Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Last of Us is terrific.

Yeah it really is, I'm not usually into the survival horror genre, but the reviews on this were so good I had to try it. I'm about 1/3-1/2 of the way through and it definitely lives up to the hype. Great game, can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds

Yeah it really is, I'm not usually into the survival horror genre, but the reviews on this were so good I had to try it. I'm about 1/3-1/2 of the way through and it definitely lives up to the hype. Great game, can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds

The human enemies are more dangerous that the clickers. Be sure to keep us updated on your 'holy sh*t' type moments - what part are you at now?

The into always gets me, like a kick to the solar plexus. 

I've played through it a couple of times, but since I suck at video games in general I did it on easy

Just started The Witcher 3 the other day, but I've barely scratched the surface with it. Will take some getting used to with the combat/inventory etc but I'm sure I'll be logging hundreds of hours into this sucker.

ESO is going to be hurt big time with this release, since it comes out next month. It's definitely on my radar now that it's free to play. 

The human enemies are more dangerous that the clickers. Be sure to keep us updated on your 'holy sh*t' type moments - what part are you at now?

The into always gets me, like a kick to the solar plexus. 

I've played through it a couple of times, but since I suck at video games in general I did it on easy

Yeah, I've figured that out. just got through the section with the sniper which took longer then I'd care to admit but was awesome, and then zomg the cut scene right after

I am average at video games these days, had a terrible time with Dark Souls (but couldn't put it down, the combat mechanics were just so smooth) and just found out BloodBourne is made by the same company so I'm hesitant to even start it.. lol

Just started The Witcher 3 the other day, but I've barely scratched the surface with it. Will take some getting used to with the combat/inventory etc but I'm sure I'll be logging hundreds of hours into this sucker.

ESO is going to be hurt big time with this release, since it comes out next month. It's definitely on my radar now that it's free to play. 

ESO is new or is it the same one on PC that got average reviews? I haven't played MMORPG in so long, people with more time just get so much more powered up

Last of Us is fantastic.  Not many games that I feel I have to play every day until finished but that was one of them.  I read a movie version is in the works with rumors of the girl that plays Arya Stark in GOT as the lead.

Last of Us is fantastic.  Not many games that I feel I have to play every day until finished but that was one of them.  I read a movie version is in the works with rumors of the girl that plays Arya Stark in GOT as the lead.

Yea, the last game I devoted this much time to was Skyrim. ABout 75% done, just finished taking out the pedo

ESO is new or is it the same one on PC that got average reviews? I haven't played MMORPG in so long, people with more time just get so much more powered up

They have had a lot of time to polish it and fix it up, Im hearing good things. Will wait to see the PS4 review on it myself.

Just got The Witcher 3 and it is the sh*t, I can see hundreds of hours in it for me, The world is insanely huge, i think the map is 2.5 times larger than Skyrim. 

Yea, the last game I devoted this much time to was Skyrim. ABout 75% done, just finished taking out the pedo

Ugh, I ******* hated that part. The sniper section was awesome, even though I suck at sniping. Those feels at the end of that chapter. 

Naughty Dog is fully involved so I would expect they'd do it justice. Maisie WIlliams is the only rumored cast member, though I think she'll be great in it. 

Finished Last of us and Left Behind, great, great game. Truly a must play. Probably top 5 out of the last 2 gens for me, the only games that I can say for sure that I liked better were Skyrim and Oblivion, it's right in the second tier for me with Dark Souls, Halos, Gears of War and a couple GTA's.

Wasn't a big fan of The Left Behind, too much story too little action. I guess it's cool to get her back story, and the last battle in the mall is pretty good but tons of cut scenes

Finished Last of us and Left Behind, great, great game. Truly a must play. Probably top 5 out of the last 2 gens for me, the only games that I can say for sure that I liked better were Skyrim and Oblivion, it's right in the second tier for me with Dark Souls, Halos, Gears of War and a couple GTA's.

Wasn't a big fan of The Left Behind, too much story too little action. I guess it's cool to get her back story, and the last battle in the mall is pretty good but tons of cut scenes

Excellent, I really wish they had another DLC for TLOU but it was cool to see the backstory behind Ellie. 

There is another TLOU in the works but I believe it's going to focus on a new set of characters. Can only imagine what it's going to look like on the current systems.

Right now I'd been playing The Witcher 3 and it's awesome, it really is. It's still overwhelming for me a bit trying to manage inventory, crafting, alchemy etc but I'm sure that will come with time. 

Definitely living up to my expectations so far. 

Excellent, I really wish they had another DLC for TLOU but it was cool to see the backstory behind Ellie.

