Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Sounds like we're in the same boat.  

I bought the PS3 with the exact same intent and then they did this thingy with Batman and I have to upgrade.  So stupid. 

Honestly, the thing that annoys me most, is that I'm going to have to go into a Game Stop or something, with my console and my games to trade in for a new PS4.  At 36 years old, I'm a little embarrassed by this.  So much so, that I'll probably do something stupid and waste a ton of money and order a PS4 online to ship to my house and then try to sell my PS3 and all the games online too....all so I dont have to do go into the store with all my sh*t, like a 12 year old kid.  haha

gay..

who gives a sh*t what the geeks in gamespot think? 

Nope. No backward compatibility.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically at the end of their respective lifespans so you you'll see fewer and fewer titles coming for them. It's pretty much PS4/XBOne from here on out. 

Actually, you're right around the average age for gamers, so don't feel weird about it. You might do a little shopping around online to see what the PS3s are going for, then check GameStop to see what they'll offer for your stuff. I'm not sure which path would offer more bang for your buck if you're looking to upgrade but it's probably worth looking into. 

You could run over my dog and I'd still love you.

I bought the PS3 with the exact same intent and then they did this thingy with Batman and I have to upgrade.  So stupid. 

Honestly, the thing that annoys me most, is that I'm going to have to go into a Game Stop or something, with my console and my games to trade in for a new PS4.  At 36 years old, I'm a little embarrassed by this.  So much so, that I'll probably do something stupid and waste a ton of money and order a PS4 online to ship to my house and then try to sell my PS3 and all the games online too....all so I dont have to do go into the store with all my sh*t, like a 12 year old kid.  haha

Nope. No backward compatibility.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically at the end of their respective lifespans so you you'll see fewer and fewer titles coming for them. It's pretty much PS4/XBOne from here on out. 

Actually, you're right around the average age for gamers, so don't feel weird about it. You might do a little shopping around online to see what the PS3s are going for, then check GameStop to see what they'll offer for your stuff. I'm not sure which path would offer more bang for your buck if you're looking to upgrade but it's probably worth looking into. 

Bombdirt nails it. but they have squeezed a lot of life out of these older consoles. Considering that the PS3 came out almost 10 years ago (2006), I'm surprised they are still making games for them. 

If you like the PS3 controller I think you'll love the PS4 controller, feels so much more comfortable. Only downside is battery life, so I'd advise getting two so you can use one and charge the other. 

Seriously, don't be. I'm over 45 and I don't give a sh*t, and I see plenty of other people in there around the same age. At 36 you're probably right in the core demo/wheelhouse for gamers. 

sh*t I got started with freakin Asteroids and Space Invaders at the local bowling alley and haven't stopped since. 

There is so much more news and info that has dropped during E3 I haven't even gotten a chance to post it all. 

Trust me no one gives a sh-t..  I'm a freakin gamestop power up rewards member.  The discount on the games and the magazine subscription make the $15 well worth it.  I only go to the store once every few months but the people who work there never bat an eye when I ask them question after question. 

In fact I went last week and the chick working was kinda hot but a total dork..  she gave me a 20 minute rundown on a handful of games and knew more about the games than anyone in this thread.  I wanted to ask for her #.

And you're right at the median age for gamers as a couple have said.  Google it.

• Upvote 1

Trust me no one gives a sh-t..  I'm a freakin gamestop power up rewards member.  The discount on the games and the magazine subscription make the $15 well worth it.  I only go to the store once every few months but the people who work there never bat an eye when I ask them question after question. 

In fact I went last week and the chick working was kinda hot but a total dork..  she gave me a 20 minute rundown on a handful of games and knew more about the games than anyone in this thread.  I wanted to ask for her #.

And you're right at the median age for gamers as a couple have said.  Google it.

LOL

Yeah there was a girl working at one of the Gamestops near me that was pretty average looking.

I was just looking around, not that I needed any more games to play or anything.

Once we got to talking about games I became insanely attracted to her. 

Link to the concept art album they showed at E3 for Fallout4; most likely they did this as a homage to the late Adam Adamowicz, who died in 2012 of cancer. He was lead artist for Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

It looks like a lot of his work made it into the game, since they started FO4 in 2009.

http://imgur.com/a/2NmeB?gallery

Here's a link to his Fallout 3 concept art, I love this stuff. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629320774861/

And here is his Skyrim album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629321466509/

Were you not here for the Great Ecurb Crusade Against All Things Non-Sony back in the day?

Put the fear of God into just about everybody about how Xbox would make their lives a living hell.

Hahaha I forgot about that and ecurb!

Seems like everyone in here are PS fans.

Were you not here for the Great Ecurb Crusade Against All Things Non-Sony back in the day?

Put the fear of God into just about everybody about how Xbox would make their lives a living hell.

It's the only system I ever had, so Im geared to posting things about it.

People are more than welcome to post PC or XB stuff though, just no one else ever seems to.  :character0053:

I grew up on PlayStation consoles (PSX, PS2), then got an Xbox 360 as a gift, so I guess I've jumped the proverbial fence. I have too much GamerScore invested to turn back now, but I don't have anything against PlayStation stuff. I'd have both systems if I could afford it. 

I had a PS 2

Then a PS 3

Now a PS 4

I'm just familiar with it.

Same here, I have a Vita in the house as well. 

I grew up on PlayStation consoles (PSX, PS2), then got an Xbox 360 as a gift, so I guess I've jumped the proverbial fence. I have too much GamerScore invested to turn back now, but I don't have anything against PlayStation stuff. I'd have both systems if I could afford it. 

