Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Yes, you'll need the XB Gold membership.  $59.99 however if you look around Best Buy/Walmart/Amazon from time to time you'll find really good deals on the membership.  Lego Marvel I don't believe has online play.  Could be wrong though.  Minecraft does.  You need to be real on top of him when he goes online, otherwise he will be hearing every word you've probably tried to shield him from for years.  The console comes with a headset that plugs into the controller usually.  That's all you need, don't get sucked into fancy ass headsets. 

Forza in my opinion has sh*t the bed.  Not because the game sucks necessarily, but because they went to a new model where you only get a limited amount of cars when you buy the $60 game.  For more cars you need to buy "packs" of cars.  You can be into the game for upwards of $200 for all car unlocks.  That stuff pisses me off!  Haven't seen a good flying game for it yet either. 

Agreed. 

The last driving game I tried was one of the more recent Need For Speed games, and you could find a sh*tload of cool cars to use in various areas of the map. Problem was most of them would open a link to the PS Store to buy them  -__- 

Just thought I'd post a couple Fallout 4 screenshots for the hell of it  (PS4)

H1mq8Ub.jpgyvmeEHw.jpgK3JIWKQ.jpgXMFbric.jpgFekgDYb.jpgiPElVF6.jpgllPnJBP.jpg

And the rest are of my settlement, which is a continuous work in progress. 

P19kSsU.jpg

wwzQAAS.jpgMEjaPNh.jpg

CWwX2iu.jpg

Wqpezh6.jpg

sick work man, have you found the alien gun yet?

^

I haven't found it yet, but I'm sure I'll stumble across it eventually. The settlement still looks like crap, but I've run out of wood and steel at the moment. I've been aligning myself with other settlements for the sole purpose of harvesting all of their materials. Once I get it more presentable I'll have to upload more screenshots. 

I wish I could remember to take more screenshots and videos, I just get so damned preoccupied that I forget. 

Agreed. 

The last driving game I tried was one of the more recent Need For Speed games, and you could find a sh*tload of cool cars to use in various areas of the map. Problem was most of them would open a link to the PS Store to buy them  -__- 

Oh man, now that's the kind of sh*t that makes me want to punch a kitten!  It's one thing to download some crappy game from an app store for free and get hit with this kind of amateur hour nonsense, but from a $60-$70 game that's just flat out unacceptable. 

Oh man, now that's the kind of sh*t that makes me want to punch a kitten!  It's one thing to download some crappy game from an app store for free and get hit with this kind of amateur hour nonsense, but from a $60-$70 game that's just flat out unacceptable. 

Used to love the NFS and Test Drive games on the PS1 / PS2, but I'm usually a pretty sh*tty driver. 

Road Rash 3D was one of my favorite of all time though.

Yes, you'll need the XB Gold membership.  $59.99 however if you look around Best Buy/Walmart/Amazon from time to time you'll find really good deals on the membership.  Lego Marvel I don't believe has online play.  Could be wrong though.  Minecraft does.  You need to be real on top of him when he goes online, otherwise he will be hearing every word you've probably tried to shield him from for years.  The console comes with a headset that plugs into the controller usually.  That's all you need, don't get sucked into fancy ass headsets. 

Forza in my opinion has sh*t the bed.  Not because the game sucks necessarily, but because they went to a new model where you only get a limited amount of cars when you buy the $60 game.  For more cars you need to buy "packs" of cars.  You can be into the game for upwards of $200 for all car unlocks.  That stuff pisses me off!  Haven't seen a good flying game for it yet either. 

thanks !   I researched flying games and they don't have a single one !!!!  arghhh !!!!  ace cambat on the PS kept me up at night, lol

thanks !   I researched flying games and they don't have a single one !!!!  arghhh !!!!  ace cambat on the PS kept me up at night, lol

The nearest pure flight game I can come up with is Strike Suit Zero. It's an indie download title off the arcade--it's set in space, though. Haven't played it personally, so I don't know if it's good or not. Here are a couple of Brits doing a demo play; just mute it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKz-YYBLqU