There is another TLOU in the works but I believe it's going to focus on a new set of characters. Can only imagine what it's going to look like on the current systems.

Right now I'd been playing The Witcher 3 and it's awesome, it really is. It's still overwhelming for me a bit trying to manage inventory, crafting, alchemy etc but I'm sure that will come with time.

Definitely living up to my expectations so far.

heh.. I decided to hold on witcher a bit, just spent a lot of time on TLOU and figured a little breather would be good. So I pop in Shadow of Mordor last night at 9, next thing I know it's like 2 am. While not to the level of TLOU, it's a heck of a lot of fun to play. Basically assasins creed set in hobbit universe

heh.. I decided to hold on witcher a bit, just spent a lot of time on TLOU and figured a little breather would be good. So I pop in Shadow of Mordor last night at 9, next thing I know it's like 2 am. While not to the level of TLOU, it's a heck of a lot of fun to play. Basically assasins creed set in hobbit universe

I played it a bit (borrowed it from my library) and it was a lot of fun, really like it but I was in the midst of Far Cry4 at the time, this is definitely on my radar to play again for sure. 

New Mad Max 'Savage Road' trailer, this drops in Sept later this year; really looking forward to this.

Feels like Rage+Twisted Metal+Fallout New Vegas rolled into one.

Still playing a ton of shadows of morder, really fun / well made game especially when you get powerful enough to shred 100's of Orc's at a time

A game I haven't really seen mentioned here, that I play with my kids is Raymens Legend... I don't play the genre much anymore but it's the best platformer I've played in a long time.. Reminds me of playing Super Mario as a kid.. Definitely recommend

Witcher 3 is good, but it's a pain in the ass if/when you encounter an enemy that outclasses you, as when you advance to the other map after meeting up with your boo. Literally everything in that world kills you quickly.

I just left White Orchard after killing the griffin, but I'm probably going to go back and finish the side quests to level up more. I still need to kill at thing at the well but I couldn't find it, but maybe it only appears at certain times.

Finished Shadows of Mordor.. Just a fun game to play, not nearly as impressive or deep as TLOU, but in many ways more fun to play. Simple, but good. Would recommend to anyone who hasn't played it yet

Taking a break now, other then some Raymens here and there. Been logging a lot of hours since I got the PS4 :)

Finished Shadows of Mordor.. Just a fun game to play, not nearly as impressive or deep as TLOU, but in many ways more fun to play. Simple, but good. Would recommend to anyone who hasn't played it yet

Taking a break now, other then some Raymens here and there. Been logging a lot of hours since I got the PS4 :)

TLOU is just....intense is the best word I can come up with...I can't even imagine playing it on the harder difficulties. I found myself relieved just getting through each chapter.

**** the hotel basement lol 

TLOU is just....intense is the best word I can come up with...I can't even imagine playing it on the harder difficulties. I found myself relieved just getting through each chapter.

**** the hotel basement lol 

It requires  thinking and planning, plus all the looking around for loot and making sure you hit every room (which can get tedious). It's a deeper level of play then shadows of mordor which gets to the point of just being able to walk into a stronghold and slay 100's of Orc's, which is fun as hell but as deep as an ashtray

It requires  thinking and planning, plus all the looking around for loot and making sure you hit every room (which can get tedious). It's a deeper level of play then shadows of mordor which gets to the point of just being able to walk into a stronghold and slay 100's of Orc's, which is fun as hell but as deep as an ashtray

The thing I found most unusual about Shadows of Mordor was the fact the difficulty of the game starts hard as hell but never progresses as you improve your skills.  You can be in the same Orc slaying 100 enemy battle in the first battle as you can in the last, only difference is with the skills you gain it becomes very easy at the end.  I almost ditched the game when I could barely get out of a spawn tower without being horded by Orcs everywhere until my friend said just keep playing and build up skill. 

The thing I found most unusual about Shadows of Mordor was the fact the difficulty of the game starts hard as hell but never progresses as you improve your skills.  You can be in the same Orc slaying 100 enemy battle in the first battle as you can in the last, only difference is with the skills you gain it becomes very easy at the end.  I almost ditched the game when I could barely get out of a spawn tower without being horded by Orcs everywhere until my friend said just keep playing and build up skill. 

100%, in the beginning you have to use sneak much more cleverly, similar to TLOU. By the end you can just thrash through them. I actually restarted after about 2 hrs cause I died so many times and kept seeing all those captains powering up I thought I facked myself.

