Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Haha.  How much game is left?

When I got back into gaming, I bought Madden to play a couple of my boys who were talking sh*t...who I smack around with ease in the game. But I also bought God of War and was completely roped back into gaming.  I played everyone of those series and then started asking the people at GameStop to show me similar games...which all ended up being SuperHero type games which is awesome because I love SuperHero's.  The Last of Us is similar IMO.

Well if you've literally just met up with your brother, you're still in 'Fall' - without giving anything away I think have some things to do in this area, then afterwards you travel to Colorado to look for the FireFlies  - after that it concludes that segment of the game.

Then comes Winter which is great - there are some tough spots but even better storylines and experiences you'll have.

Afterwards is Spring, which might be the shortest (relatively speaking) segment. 

Well if you've literally just met up with your brother, you're still in 'Fall' - without giving anything away I think have some things to do in this area, then afterwards you travel to Colorado to look for the FireFlies  - after that it concludes that segment of the game.

Then comes Winter which is great - there are some tough spots but even better storylines and experiences you'll have.

Afterwards is Spring, which might be the shortest (relatively speaking) segment. 

Cool.  Felt like it was coming to a close.  Glad to know there is plenty more.

Cool.  Felt like it was coming to a close.  Glad to know there is plenty more.

No, definitely not - there are definitely a few 'holy sh*t' and 'wtf' moments in store, if my memory serves.

I played through it again a few months ago; does yours have the 'Left Behind' DLC included? Definitely do that last.

Its short, and it's more story driven, but if you love TLOU its a must play. 

witcher update is out and it is glorious.

Holy sh*t I totally agree.

Having the inventory items being sorted, and now having item stashes are HUGE.

Now I don't have to worry about all of that cumbersome item management, now I can carry a sh*tload of stuff, and just store the other stuff I'm not sure if I will need down the road.

Huge update, glad to see the devs listening for what the players want. 

No, definitely not - there are definitely a few 'holy sh*t' and 'wtf' moments in store, if my memory serves.

I played through it again a few months ago; does yours have the 'Left Behind' DLC included? Definitely do that last.

Its short, and it's more story driven, but if you love TLOU its a must play. 

Finished the TLOU.  It was awesome.  But I need some help because I got distracted by my chick walking in during the scene where Joel is driving Ellie back from the Fireflies.  What did he tell her happened?  And at the end when she asked, are you telling me the truth, was he lying?  

******* awesome game though.  Bad ass.  That final scene having to get her from the surgery room. EPIC!!!!!  It was perfect timing too.  I didnt even realize I had like 400 in those pills that make your character stronger. lol  I increased max health and his hearing for that scene and dominated after getting my ass kicked a few times.  haha  

Finished the TLOU.  It was awesome.  But I need some help because I got distracted by my chick walking in during the scene where Joel is driving Ellie back from the Fireflies.  What did he tell her happened?  And at the end when she asked, are you telling me the truth, was he lying?  

******* awesome game though.  Bad ass.  That final scene having to get her from the surgery room. EPIC!!!!!  It was perfect timing too.  I didnt even realize I had like 400 in those pills that make your character stronger. lol  I increased max health and his hearing for that scene and dominated after getting my ass kicked a few times.  haha  

You can always watch the last cut scene on youtube, or I think you can go to 'Chapters' in your game and replay it. 

But basically he lied to her,yeah. I probably would have done the same. 

For any of you with a PS4, the free game this month is Rocket League.  You definitely want to download that one.  I thought it sounded like a really stupid concept but my son downloaded it and talked me into trying it.  I've been hooked ever since.  

For any of you with a PS4, the free game this month is Rocket League.  You definitely want to download that one.  I thought it sounded like a really stupid concept but my son downloaded it and talked me into trying it.  I've been hooked ever since.  

Free for PS+ - I downloaded it and its a lot of fun, although I've just been ******* around in exhibition mode getting the feel for it.

Also Journey is out for the PS4 as well. 

You can always watch the last cut scene on youtube, or I think you can go to 'Chapters' in your game and replay it. 

But basically he lied to her,yeah. I probably would have done the same. 

Man - so the next installment will be Ellie vs. Joel, Royal Rumble?  haha

Is that the Truck Soccer game or something like that? 

Man - so the next installment will be Ellie vs. Joel, Royal Rumble?  haha

Is that the Truck Soccer game or something like that? 

Most likely TLOU2 will have a different set of folks in it, set in either the same timeline, different location. Nothing official or anything, but it's definitely going to happen. 

Most likely TLOU2 will have a different set of folks in it, set in either the same timeline, different location. Nothing official or anything, but it's definitely going to happen.

they should make a pron movie

• 3 weeks later...

Annoyed with Arkham Knight. I'm 12% of the way in and 85% of the time is spent playing a race car game.

They definitely force too much of the car on you...but that game is phenomenal.  I'm 97% done.  I've only got the tedious little Riddler Trophies left to find so I can beat him and activate the Night Fall Protocol.  The game is amazing IMO. 

I had a random idea the other day. I don't know if it's been done, but someone should make a new model for the werewolves in Skyrim, so that when you go into Beast Mode you turn into Marshawn Lynch.

Just a thought. Figured this was the appropriate thread to share it in.

• 1 month later...

So what's everyone been playing as of late? 

I ended up picking up Mad Max and I love it so far. A bit grindy and repetetive in spots but the car combat and hand to hand fighting is a lot of fun. If you've played any Batman game the fighting mechanic is very similar.

The game itself looks great and photo mode is tons of fun. Just counting down the days until Fallout4 at this point. 

So what's everyone been playing as of late? 

I ended up picking up Mad Max and I love it so far. A bit grindy and repetetive in spots but the car combat and hand to hand fighting is a lot of fun. If you've played any Batman game the fighting mechanic is very similar.

The game itself looks great and photo mode is tons of fun. Just counting down the days until Fallout4 at this point. 

playing Metal Gear. It's great but I want to throw it out the window. Stealth is for pussies

Finally started playing witcher 3. Only a level 5 and getting my ass handed to me regularly. (Most missions I'm finding recommend level 6 or more) Kinda frustrating that there's no Auto Save, i've had to replay so much of this after dieing.

Also, alchemy and crafting just look like a bear to learn. Haven't even started to dig into it yet.

Anyone who was playing earlier finish  the game? Final thoughts? Is it worth it learning crafting?

Edited by CTM