Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Started Batman the other day.  The batmobile is prety sick thus far.  Graphics are great and gaeplay so far seems pretty cool.  I'm only just starting so not much more to add yet. 

Have you had any issues with glitches or anything in it yet? I read something this morning that said they were pulling the PC version from stores because it was buggy as hell. Sounded like it was a compatibility issue with graphics cards so the console versions are probably okay. 

Have you had any issues with glitches or anything in it yet? I read something this morning that said they were pulling the PC version from stores because it was buggy as hell. Sounded like it was a compatibility issue with graphics cards so the console versions are probably okay. 

Have not noticed even one glitch yet, though again I'me barely into the game.  It's really impressive, one thing I noticed is you can go in and out of buildings without that "load" scene. The world is seemless going poin to point.  There was a cutscene at one point where you are flown in a new, better batsuit on scene in a mission.  There's a point where it cuts to black and then back where you're in your new batsuit.  The new batsuit is great, but in reality you're about 100 feet away from the "bad guys" in the mission, and are assumed to have completely disrobed from your current suit into the new one flown in.  I felt like that was a little cheesy.  But no, no glitches as of yet. 

Anyone buy The Last of Us DLC, "Left Behind"?

it came with mine, I didn't lovev it. Heavy on story and cut scenes, a few good sequences though. I think Fish really likes it if memory serves

Yeah, I've played it - was really good - gives some good background behind Ellie,. and there are some really good action scenes. Meshes well with the current game. I played it with the PS4 remasteed edition. If you like TLOU you'll like it for sure.

OK, I have to revisit your question now that I've played a little further into it.  Twice now an enemy got stuck in a wall.  It was actually pretty funny because the dude was flapping and flailing like crazy, but both timeshe was stuck for no reason, allowing me to easily walk up and just punch him in the face. 

OK, I have to revisit your question now that I've played a little further into it.  Twice now an enemy got stuck in a wall.  It was actually pretty funny because the dude was flapping and flailing like crazy, but both timeshe was stuck for no reason, allowing me to easily walk up and just punch him in the face. 

I don't mind small glitches in games as long as they help me (invincibility, enemy blind spots, etc.) but if I fall into an invisible hole or get shot through a wall I'm immediately going into rage mode. Haha

OK, I have to revisit your question now that I've played a little further into it. Twice now an enemy got stuck in a wall. It was actually pretty funny because the dude was flapping and flailing like crazy, but both timeshe was stuck for no reason, allowing me to easily walk up and just punch him in the face. I don't mind small glitches in games as long as they help me (invincibility, enemy blind spots, etc.) but if I fall into an invisible hole or get shot through a wall I'm immediately going into rage mode. Haha

So far none of that.  Farcry4 was notorious for me, not so much falling through the world but tons of places you just get stuck and can't move. 

It's raining balls here so I picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dead Space 2 for the weekend. I'm not planning on seeing the sun until Monday. 

I don't mind small glitches in games as long as they help me (invincibility, enemy blind spots, etc.) but if I fall into an invisible hole or get shot through a wall I'm immediately going into rage mode. Haha

So far none of that.  Farcry4 was notorious for me, not so much falling through the world but tons of places you just get stuck and can't move. 

If you want some lols, be sure to check out 

http://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics/top/

Still playing The Witcher 3 and I'm only at Level 16...been busy ******* around with a lot of side quests and I'm extremely anal about finding all of the undiscovered locations on the map, so I haven't been rushing through the main storyline as of yet. Still haven't left Velen yet, I heard Skellige is even larger. 

My favorite part of the game is being able to slice people and creatures in half...fun times. Although I wish you were able to slaughter NPCs like in Skyrim. Oh well.  

Still playing The Witcher 3 and I'm only at Level 16...been busy ******* around with a lot of side quests and I'm extremely anal about finding all of the undiscovered locations on the map, so I haven't been rushing through the main storyline as of yet. Still haven't left Velen yet, I heard Skellige is even larger.

My favorite part of the game is being able to slice people and creatures in half...fun times. Although I wish you were able to slaughter NPCs like in Skyrim. Oh well.

Stay out of Skellige until you get to 19-20. At that point, you're not only cutting dudes in half, the top half goes flying into the woods like you hit them with a sand wedge.

Stay out of Skellige until you get to 19-20. At that point, you're not only cutting dudes in half, the top half goes flying into the woods like you hit them with a sand wedge.

The diagonal body slice is my favorite lol 

Yeah, I still have lots to do in Velen and might go back to White Orchard to see what I've missed.

I really wish you had a house to store all of your items or something...although Ive found out by winning horse races you can upgrade your saddlebags so you can carry more gear, which helps,

batman disrobing? this will be Jif's favorite game eva

Remember I said "assumed" to have disrobed, therefore no image of the Batpeen at all.  Much to Jif's disappointment I suppose. 

Haha

Finally upgraded to the PS4 so I could get the game yesterday.  I got to that scene, no naked Batman.  Total bummer.

