Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

So I picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 this past week and I wasn't expecting much since I was really disappointed in the one before it. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far; it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. There are a few drawbacks of course: just two playable characters and a couple of other minor things. All in all it's a fun time if you're a fan of the series, though.

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-BS11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been play The Last Of Us Remastered, and it just sucks me in all over again.

Figured I'd post this here as well, the voice actors from TLOU perform scenes live onstage at The Last Of Us Live 

Annie Wersching is just as hot as Tess was in the game lol 

I have a Xbox one.

It is a piece of sh*t it is so laggy and takes forever to load the basic of things like friends lists.

I hope they bring out an update to improve the issue, the 360 ran so much smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Xbox one.

It is a piece of sh*t it is so laggy and takes forever to load the basic of things like friends lists.

I hope they bring out an update to improve the issue, the 360 ran so much smoother.

I agree, i have a ps4 and love it. Both my kids have xbox one , very leggy and glitchy. They both prefer their 360's

I have a Xbox one.

I agree, i have a ps4 and love it. Both my kids have xbox one , very leggy and glitchy. They both prefer their 360's

Been play The Last Of Us Remastered, and it just sucks me in all over again.

Figured I'd post this here as well, the voice actors from TLOU perform scenes live onstage at The Last Of Us Live

Annie Wersching is just as hot as Tess was in the game lol

I got remastered since it was on sale at the time . Haven't played it yet since my 2nd job to help cover my dam jets tix hours have been goofy. I know when I start I'll be sucked in also. I love that game.

I did have a PS4 but sold it as I started to think about Halo. A big factor was there was not a youtube app at the time ....then after I sold it they released one...just my luck !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here try Dying Light? 

Man, **** that game. The first mission where they send you out at night was bullsh*t.

Maybe its my old-ass eyes but I couldn't ******* see anything at night. Top it off with sh*tty weapons, getting chased by fast He-Zombies, and not knowing where I was going was just a turnoff. Glad I was able to try it out before buying it. 

I have a PS4 I bought around black Friday still sitting in the box unopened.  I've bought games for it including Alien Iso, Far Cry4, Wolfenstein, Shadow or Mordor, Evil Within but haven't opened those either. 

I've been trying to play through PS3 games I have before putting that system in my sons room.  Currently on LA Noire (I know it's old) which has been pretty fun.  Bought Assassins Creed 2 - Black Flag but stopped half way through 2..  kinda boring.

Still have XCom, Splinter Cell, AC Black Flag, and a couple others to play but getting antsy to try out the 4... 

Also read about this free "playable trailer" called PT which is supposed to be for the new Silent Hill coming out next year.  Apparently is was pretty cool stuff.  I like the horror game genre.  Anyone try it?

I have a PS4 I bought around black Friday still sitting in the box unopened.  I've bought games for it including Alien Iso, Far Cry4, Wolfenstein, Shadow or Mordor, Evil Within but haven't opened those either. 

I've been trying to play through PS3 games I have before putting that system in my sons room.  Currently on LA Noire (I know it's old) which has been pretty fun.  Bought Assassins Creed 2 - Black Flag but stopped half way through 2..  kinda boring.

Still have XCom, Splinter Cell, AC Black Flag, and a couple others to play but getting antsy to try out the 4... 

Also read about this free "playable trailer" called PT which is supposed to be for the new Silent Hill coming out next year.  Apparently is was pretty cool stuff.  I like the horror game genre.  Anyone try it?

You can't go wrong with any of those games you picked up, I'd say The Evil Within might be the weakest of the lot. I haven't played Alein:Isolation but I heard its excellent. I was expecting not to like Far Cry4 but I played the sh*t out of that game for like a month straight. 

I've heard people say it's just a re-skinned FC3, but its lot of fun. Wolfenstein is a straight up old school balls to the wall shooter, with a surprisingly good story behind it. I only played some of SOM but I'm looking to play that one again. 

You should do yourself a favor and sign up for PlayStation Plus if you haven't done so already. You'll get new games each month for both systems. 

I've played PT and I have the soiled underwear to prove it. I don't think there is a release date associated with Silent Hills yet, I would guess 2016 - that might be cast in doubt even more by Hideo Kojima leaving Konami. That franchise could really use a shot in the arm for next gen, let's hope Konami doesn't mess it up. 

You can't go wrong with any of those games you picked up, I'd say The Evil Within might be the weakest of the lot. I haven't played Alein:Isolation but I heard its excellent. I was expecting not to like Far Cry4 but I played the sh*t out of that game for like a month straight. 

I've heard people say it's just a re-skinned FC3, but its lot of fun. Wolfenstein is a straight up old school balls to the wall shooter, with a surprisingly good story behind it. I only played some of SOM but I'm looking to play that one again. 

You should do yourself a favor and sign up for PlayStation Plus if you haven't done so already. You'll get new games each month for both systems. 

