Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

I'd been playing the sh*t out of Mad Max since it came out....it's a fun game, I wouldn't say it's worth 59.99 but a solid title at 39.99 or so.

The car combat is a lot of fun and the game looks great. The photo mode is a very good plus, I found myself taking a sh*tload of screenshots.

I made an album if anyone is interested. 

http://imgur.com/a/oVXRz

Looks good. Can't wait. 

Same here. It's killing me.

The only spoilerish items are in the first two videos; we pretty much inferred as much that is the beginning of the game.

There isn;t much context in the 2nd two videos, other than its a location in the city of Boston and you're fighting some Super Mutants. Was kind of hoping that the Centaurs would make a return (they still might) but I didn't see any. 

I love how smooth the looting seems to be.

I am probably going to lose myself in this game for the next calendar year at least. 

well if there was any doubt about your fallout obsession this post at 6:15am certainly clears it up.  

well if there was any doubt about your fallout obsession this post at 6:15am certainly clears it up.  

LOL, I'm usually in the office by 5-5:30am anyway, I usually need at least a good hour of coffee+internet before I start any real work. 

And yeah, I'm a tad obsessed. Wish I could take some time off after this releases to play it, but the wife works from home. No way is that happening. 

7 more days! 

I'm a bit hyped watching those vids, so much crap to do and explore.

Same here.

I'm seeing a lot of whiny entitled bitches complain about the graphics, etc...and to some degree they have a fair point, but these games have never been about the graphics. Its more about atmosphere and exploration, and it looks like there will be plenty of that.

Weapons and gunplay seem to have a lot more weight and heft to them which I like. 

It does look like they have taken some things from Skyrim - the loading screens for example have already shown certain items in the game...weapons, localaes, items in game (such as a Nuka-Cola machine), which I've kind of liked  - as long as the loading screens arent insanely long like they were on the PS3.

Edited by Fishooked

Same here.

I'm seeing a lot of whiny entitled bitches complain about the graphics, etc...and to some degree they have a fair point, but these games have never been about the graphics. Its more about atmosphere and exploration, and it looks like there will be plenty of that.

Weapons and gunplay seem to have a lot more weight and heft to them which I like. 

It does look like they have taken some things from Skyrim - the loading screens for example have already shown certain items in the game...weapons, localaes, items in game (such as a Nuka-Cola machine), which I've kind of liked  - as long as the loading screens arent insanely long like they were on the PS3.

any news on how big the installs are?

Some more screenshots from a recent PC stream, some of the Mirelurk enemies look terrifying

http://imgur.com/a/Du1Wa

-some other notes-

It looks like you'll be able to have a house/storage location pretty early on in the game, I believe the Red Rocket gas station is your home base. Sanctuary Hills (where you previously lived) will be your first settlement area

Damn those screen shots look beautiful. PC master race wins again.

Yeah I know...as a PS4 player I can only hope we don't have to deal with the horrendous performance issues we had with FO3 and FNV on the PS3. Hopefully the PS4 will get some mods, but that is a ways off, and I'm not expecting anything spectacular for them. 

Even on the vanilla games I still dumped hundreds of hours into both, I expect to do the same for FO4. Can't wait. 

Pfft, don't be. Keep it coming actually, you've posted a lot of good stuff. I'm so hyped!

LOL, no problem. Tomorrow will be bittersweet since I have to work - and it's a busy work week so there is no chance in hell I get any time off at all. I'll head out at lunch and pickup my copy and just stare at it until I get home.

Even if I could blow off work my wife works from home, and that sh*t isn't going to fly when she's home. She HATES my gaming habit.

Then when I do get home, it's about getting the kids' homework done. Once that is all done maybe I'll get a chance to sit down long enough to watch the game install and maybe create a character before I hit the sack. I'm usually up by 3-3:30 am so I'll be dead by 9pm.

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the work week. I'll be torn between watching the Jets get their asses kicked Thursday night or playing Fallout4. 

Of course my daughter has a science project due next Monday to boot.

Adult problems. 

No rush I guess, There's no level cap, and I can't see myself playing anything else for at least a year - honestly. 

The day I discovered Fallout 3 it never left my disc tray in my PS3 for at least 16 months. 

Interesting thing I read about the map. From where you start out (top left corner of the map) the enemies are pretty low level - but as you radiate outwards, the enemy levels and threats are much, much higher. 

• Upvote 1

LOL, no problem. Tomorrow will be bittersweet since I have to work - and it's a busy work week so there is no chance in hell I get any time off at all. I'll head out at lunch and pickup my copy and just stare at it until I get home.

Even if I could blow off work my wife works from home, and that sh*t isn't going to fly when she's home. She HATES my gaming habit.

Then when I do get home, it's about getting the kids' homework done. Once that is all done maybe I'll get a chance to sit down long enough to watch the game install and maybe create a character before I hit the sack. I'm usually up by 3-3:30 am so I'll be dead by 9pm.

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the work week. I'll be torn between watching the Jets get their asses kicked Thursday night or playing Fallout4. 

Adult problems. 

No rush I guess, There's no level cap, and I can't see myself playing anything else for at least a year - honestly. 

The day I discovered Fallout 3 it never left my disc tray in my PS3 for at least 16 months. 

Interesting thing I read about the map. From where you start out (top left corner of the map) the enemies are pretty low level - but as you radiate outwards, the enemy levels and threats are much, much higher. 

i feel your pain with a lot of this. Seems like PS4 is the console to play this game if you don't have a PC. 

i feel your pain with a lot of this. Seems like PS4 is the console to play this game if you don't have a PC. 

Yeah, I mean graphics wise this and the XB1 are pretty close, but they both do have some framerate drops at points, which Im expecting to be honest. It wouldn't be a Bethesda game if it didn't have bugs, as long as they're not gamebreaking Im ok with it. 

Yeah, I mean graphics wise this and the XB1 are pretty close, but they both do have some framerate drops at points, which Im expecting to be honest. It wouldn't be a Bethesda game if it didn't have bugs, as long as they're not gamebreaking Im ok with it. 

agreed, I'm not sweating it. 

Adult problems. 

I too have all these issues, work, wife, kids, homework, lather rinse repeat.  But in between in my quiet moments I also enjoy a toke or 2, and I was going to get F4 but then I saw a vape on sale that I thought might take my quiet tokes to a higher place so I spent my F4 money (and then some) on it lol. 

• Upvote 1