And here's the Xbox link: 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Strike-Suit-Zero-Directors-Cut/e3a41682-7192-4e25-b974-34e403d2a88d?cid=majornelso

• Upvote 1

The nearest pure flight game I can come up with is Strike Suit Zero. It's an indie download title off the arcade--it's set in space, though. Haven't played it personally, so I don't know if it's good or not. Here are a couple of Brits doing a demo play; just mute it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKz-YYBLqU

And here's the Xbox link: 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Strike-Suit-Zero-Directors-Cut/e3a41682-7192-4e25-b974-34e403d2a88d?cid=majornelso

txs !!!

super-noob here again.  so I obsessively prepare for xmas morning, I saw this for the xbox initial set up guide;

Connect your set-top box to the console

If you connect the set-top box (STB) for your cable or satellite TV provider to your console, then you can control your live TV content through your Xbox One. Here's how:

is there any good reason to do this ? 

super-noob here again.  so I obsessively prepare for xmas morning, I saw this for the xbox initial set up guide;

Connect your set-top box to the console

If you connect the set-top box (STB) for your cable or satellite TV provider to your console, then you can control your live TV content through your Xbox One. Here's how:

is there any good reason to do this ? 

I tried it when I first got Xbox. I didn't care for it, though I do consider trying it again to see what upgrades there are. If your whole fam uses the tv the Xbox is connected to then don't do it. No way the wife will care for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the new metal gear is as good as advertised, story is pretty terrible but the game itself is great 

It is good.  The game play is killer.  Graphics are solid.  It's just a bit redundant.  I'm getting pretty bored with it now.  It's the same maps, same villages, same type of missions half way through the game.  At some point, the main missions slow down and you have to do the side missions, which sometimes requires covering all corners of the map and some really boring sh*t.  There are time where you are driving or running or riding what seems like forever to get to this scene where you shoot a bird.  It's a bit too much.

The story is really bad.  I've been skipping the cut scenes lately because they are so long and boring.

It is good.  The game play is killer.  Graphics are solid.  It's just a bit redundant.  I'm getting pretty bored with it now.  It's the same maps, same villages, same type of missions half way through the game.  At some point, the main missions slow down and you have to do the side missions, which sometimes requires covering all corners of the map and some really boring sh*t.  There are time where you are driving or running or riding what seems like forever to get to this scene where you shoot a bird.  It's a bit too much.

The story is really bad.  I've been skipping the cut scenes lately because they are so long and boring.

I am only about 8 hrs in and just learning the depth of game play... What you describe sounds like the first assassins creed, amazing, till it got boring 

I am only about 8 hrs in and just learning the depth of game play... What you describe sounds like the first assassins creed, amazing, till it got boring 

I tried one of the Assassins Creed games and it bored the sh*t out of me.  A ton of walking around talking to people sprinkled with very little action.  So in that regard, I find metal gear 100x more entertaining but like I said, the game doesnt really evolve enough.  I mean, I'm fine with having a large map and having to navigate it but when you're going back to the same base to do the same thing you've done 10 times, it gets old.

Now granted, some of the "boss" like missions where the Skulls come out.  It's challenging and you have to think about how to defeat them.  You have to build the character and his buddy equipment, etc or utilize part of the map around you.  So that part is good, but I'm on Chapter 2 now, with 40% of the game completed and I just ran from one end of a map to another to trap a jackal and shoot a bird.  And they still havent updated my main missions.  

I think I'm pissed at myself for trading in PS3 to get the PS4.  I should have kept it.  PS4 is really limited when it comes to game selection or maybe I just dont know where to look. I was in GameStop the other day to buy a game for a charity gift and I stopped to see what used games I could buy for PS4.  There werent many.  Maybe because the console is still rather new?  But then I looked over at the PS3 games and there were a sh*t ton I wanted to try.   I dont know.  Just something I noticed the other day.

