Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

6 hours ago, CTM said:

you ******* guys are going to make me buy this game and i can kiss the next month goodbye

I tried to hold out for as long as I could, but when I saw it cheap I had to get it. And yeah, it definitely is one of those "crack" games. Right now I'm having a blast just running around and exploring. 

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Idiot Savant perk never gets old for me. My kids love it too - 

Usually when the wife passes our early (which happens often) and my girls dont want to go to sleep they will bring their laptops downstairs and play Minecraft while I'm playing FO4. Whenever Idiot Savant kicks in it always brings the lulz from all 3 of us.

The Bobbleheads arent too hard to get in this game  - at least it's not like what happened in Fallout3 where if you forgot to take it from Vault 101 or Raven Rock you were pretty much screwed forever. 

I am trying to collect all of the magazines at the moment - I think there is 123 of them or something like that, I think I have like 10 left. 

I'm kind of an achievement whore, so I'll be seeking out all the bobbleheads and enough magazines at least to get that one to pop (I think it's 20? I don't feel like looking it up right now) which shouldn't be too hard. I'm a little concerned about the "missable" achievements, though. I'll have to look those up. 

On a side note, I got my Grognak costume today--and I wasn't even looking for it at the time. I just stumbled across it while I was out questing. Yay. 

10 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

I tried to hold out for as long as I could, but when I saw it cheap I had to get it. And yeah, it definitely is one of those "crack" games. Right now I'm having a blast just running around and exploring. 

I'm kind of an achievement whore, so I'll be seeking out all the bobbleheads and enough magazines at least to get that one to pop (I think it's 20? I don't feel like looking it up right now) which shouldn't be too hard. I'm a little concerned about the "missable" achievements, though. I'll have to look those up. 

On a side note, I got my Grognak costume today--and I wasn't even looking for it at the time. I just stumbled across it while I was out questing. Yay. 

The same here, although I can only count on one hand the number of games I've gotten 100% on.

I'm so close on this one though, the Benevolent Leader is the hardest one to get (get 100% happiness in one settlement)...it's infuriating.

There is a point of no return when it comes to the factions though, you can be working and doing missions for all 3 of them at once. In order to get all of the endings I made a hard save, went through the questline for one to the ending, reloaded, and then did the same for the rest. 

1 hour ago, Fishooked said:

The same here, although I can only count on one hand the number of games I've gotten 100% on.

I'm so close on this one though, the Benevolent Leader is the hardest one to get (get 100% happiness in one settlement)...it's infuriating.

There is a point of no return when it comes to the factions though, you can be working and doing missions for all 3 of them at once. In order to get all of the endings I made a hard save, went through the questline for one to the ending, reloaded, and then did the same for the rest. 

I ended up having to murder one of the factions entirely when they all started firing on me (I accidentally killed one of them on a mission--the Railroad guy). 

The game is definitely addicting. I'm still not great at it, so it feels like I'm a noob, but then I remember that I've been playing it for over a month with hundreds of hours into it and I'm sort of disgusted with myself. My new hobby is trying to shoot things in the legs until they're incapacitated, then walking up and executing them at my leisure.

A few Qs.

1. As for armor, I'm just wearing a coat I took off of someone I killed. It's heavy af (like 36 pounds), but it seems to protect me really well. Is it worth it to dump it and try to develop component parts? 

2. Most of the weapons I pick up and keep seem to already have the peak mods attached. When I go to the weapons bench and scroll through, the best part is already mostly there. Do more parts appear when you upgrade Gun Nut?

5 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I think I will do the same--make a save and go grab the eight missable achievements. I'll just have to try not to forget and get past the point of no return. 

"Benevolent Leader" does sound like a huge pain in the ass. A lot of people are apparently having trouble with it being glitchy/stubborn. I think I'll start getting into the settlement building a little more once I'm done farting around and exploring. "...The Harder They Fall" (kill five giant creatures) kind of sounds tough, too. 

Last night I did the quest for that comic book nerd ghoul Kent with all that "Shroud" crap. I spent half an hour reloading at climax of it trying not to let Kent get killed. Finally did it; I hope the outfit he gives me for it will be worth all the effort. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I ended up having to murder one of the factions entirely when they all started firing on me (I accidentally killed one of them on a mission--the Railroad guy). 

The game is definitely addicting. I'm still not great at it, so it feels like I'm a noob, but then I remember that I've been playing it for over a month with hundreds of hours into it and I'm sort of disgusted with myself. My new hobby is trying to shoot things in the legs until they're incapacitated, then walking up and executing them at my leisure.

A few Qs.

1. As for armor, I'm just wearing a coat I took off of someone I killed. It's heavy af (like 36 pounds), but it seems to protect me really well. Is it worth it to dump it and try to develop component parts? 

2. Most of the weapons I pick up and keep seem to already have the peak mods attached. When I go to the weapons bench and scroll through, the best part is already mostly there. Do more parts appear when you upgrade Gun Nut?

I don't think I've even opened a weapons/armor bench yet. Is it worth messing around with or are you finding better stuff elsewhere? My guns are kind of crappy and I could use an upgrade. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A few Qs.

Well its always worth it to **** around at armor & weapons workbenches to experiment, at least you get XP from it. If what you make feels like trash, then just sell it off.  If you max our the Armorers and Gun Nut perks that will give you all the options available that you need. You'll need the Science! perks for all of the energy based weapons I beleive. 

On the armor there are a lot of options available, it all depends if you want armor that will make you a tank (very heavy) or super light for stealth builds. I usually just wear combat armor, then use various legendary items for left/right arm, left/right leg.

You'll come across an assload of guns that already have mods on them, but you can also modify any legendary weapons you find too. 