It's an interesting discussion actually, in Skyrim and a lot of other RPG's the world levels up with you, making the difficulty level relatively stable (except for stealth arrows in Skyrim ;) ), which is cool but you don't get that sense of satisfaction from progression. One of the things I liked about Shadows of Mordor was exactly what you described, the guys I could barely kill in the first few hours were destroyed later in massive numbers. It's been awhile, but I believe Assassins Creed works like this as well but the powerups aren't quite as powerful

btw.. I have the Game of the Year addition which includes the DLC, I'm playing the Lord of the Hunt one now and it's tougher. I notice you lose your runes, which I had a great one which gave +!0 health for a combat execution.

100%, in the beginning you have to use sneak much more cleverly, similar to TLOU. By the end you can just thrash through them. I actually restarted after about 2 hrs cause I died so many times and kept seeing all those captains powering up I thought I facked myself.

It's an interesting discussion actually, in Skyrim and a lot of other RPG's the world levels up with you, making the difficulty level relatively stable (except for stealth arrows in Skyrim ;) ), which is cool but you don't get that sense of satisfaction from progression. One of the things I liked about Shadows of Mordor was exactly what you described, the guys I could barely kill in the first few hours were destroyed later in massive numbers. It's been awhile, but I believe Assassins Creed works like this as well but the powerups aren't quite as powerful

btw.. I have the Game of the Year addition which includes the DLC, I'm playing the Lord of the Hunt one now and it's tougher. I notice you lose your runes, which I had a great one which gave +!0 health for a combat execution.

I agree, I found I actually did alot of the side missions in the end because they were so damn easy by that point. 

Bethesda just posted this via Twitter

Edit: Bethesda's home page currently has a timer on it, which ends at 10am tomorrow.

Their E3 conference is scheduled for June 14th....this absolutely has to mean Fallout 4. 

CGgJ0DHUgAAQJPD.jpg

All aboard the Hype Train!

vOVwq5o.jpg

• Upvote 1

Edit: Bethesda's home page currently has a timer on it, which ends at 10am tomorrow.

Their E3 conference is scheduled for June 14th....this absolutely has to mean Fallout 4. 

All aboard the Hype Train!

I was just talking to my nephew this past weekend about how a concrete Fallout 4 announcement was long overdue. Hope that's what it is. Those games are a blast. All this speculation has got me wanting to play the series again. Maybe I'll revisit New Vegas this week and clean up some random achievements. 

0e7a4d1c8fda1e0f2be54ec94da4a03b.jpg

• Upvote 1

I was just talking to my nephew this past weekend about how a concrete Fallout 4 announcement was long overdue. Hope that's what it is. Those games are a blast. All this speculation has got me wanting to play the series again. Maybe I'll revisit New Vegas this week and clean up some random achievements. 

This hype is definitely legit..

Here's to hoping they release some kind of teaser on their site tomorrow, then hopefully gameplay footage or expanded trailer at E3. 

I knew something was coming on 6/14 but wasn't expecting to see anything beforehand. Cannot wait.

I haven't played FNV enough times to get all of the endings, especially since it ran like sh*t on my PS3 where it freeze up because of memory issues after playing it for awhile. Kind of sucks because I LOVE both F03 & FNV, but I'm not motivated enough to play them on PC...oh well. 

After multiple playthroughs on both my body is ready for another Fallout...maybe I'll be even to finish the Wticher 3 by then.

I've never played Fallout because it looks too much like Call of Duty. Am I stupid?

A pretty accurate way I've heard people describe the Fallout games is "Skyrim with guns and radiation." Lots of looting and exploration involved; I'd say it's definitely worth checking out since you can get both of the latest games in that series pretty cheap now. I'm not a big fan of Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc. and I enjoyed the Fallout games. 

I've never played Fallout because it looks too much like Call of Duty. Am I stupid?

No and yes. :P

I never played the old school 1 & 2 ones, not a fan of isometic turn-based RPGs.

But if you like open world adventure based RPGs, then you owe it to yourself to pickup the Fallout3 GOTY edition, which can be had on the cheap these days. 

Also, with all this talk about Witcher 3 I'm getting tempted to get into that franchise. Is Witcher 2 any good? I think I'll start there. 

I'd never played 1 or 2, I've heard a lot of negative things regarding clunky combat and confusing quest lines etc, but there are a lot of people that love them both. 

There are books out there (which the game is based on) I've thought about reading, but the various wikis can boil down the story enough for me to figure out what's going on in this one. 

I'm still early on in this game (Level6) so Im still figuring stuff out, but goddamn the world is just insanely huge, just massive.

The combat is especially fun when you slice an enemy in half diagonally. 

If this clip doesn't convince you, nothing will.

I think this is fanmade, but it contains clips of the original Fallout 3 trailer plus clips from all of the DLC components: Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Mothership Zeta, Broken Steel, Point Lookout.