I've played PT and I have the soiled underwear to prove it. I don't think there is a release date associated with Silent Hills yet, I would guess 2016 - that might be cast in doubt even more by Hideo Kojima leaving Konami. That franchise could really use a shot in the arm for next gen, let's hope Konami doesn't mess it up. 

So PT is as freaky as they say?  I'm an old man but like the horror genre..  not just the jump scares utilizing the surround sound but the ones that play on your psyche as well.  Dead Space series was pretty cool as was the first Silent Hill on PS2..  Fatal Frame was another one that was kinda creepy.

So PT is as freaky as they say?  I'm an old man but like the horror genre..  not just the jump scares utilizing the surround sound but the ones that play on your psyche as well.  Dead Space series was pretty cool as was the first Silent Hill on PS2..  Fatal Frame was another one that was kinda creepy.

I think it's right up your alley then. 

Here's the full walkthrough, no commentary. The sound & atmosphere work is tremendous. 

I've been wanting to jump into this franchise for a while, so I picked up the first Dead Space the other day. I've had fun with it; I'll probably check out the other two at some point. 

The main character's armor is kind of funny-looking, though; looks like some kind of steampunk bondage outfit. 

228px-Engineering_suit_DS3.jpg

I've been wanting to jump into this franchise for a while, so I picked up the first Dead Space the other day. I've had fun with it; I'll probably check out the other two at some point. 

The main character's armor is kind of funny-looking, though; looks like some kind of steampunk bondage outfit. 

228px-Engineering_suit_DS3.jpg

2 and 3 are great.  2nd has some intense moments.  Probably best series I've played since getting back into gaming a couple years ago.

I think it's right up your alley then. 

Here's the full walkthrough, no commentary. The sound & atmosphere work is tremendous. 

Yeah I've seen that walkthroughs are available but never got the point of watching them for games unless I'm stuck on something.  I figure why play if I've already seen it.

But I'll definitely download PT once I get around to hooking up the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the physical copy of "Resident Evil Revelations 2" a few days back. I've had quite a bit of fun with it, and it's good for couch co-op with a friend if you're into survival horror stuff or are a fan of the series.

Seems like it's kind of lacking on good outfits, unlockables and playable characters, though. I've been playing Raid Mode as Gina, whose bio basically just consists of her being "Gina from Accounting" in a company featured in the game. She appeared in the main campaign for all of fifteen seconds and immediately died, which is kind of a letdown since it's fun to shoot zombies in the face while wearing business casual attire.

tumblr_nk08bpHyc61slipmdo2_250.jpg

• Upvote 1

Finally got round to playing FFXIII. Looks lovely, but Jesus, the gameplay is piss-poor compared to what's gone before . And the characters? Hope must be the most irritating video game character of all time. it's like Square decided to base a character on Shinji from Evangelion, but make him even more pathetic and whiny.

Seriously hoping he meets an Aerith-style end (preferably skewered by the female Cloud analog) halfway through because I am sick listening to him.

Finally got round to playing FFXIII. Looks lovely, but Jesus, the gameplay is piss-poor compared to what's gone before . And the characters? Hope must be the most irritating video game character of all time. it's like Square decided to base a character on Shinji from Evangelion, but make him even more pathetic and whiny.

Seriously hoping he meets an Aerith-style end (preferably skewered by the female Cloud analog) halfway through because I am sick listening to him.

Yeah, FFXIII was pretty terrible. It gets better toward the middle of the game when it opens up a little and you can start doing a few side quests. Other than that it's very linear and not so good for a Final Fantasy game. I didn't really care for any of the characters much, either. Maybe Fang, Vanille and Sazh but that's about it.

That said, don't give up on the series just yet. "Final Fantasy XIII-2" is a vast improvement. It's much more open-ended and there's a lot more to do (there's even a Gold Saucer-inspired gaming area. It's not as fun as the actual Gold Saucer was, but it's the thought that counts I guess). There are only two playable characters but you can recruit monsters and chocobos to fight with you. I liked the battle system a little better in that one, too.

"Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns" falls somewhere in the middle between those two. Lots of quests and things to do but only one playable character throughout the whole thing so it's kind of meh in some ways. I did like experimenting with the outfits and weapon combinations. (And I really like dressing up my female video game characters in different clothes. I have issues.) I just finished that one up a couple of weeks ago and I had fun with it. I even posted an Achievement Guide for it on GameFAQs.

As far as Hope goes, he's at his worst in FFXIII. He appears grown up in the second one and actually comes off like a well-adjusted human being. He's all over "Lightning Returns" as well, and is constantly telling you where you need to go and what you need to do. It's more annoying than whiny but you'll still want to punch him in the face at times.

In short, hang in there. It gets better.

• Upvote 1

just finished last of us on PS4 ... best game I've ever played ... also finished Dragon Age inquisition .... meh. preorder Witcher ... and will do the obligatory waste of money on Madden.

Whenever I boot us TLOU, I always sit at the title screen for a few minutes, because it's just so haunting to me. Still gives me chills to this day, multiple playthroughs later.