Metal Gear is all about walking the countryside with your mute whore-slave murdering the unwashed in as many creative and grueling ways that you can. I enjoy tranquilizing stragglers, then surrounding their prone bodies with landmines. I watch them wake, with my mute whore-slave at my side, and stumble into the mines, and I laugh. She doesn't laugh because she can't speak. 

I tried one of the Assassins Creed games and it bored the sh*t out of me.  A ton of walking around talking to people sprinkled with very little action.  So in that regard, I find metal gear 100x more entertaining but like I said, the game doesnt really evolve enough.  I mean, I'm fine with having a large map and having to navigate it but when you're going back to the same base to do the same thing you've done 10 times, it gets old.

Now granted, some of the "boss" like missions where the Skulls come out.  It's challenging and you have to think about how to defeat them.  You have to build the character and his buddy equipment, etc or utilize part of the map around you.  So that part is good, but I'm on Chapter 2 now, with 40% of the game completed and I just ran from one end of a map to another to trap a jackal and shoot a bird.  And they still havent updated my main missions.  

My only complaint with the game is that they make you go back to your base to deal with hokey sh*t that doesn't really impact the rest of the game. They should just allow me to murder that little blonde dickbag kid already.

• Upvote 1

(Please pardon my quoting cluster**** above)

Yeah, you have to keep in mind that the PS4 has only been out for 2 years, and the used PS4 games section is still pretty small, and the PS3 has been out since 2006. But the amount of titles is definitely ramping up and will continue to rise. I actually kept my PS3 as well so I could still play Skyrim and the previous Fallout titles, although I don't turn it on that much anymore.

Which games have you played so far on the PS4, and which ones did you like? Keep in mind there is a sh*tload of digital titles available as well; I don't buy them normally since I can't trade them in. If you're into shooters, have you tried Wolfenstein yet? You can probably pick that one up on the cheap. 

Yeah, you have to keep in mind that the PS4 has only been out for 2 years, and the used PS4 games section is still pretty small, and the PS3 has been out since 2006. But the amount of titles is definitely ramping up and will continue to rise. I actually kept my PS3 as well so I could still play Skyrim and the previous Fallout titles, although I don't turn it on that much anymore.

Which games have you played so far on the PS4, and which ones did you like? Keep in mind there is a sh*tload of digital titles available as well; I don't buy them normally since I can't trade them in. If you're into shooters, have you tried Wolfenstein yet? You can probably pick that one up on the cheap. 

I bought PS4 for Batman.  Which was freaking awesome.  After that I played;

Assassins Creed Unity - hate it.  Too slow

The Last of Us - amazing

Madden - its madden

Metal Gear 5 - you've read my thoughts

Rented Mortal Kombat - meh, fun for a second then boring

That's it really because when I've talked to the hardcore Gamers at GameStop it sounds like all the rest of the games will either give me nausea or are not my type of game. 

I might try Mad Max.  I've noticed I tend to like Movie/super hero themed games.

If you've played the Batman games Mad Max should feel familiar to you, particularly in the hand to hand combat.

I've played it and finished it - if you liked the movie you'll probably like the game too, although there is no official tie in. The looting gets monontonous and the bosses for each major base are essentially the same. But the driving and vehicular combat is awesome, and it is a great looking game. Check out some videos on youtube first if you're not sure. 

Metal Gear is all about walking the countryside with your mute whore-slave murdering the unwashed in as many creative and grueling ways that you can. I enjoy tranquilizing stragglers, then surrounding their prone bodies with landmines. I watch them wake, with my mute whore-slave at my side, and stumble into the mines, and I laugh. She doesn't laugh because she can't speak. 

once again, as a fellow resident of NJ I thank god you have video games in which to act out your sick, sadistic fantasies

Also, you might be a genius. Can't wait to give the land mine trick a try :)

A

• Upvote 1

I bought PS4 for Batman.  Which was freaking awesome.  After that I played;

Assassins Creed Unity - hate it.  Too slow

The Last of Us - amazing

Madden - its madden

Metal Gear 5 - you've read my thoughts

Rented Mortal Kombat - meh, fun for a second then boring

That's it really because when I've talked to the hardcore Gamers at GameStop it sounds like all the rest of the games will either give me nausea or are not my type of game. 