That said, the game is bad ass.  Graphics are unreal.  It's more movie like than the first games.  A little slow out the gates than the other installments.  More building of the character and side jobs type of stuff as opposed to getting directly into story line and kicking ass.  I've put in a few hours and still havent seen a boss.  The Batmobile is bad ass.  The intro to it might be the coolest thing I've ever seen in a video game.  The only knock I have is you're mowing down people left and right which isnt very Batman like...but it makes the game rad.  Has a little bit of a GTO feel to it now with the Batmobile but you still have all the rappel stuff too.  

Cant wait to get out of work and put a solid couple of hours into it.  

Haha

Finally upgraded to the PS4 so I could get the game yesterday.  I got to that scene, no naked Batman.  Total bummer.

That said, the game is bad ass.  Graphics are unreal.  It's more movie like than the first games.  A little slow out the gates than the other installments.  More building of the character and side jobs type of stuff as opposed to getting directly into story line and kicking ass.  I've put in a few hours and still havent seen a boss.  The Batmobile is bad ass.  The intro to it might be the coolest thing I've ever seen in a video game.  The only knock I have is you're mowing down people left and right which isnt very Batman like...but it makes the game rad.  Has a little bit of a GTO feel to it now with the Batmobile but you still have all the rappel stuff too.  

What's also interesting is you can shoot those people with the bat cannon (no homo) but it only knocks them unconscious, yet it blows up other tanks.  And don't the people in the blown up tanks die? 

What's also interesting is you can shoot those people with the bat cannon (no homo) but it only knocks them unconscious, yet it blows up other tanks.  And don't the people in the blown up tanks die? 

Yes, if you shoot with the cannon or gun and if you run them over, they get like an electro-jolt or something and just fall unconscious.  What happens in the tanks?  Who knows...maybe they are remote controlled or the people dont die. haha.  But yeah, that type of explosion and blowing people up doesnt jive with true Batman fashion.  I mean, I dont care because its awesome but I'm sure if I looked, some Batman fanboy's are up in arms about it. 

If you're a fan of the Batman series, you won't be disappointed in the Arkham Knight

I've tried them and found them enjoyable, but I just haven't been able to get into them, the only one I played at length was Arkham City. My backlog is getting ridiculous lol. 

So the tanks are drones.  Not sure what happens to the cars you destroy by running them over though.  haha

If you're a fan of the Batman series, you won't be disappointed in the Arkham Knight

I've loved all the games, this one is by far the best IMO.  The scenes are incredible, the way they've incorporated Joker is unique and clever.  His dialogue throughout the game is phenomenal. I've literally had like 3 moments we're I've jumped because something in the scene completely caught me off guard.  Finally got into some of the combat scenes, which is much better than the past few games.  So many more moves and ways to fight.  The tandem fighting with some of his allies is great.  The Batmobile vs. drones is great.  Loving the game so far and I'm not even but like 15% through the story line. 

Haha

Hey JiF, any idea why when I try to do a side mission,for example The Riddler, it says to wait for the game data to be installed? I've had the game a few days now and the only part of the story mode I can do is the Scarecrow. 

I saw a pretty cool story this weekend about a dude who found an old Nintendo PlayStation prototype in his dad's stuff. This was from back when Nintendo and Sony were supposed to be working together on a CD system. Nintendo bailed out and Sony went at it alone out of spite, which is what led to the PlayStation as we know it. 

finding-nintendo-treasure-in-your-baseme

Sure enough as I'm deploying the neutralizing agent and The Joker appears it says installing game data, now I have nothing to do. Not sure why this is happening. 

I think I read somewhere that some people were having the same problem. If I remember right, they had to shut the game down and keep the PS4 on then wait for the data to install before they could do anything. 

EDIT: Here, check this thread out. Might help. 

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/768083-batman-arkham-knight/72048263

Hey JiF, any idea why when I try to do a side mission,for example The Riddler, it says to wait for the game data to be installed? I've had the game a few days now and the only part of the story mode I can do is the Scarecrow.

No clue. Haven't experienced any of that.

I think I read somewhere that some people were having the same problem. If I remember right, they had to shut the game down and keep the PS4 on then wait for the data to install before they could do anything.

EDIT: Here, check this thread out. Might help.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/768083-batman-arkham-knight/72048263

Thanks a lot man. I was so frustrated before that I just shut it off for the night. Tomorrow after work I'll try again. I get that it's a huge game data wise but I don't think that should happen so often.

Whomever is playing the Witcher 3, huge and much needed update is coming - mainly regarding inventory management, and finally having storage chests. 

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms!?p=1821779&viewfull=1

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

Whomever is playing the Witcher 3, huge and much needed update is coming - mainly regarding inventory management, and finally having storage chests. 

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms!?p=1821779&viewfull=1

This is good news. It's definitely a drag trying to find merchants with enough loot to buy your sh*t every five minutes just so you can get down to the weight limit.

This is good news. It's definitely a drag trying to find merchants with enough loot to buy your sh*t every five minutes just so you can get down to the weight limit.

Thought you might like to hear that.

Although I found if you complete horse races you can win saddlebags that increase your weight limit - I went from 90 up to 130, and I thought I read there was another one that will increase it to 160.

Edit: You can purchase one from this guy

But being able to stash items might eliminate the need somewhat.

Love the fact that the developer is listening to what gamers are asking for and putting in these fixes.