me nauseous and it's too little action and too many scenes and what not....pretty boring (no offense).

I need more action.

you are a ******* nerd

kys

XBox One Game help needed please.

I bought the Xbox One and the new Madden because I live on my own now and figured I'd enjoy it. However, I'm not a gamer- the last video game console I truly enjoyed for anything other than Madden is N64, and SNES before that. I loved the Marios and DKs, F-Zero, Star Fox, Super Smash, Goldeneye...basically back when there were fewer buttons and each button had only one responsibility.

Other than that, Sonic was cool on Genesis, I enjoyed Driver (1), Rayman (1), and all the Tony Hawk/Cool Border/BMX games for PS1. 

So basically, I don't really do video games. But, I got this free $60 gift card from gamestop and figure I might as well try something new for xbox one. After doing a sh*tton of research at work the past three days, I've decided on Forza Horizon 2.

My bro plays COD and all of those first person shooter games, and I've tried them but I straight up suck at them which is why I'm even hesitating. So my question is, should I go with Forza, or do you guys have anything else to recommend given my background with video games?

I bought the Xbox One and the new Madden because I live on my own now and figured I'd enjoy it. However, I'm not a gamer- the last video game console I truly enjoyed for anything other than Madden is N64, and SNES before that. I loved the Marios and DKs, F-Zero, Star Fox, Super Smash, Goldeneye...basically back when there were fewer buttons and each button had only one responsibility.

Other than that, Sonic was cool on Genesis, I enjoyed Driver (1), Rayman (1), and all the Tony Hawk/Cool Border/BMX games for PS1. 

So basically, I don't really do video games. But, I got this free $60 gift card from gamestop and figure I might as well try something new for xbox one. After doing a sh*tton of research at work the past three days, I've decided on Forza Horizon 2.

My bro plays COD and all of those first person shooter games, and I've tried them but I straight up suck at them which is why I'm even hesitating. So my question is, should I go with Forza, or do you guys have anything else to recommend given my background with video games?

Seeing as though I didn't really play most of those titles, except for Driver, which was a sh*tload of fun but glitchy as hell... I don't really have any recommendations for you really.

Have you tried any of the GTA games? In GTAV there is a sh*tload to do, and it's not in first-person mode. You'll definitely get your money's worth for sure. 

Seeing as though I didn't really play most of those titles, except for Driver, which was a sh*tload of fun but glitchy as hell... I don't really have any recommendations for you really.

Have you tried any of the GTA games? In GTAV there is a sh*tload to do, and it's not in first-person mode. You'll definitely get your money's worth for sure. 

Fish! Great to see a familiar face! Coincidentally, most of the people I asked regarding recommendations given my background referred me to GTAV. Did some research on it, seems like it got incredible reviews. Sounds like a must-play! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I was going to suggest GTA V as well; there's plenty of stuff to do and a huge environment to explore in that game without even playing the main storyline, so chances are you can find something you like to do with that one. I don't have any experience with Forza, so I can't give much of a recommendation on that either way.

You might also check out some of the downloadable titles on Xbox Live. From my experience, there are a lot of simpler games on there that don't require 40 different buttons to play, which might help you get used to the controller. You can download demos of a lot of them, too, so you can be sure if you like a game or not before you spend money on it. (That's how it works on the 360, anyway; I would assume it's the same on Xbox One). There are tons of different types of games, plus some old-school classics on there, too; I have a few good ones like Tron, Frogger and Dig-Dug downloaded on my 360. Good times.

tron-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fish! Great to see a familiar face! Coincidentally, most of the people I asked regarding recommendations given my background referred me to GTAV. Did some research on it, seems like it got incredible reviews. Sounds like a must-play! Thanks!

There really is a lot to do in this game besides driving and killing people. There are races if that's your thing. There is a ****ton of minigames inside the game, you can go out and explore and hunt, skydive, cycle, all kinds of sh*t. It's definitely a good time sink for the money. Only reason I didn't pick it up yet is I got it for the PS3, will wait for a price drop before I give it another go on the PS4. 

Got a ps4 for Christmas , love it so far. Currently playing the evil within and it's a lot of fun. Also play Madden and COD. I was big into PS3 and so far love the ps4. Add me if you want ganggreen32.

For PS3 the last of us is a fantastic game. I wasn't sure if getting it for ps4 is worth it. Anyone who had it first for PS3 and get it for ps4?

Got a ps4 for Christmas , love it so far. Currently playing the evil within and it's a lot of fun. Also play Madden and COD. I was big into PS3 and so far love the ps4. Add me if you want ganggreen32.

For PS3 the last of us is a fantastic game. I wasn't sure if getting it for ps4 is worth it. Anyone who had it first for PS3 and get it for ps4?

Congrats on your gift. I got the PS4 last christmas and it really is a great all around system. i'll add you next time I'm on. (Conceivedhaill88) 

Can someone explain the appeal of Inquisition? Is there something I'm missing? I walk around with my crew, we get in twenty minutes-long battles with bears and assorted soldiers, then I pick up some herbs. This goes on endlessly. I've closed a few rifts, but most of them have enemies around them that wipe out my team within two minutes. I'm just not getting what I'm supposed to do here.

• Upvote 1

Can someone explain the appeal of Inquisition? Is there something I'm missing? I walk around with my crew, we get in twenty minutes-long battles with bears and assorted soldiers, then I pick up some herbs. This goes on endlessly. I've closed a few rifts, but most of them have enemies around them that wipe out my team within two minutes. I'm just not getting what I'm supposed to do here.

Sounds about right, but you should be upgrading your crew, they shouldn't be dying that fast.

• Upvote 1

I'm having a sh*tty time of it as well, I tried to do a misc quest to go kill some rams for food, next thing you know I run into a coven of dooshes and they keep slaying my entire party.