Yeah, I dont feel like starting my trophy levels all over again (currently doing the slow crawl towards 14), plus there hasnt been an XB exclusive  I wanted enough to buy one. If Fallout4 was an XB exclusive, I would buy one lol. 

We had the Mega Drive (Genesis), and waited a while when the next generation came out (PS1 / Saturn / N64), to see which would have the better games. When the original Formula 1 game came out for the PS, that was the clincher.

The backwards compatibility of the PS2 for the next generation made that one a no-brainer.

Only reason I got a PS3 was as a Christmas gift - probably would have gotten it in the end - just heard too much horror stories about Xbox reliability. And not just from Ecurb - most people I know round here are Xbox owners.

Yeah, FFXIII was pretty terrible. It gets better toward the middle of the game when it opens up a little and you can start doing a few side quests. Other than that it's very linear and not so good for a Final Fantasy game. I didn't really care for any of the characters much, either. Maybe Fang, Vanille and Sazh but that's about it.

That said, don't give up on the series just yet. "Final Fantasy XIII-2" is a vast improvement. It's much more open-ended and there's a lot more to do (there's even a Gold Saucer-inspired gaming area. It's not as fun as the actual Gold Saucer was, but it's the thought that counts I guess). There are only two playable characters but you can recruit monsters and chocobos to fight with you. I liked the battle system a little better in that one, too.

You were right. I picked up FFXIII-2 for a tenner in a sale last month, just finished it. Big improvement, though not impressed with the Gold Saucer knock off- especially having to pay extra just to get the card place unlocked.

not a knock, but does the gamification stuff really matter to older guys? I don't pay attention to it all, figured it was aimed at younger generation and basement dwelling shut in's like T0mGayne who have nothing else going for them in life

not a knock, but does the gamification stuff really matter to older guys? I don't pay attention to it all, figured it was aimed at younger generation and basement dwelling shut in's like T0mGayne who have nothing else going for them in life

For me it's just an extra set of tangible goals to go after as I'm playing--it helps me get a little more mileage out of my games, I guess. There are some dudes who get super competitive with it, and I'll never be able to touch their scores, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well considering I don't play any online co-op. 

I have over 90,000 posts on this site so I obviously have a lot going on

• Upvote 1

For me it's just an extra set of tangible goals to go after as I'm playing--it helps me get a little more mileage out of my games, I guess. There are some dudes who get super competitive with it, and I'll never be able to touch their scores, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well considering I don't play any online co-op. 

Interesting, that's why I think I wrote it off.. Some people have crazy time for this and I feel like it'd be impossible to be anywhere near the leader board so why bother. Playing ESO now, and I think it was day 3 and some dude was at level 25, it's now 2 weeks later  and I'm still level 12

Interesting, that's why I think I wrote it off.. Some people have crazy time for this and I feel like it'd be impossible to be anywhere near the leader board so why bother. Playing ESO now, and I think it was day 3 and some dude was at level 25, it's now 2 weeks later  and I'm still level 12

Those are the people that dont have jobs or kids. Or if they are in school I'm sure they having failing grades, and pissed off parents. 

If I ever pick this title up, by the time I do everyone else will be at a Level 1000 lol. 

I'm guessing you've been doing all of this via single player? 

I can't imagine the production meetings it took to create The Witcher. There are about 5000 different missions and each one has its own little story attached. The amount of work that went into it is absurd.

It really is amazing, the voice acting that went into this game is great, these arent wooden NPCs with boring stale deliveries.

I've at Level 14 and right now I'm just obsessed with discovering each new location, and leveling up doing as many quests as I can.

Unfortunately I'd roll into many an area where the enemies are at a much higher level and I end up getting bitchslapped.

My only major gripe is the inventory management, carry weight of 90 is annoying as sh*t, although I've just read that you can win saddlebags from horse races that will increase it to 160. 

Those are the people that dont have jobs or kids. Or if they are in school I'm sure they having failing grades, and pissed off parents. 

If I ever pick this title up, by the time I do everyone else will be at a Level 1000 lol. 

I'm guessing you've been doing all of this via single player? 

Most of it solo campaigns, which leaves you a bit at a disadvantage sometimes. I ended up in a group 1 time, basically people can just come up to you in game and ask you to group quest. So I tried it for a couple hours, was pretty cool but I don't know how any of it works yet, I still owe you a friend request but I don't know how to do it and have been using my limited time to play on the game. Actually haven't touched it since Friday though, I'm sure people have capped their levels by now, it caps at 50, but then there is some veteran level system that I don't know what that means

Most of it solo campaigns, which leaves you a bit at a disadvantage sometimes. I ended up in a group 1 time, basically people can just come up to you in game and ask you to group quest. So I tried it for a couple hours, was pretty cool but I don't know how any of it works yet, I still owe you a friend request but I don't know how to do it and have been using my limited time to play on the game. Actually haven't touched it since Friday though, I'm sure people have capped their levels by now, it caps at 50, but then there is some veteran level system that I don't know what that means

I really want to pick this up, but I know I wont have time to fit it in between  TheWitcher3 and when Fallout 4 comes out.

When Fallout4 drops, I can't see myself playing anything for a long time. Even though I'd been waiting on The Division and No Man's Sky, F4 will take precedence over everything. 

I really want to pick this up, but I know I wont have time to fit it in between TheWitcher3 and when Fallout 4 comes out.

When Fallout4 drops, I can't see myself playing anything for a long time. Even though I'd been waiting on The Division and No Man's Sky, F4 will take precedence over everything.

it's pretty big., I forgot to mention I bought eso plus which is a 15% bonus to xp and gold, and still only level 12 :)