I might try Mad Max.  I've noticed I tend to like Movie/super hero themed games.

try the hobbit game ..shadows of mordor or something.. lots of mindless slashing 

If you've played the Batman games Mad Max should feel familiar to you, particularly in the hand to hand combat.

I've played it and finished it - if you liked the movie you'll probably like the game too, although there is no official tie in. The looting gets monontonous and the bosses for each major base are essentially the same. But the driving and vehicular combat is awesome, and it is a great looking game. Check out some videos on youtube first if you're not sure. 

I will try it out.  I've seen some videos.  It looks rad.

try the hobbit game ..shadows of mordor or something.. lots of mindless slashing 

I like mindless slashing. 

I got my son the xbox one.  which of my questions were you replying to ?

So I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got all the achievements and everything since I'm a douchey fanboy. Pretty good game overall; I'd say if you enjoyed the last one you'll really like this one as well. Lara is back to being that kick-ass chick we all know and love, instead of the wimpy pussy she was for most of the reboot. 

I would have liked to have seen more content overall and more areas to explore; it seemed kind of thin in that regard and it's kind of lame that I'm done with it already. Still, fun game and it looks great. 

jdpc5v6bocq40ks9ywtv.jpg

Also, I picked up Killer Is Dead at GameStop for six bucks. This game is...well, it's...it's...Japanese. 

So far I've spent half my time hacking and slashing through acid-trippy levels and the other half ogling (yes, you have to ogle them and purchase gifts for them; it's part of the game) hot women on "dates" because Japan. 

If you like to get high and play weird-ass video games with lots of sexuality and WTF moments, there's no better title. 

So I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got all the achievements and everything since I'm a douchey fanboy. Pretty good game overall; I'd say if you enjoyed the last one you'll really like this one as well. Lara is back to being that kick-ass chick we all know and love, instead of the wimpy pussy she was for most of the reboot. 

I would have liked to have seen more content overall and more areas to explore; it seemed kind of thin in that regard and it's kind of lame that I'm done with it already. Still, fun game and it looks great. 

jdpc5v6bocq40ks9ywtv.jpg

Nice, I'm looking forward to this once the XB1 exclusivity ends, I'm pretty sure it's coming to PS4 at some point. Really loved the last one, one of the few games I hunted around and got all of the collectibles and such. Plus she is easy on the eyes too. 

• Upvote 1

Nice, I'm looking forward to this once the XB1 exclusivity ends, I'm pretty sure it's coming to PS4 at some point. Really loved the last one, one of the few games I hunted around and got all of the collectibles and such. Plus she is easy on the eyes too. 

Yeah, the collectibles and weapon upgrading are basically the same as they were in the last one so it's pretty familiar and easy to get into. 

And yes, Lara is still very easy on the eyes, lol. 

Yeah, the collectibles and weapon upgrading are basically the same as they were in the last one so it's pretty familiar and easy to get into. 

And yes, Lara is still very easy on the eyes, lol. 

I thought the last one was funny.  You could "dress" her in different outfits.  All of which consisted of a shirt or jacket when he original outfit is a tattered white tank top.  Who the **** dresses her hahahaha???

I thought the last one was funny.  You could "dress" her in different outfits.  All of which consisted of a shirt or jacket when he original outfit is a tattered white tank top.  Who the **** dresses her hahahaha???

Yeah, the whole outfit thing in the new one is kind of dumb as well. The different costumes are supposed to give stat boosts and better attributes, but between all the outfits there are only two different bonuses--and some of them don't do anything at all. The game takes place in a cold climate, so basically your options in dressing Lara are between a coat and a...different...colored...coat...I guess? 

I know they're trying to be all "realistic" and "gritty" with this TR reboot, but I wish they'd go the Resident Evil route and let you earn stupid-looking and skimpy costumes through in-game tasks. Getting the extra weapons and costumes is half the fun of playing an RE game.