Keep in mind that all mods (weapons & armor) are stored on your person (one of those Inventory>Mods tabs I think), make sure you dump them into your workbench - they will stay there and get reused if you use the same mod on new weapon etc. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

I don't think I've even opened a weapons/armor bench yet. Is it worth messing around with or are you finding better stuff elsewhere? My guns are kind of crappy and I could use an upgrade. 

Its good for ******* around and getting XP, I don't get attached to too many weapons since something better always comes along.

In the beginning you're pretty much armpit-deep in pipe pistols/rifles and 10mm pistols lol. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

I think I will do the same--make a save and go grab the eight missable achievements. I'll just have to try not to forget and get past the point of no return. 

"Benevolent Leader" does sound like a huge pain in the ass. A lot of people are apparently having trouble with it being glitchy/stubborn. I think I'll start getting into the settlement building a little more once I'm done farting around and exploring. "...The Harder They Fall" (kill five giant creatures) kind of sounds tough, too. 

Last night I did the quest for that comic book nerd ghoul Kent with all that "Shroud" crap. I spent half an hour reloading at climax of it trying not to let Kent get killed. Finally did it; I hope the outfit he gives me for it will be worth all the effort. 

I think the 'Mass Fusion' quest is the one you want to watch out for. If you do it for the Institute, the BOS become hostile, and vice versa.

I tried to save Kent so many times, that was infuriating, after about 10 failed attempts I gave up. RIP. 

And Benevolent Leader ....ugh. I have like 5 people at Red Rocket and it keeps hovering at 96-98 for days. 

2 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I tried to save Kent so many times, that was infuriating, after about 10 failed attempts I gave up. RIP. 

It took me experimenting with several different ways before I found one that worked. I went through all the "Shroud" dialogue options, then when the conversation ended I immediately sucked down a Jet, went into VATS and critical'd Sinjin in the face before he could pull the trigger and blow Kent's brains out his eye sockets. The other three enemies in the room became non-hostile and ran off to random corners of the room after Sinjin went down, but I still put a bullet in each one of their heads out of pure spite. Strong the super mutant was with me at the time and he loved that chain of events so much I thought he was going to kiss me. 

I wanted to be sure to save Kent not just because he's a lovable comic book nerd but because the armor he gives is supposedly pretty nice. I read that it coincides with your level when you pick it up, so I'll probably wait a while before I go get it. 

28 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

This dude: 

mqdefault.jpg

He's in Goodneighbor. If I remember right, you meet him and get his quest by listening to the Silver Shroud radio station around there. 

Oh snap. Thanks. I thought the Silver Shroud broadcasts became useless after you saved the old actor from the Super Mutants in the tower.

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

You guys are a perfect example of why NOT to buy Fallout. Seriously, it's like watching heroin addicts converse about their next score. I like getting laid, and seeing the sun once in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I see the sun on weekends sometimes. 

12 hours ago, Snell41 said:

You guys are a perfect example of why NOT to buy Fallout. Seriously, it's like watching heroin addicts converse about their next score. I like getting laid, and seeing the sun once in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Hey! I see the sun on weekends sometimes. 

And I'm married, so I'm not getting laid regardless. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

And I'm married, so I'm not getting laid regardless. 

Ditto that.

Sort of on topic, but why is it ok if we're sitting watching a movie, whereas playing a video game is committing some sort of crime against productivity.

What's the difference? I'm still looking at the tv. Women logic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fishooked said:

Ditto that.

Sort of on topic, but why is it ok if we're sitting watching a movie, whereas playing a video game is committing some sort of crime against productivity.

What's the difference? I'm still looking at the tv. Women logic. 

There is no logic, not married, but my GF is the same way. It's like anything that puts a smile on your face that doesn't involve her is bad. I'll never understand it.

1 hour ago, rillo said:

There is no logic, not married, but my GF is the same way. It's like anything that puts a smile on your face that doesn't involve her is bad. I'll never understand it.

Them: "Spend time with me instead!"

Me: Fine

10 minutes later into said movie or TV show they are on their phone constantly.

Me: TRIGGERED

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rillo said:

yep.. they say men are immature and we are with our toys but women are like children when it comes to this stuff 

7 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Them: "Spend time with me instead!"

Me: Fine

10 minutes later into said movie or TV show they are on their phone constantly.

Me: TRIGGERED

or watching something they want that you have no interest in 

12 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

Woman Logic: 

"I'm going to watch 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' for a while to relax after a long day." 

"Video games? What a pointless waste of time." 

Or "You and you're stupid games. You're addicted!"

continues to play Words With Friends on her iPad

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I just finished Automatron and I am ready to create my robot army. Really excited for Far Harbor. 

Yup finished it when it came out. It was kind of short but that's alright it was a blast.  There's going to be a lot of content coming out so I'm excited. 

Time once again for "Bombdirt's Fallout 4 Update That No One Asked For." 

I'm about to hit level 35; starting to jerk around with progressing toward some of the different endings. I made a hard save (which I hope was early enough) that I'll use as a jumping-off point. I'm on the "Institutionalized" quest right now. 

14 Bobbleheads down; six more to go. I tried going for the one (sneak, I think?) that's on that wrecked ship to the southeast, but I got smoked by roamers before I got anywhere near it, so I'm saving a few for a little later. 

I've been hit by a few glitches/bugs in the game over the past few days, but thankfully none has been game-breaking. I lost Piper (sent her to Sanctuary and she never showed up) and looked everywhere for her before I finally just gave up and reloaded an earlier save. Quite the waste of an hour. I did get her to max affection, though, and now she never leaves my side. 

I think I found a good method for the "Benevolent Leader" achievement, but I'll have to wait for some more perks/materials before I can give it a shot. From all I've read, that one sounds like a Grade-A pain in the ass. 

Also, I want an Atom Cats T-shirt. 

latest?cb=20160129224429