Jump to content

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh f*ck yeah! After an 8 year wait, only a little over 2 months to go.  

Even the Madden's of that era had a great franchise mode. The effort put into it was incomparable to the lifeless garbage we have today. Online gaming just killed sports games. FIFA and Madden ha

Posted Images

So I'm just gonna say, Fallout just isn't for me.  I have been wandering around, completing missions as they come, and I'm a level 8.  Can't seem to figure out quick ways to level up other than missions, where ammo seems to be required yet I can't hardly find any.  And the random getting killed by ridiculous beasts or whatever in the midst of wandering aimlessly is not very fun.  Oh look, another coffee mug.  Super. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

So I'm just gonna say, Fallout just isn't for me.  I have been wandering around, completing missions as they come, and I'm a level 8.  Can't seem to figure out quick ways to level up other than missions, where ammo seems to be required yet I can't hardly find any.  And the random getting killed by ridiculous beasts or whatever in the midst of wandering aimlessly is not very fun.  Oh look, another coffee mug.  Super. 

To each his own then - I found lowering the difficulty helps a ton, you can always change it again once you get used to it. 

There are plenty of perks that should help in that regard....remember the more you kill, more xp, more perks. 

Level 8 seems a bit low though, but then again I dont know how much you've played it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LvL 8 is definitely to low to give up on fallout, but only you can  make that decision.

 

This weekend will be wasted on DC universe online. It finally came to Xbox one, loved it when it was on ps3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rillo said:

LvL 8 is definitely to low to give up on fallout, but only you can  make that decision.

 

This weekend will be wasted on DC universe online. It finally came to Xbox one, loved it when it was on ps3. 

What?   Never head of this and I absolutely love Super Hero games.  Is this available on PS4 and what is it like?  haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Snell41 said:

So I'm just gonna say, Fallout just isn't for me.  I have been wandering around, completing missions as they come, and I'm a level 8.  Can't seem to figure out quick ways to level up other than missions, where ammo seems to be required yet I can't hardly find any.  And the random getting killed by ridiculous beasts or whatever in the midst of wandering aimlessly is not very fun.  Oh look, another coffee mug.  Super. 

Lower the difficulty and stick with it. I was in the same boat early on and was bored/annoyed until I powered up a bunch. Just do a bunch of easy missions, load up on your carrying weight and damage resistances, get a good laser sniper rifle and buy the Pay and Spray from Cricket and you'll start to have a good time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Fishooked said:

Far Harbor DLC trailer! woo!

Edit: Drops May 19th

1.5 Update/Survival mode drops 5/13

 

 

That's good news. With your guys' help, I finished the main storyline by killing Shaun, even though I think he was right on a philosophical level. I kinda wanted to keep playing, but I drew the line at spending time assigning beds in the settlements. Those fickimg people need to take some accountability.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JiF said:

What?   Never head of this and I absolutely love Super Hero games.  Is this available on PS4 and what is it like?  haha

It's a MMORPG with a lot of grinding to lvl up

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2016 at 2:40 PM, Snell41 said:

So I'm just gonna say, Fallout just isn't for me.  I have been wandering around, completing missions as they come, and I'm a level 8.  Can't seem to figure out quick ways to level up other than missions, where ammo seems to be required yet I can't hardly find any.  And the random getting killed by ridiculous beasts or whatever in the midst of wandering aimlessly is not very fun.  Oh look, another coffee mug.  Super. 

I'll chime in with my two cents and see if I can offer any useful advice. 

For me, early on the key to getting confident with my character was finding 2-3 guns I was comfortable using and that fit my play style. I ended up using a silenced 10mm pistol most of the game and utilizing VATS and stealth whenever possible. Later on after upgrading my favorite gun and my character a little bit, I was getting 18-19 stealth shots in VATS and could wipe out a room before anyone even knew I was there. 

If you're having trouble dying a lot, try sticking around in the northwest area of the map for a while and do some exploring. Take it slow, clear out any structures or buildings you find and just loot everything. Yeah, there's a lot of crap loot out there (like coffee mugs) but a lot of the other stuff is very useful and/or sells for a pretty penny. You'll be able to tell what's worth picking up after a while. The levels will come, just try to kill everything you can and do the missions within your range. The Idiot Savant perk helps a lot, too. Grab that one ASAP. 

Dead enemies are the most consistent sources of ammo, but you'll have to switch guns here and there depending on what your inventory looks like (which is why it helps to carry a few different guns with varying ammo types with you at all times). Whenever I was running low on bullets, I'd sell the ammo I never used and just buy more of the ammo I needed. Once you get to Diamond City (where a bunch of vendors are) it's a lot easier to manage your inventory that way. 

If all else fails, lower the difficulty for a while until you find a playing style you're comfortable with. Stick with it; Fallout is a great game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2016 at 9:18 AM, T0mShane said:

Lower the difficulty and stick with it. I was in the same boat early on and was bored/annoyed until I powered up a bunch. Just do a bunch of easy missions, load up on your carrying weight and damage resistances, get a good laser sniper rifle and buy the Pay and Spray from Cricket and you'll start to have a good time.

Pay & Spray is so OP it's not even funny - especially when you up max your Explosives perks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2016 at 8:08 AM, Fishooked said:

Pay & Spray is so OP it's not even funny - especially when you up max your Explosives perks. 

do i lose nerd points for having to look up OP? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

anyone getting Uncharted?

Lol I might, I need something to take me out of this Fallout quagmire.  So far I've seen lower difficulty (ok easy enough), take the easy missions (is there anywhere that says they're easy or hard?), get a pay and spray from Cricket (who the hell is cricket), get used to 2 or 3 guns except when they run out of ammo pretty much immediately get used to othr weapons (which consequentially have no ammo as well)......  I don't even know where to sell the crap I carry....why am I picking up this coffee mug I found in a dead monster's carcass?? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Lol I might, I need something to take me out of this Fallout quagmire.  So far I've seen lower difficulty (ok easy enough), take the easy missions (is there anywhere that says they're easy or hard?), get a pay and spray from Cricket (who the hell is cricket), get used to 2 or 3 guns except when they run out of ammo pretty much immediately get used to othr weapons (which consequentially have no ammo as well)......  I don't even know where to sell the crap I carry....why am I picking up this coffee mug I found in a dead monster's carcass?? 

Don't loot the other junk if you don't need it just yet. Always take caps & ammo since they have no weight. Also any Stimpacks and chems. 

If you're running out of ammo take the scrounger perks so you'll find more ammo & caps. If you need a place to sell your stuff, make your way to Diamond City and there are several vendors where you can sell off extra weapons, junk and gear for ammo or to get caps. Strong back perk is a must so you can carry loads of gear if you're the hoarder type. 

The closest vendors are located here, this should help - 

Lower the difficulty to the easiest setting, and just get out there and explore. Killing things will get you XP, as will discovering locations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2016 at 3:31 PM, JiF said:

What?   Never head of this and I absolutely love Super Hero games.  Is this available on PS4 and what is it like?  haha

I believe it's free, but I heard its a grindfest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I almost picked up Dark Souls III today, then I remembered how pissed off I got at the last one. I've never seen a game series that punishes failure quite so much. I like a good challenge as much as the next guy but that game was like a rectal violation. It's a damn shame too; Dark Souls III looks pretty bad-ass. 

neon_0001_large.jpg

I ended up getting Star Wars: Battlefront and Resident Evil Origins Collection. After a pretty ridiculous install time, I'm just firing up Star Wars now. 

*Opens beer and kicks feet up*

Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM, CTM said:

anyone getting Uncharted?

It's gorgeous and, if it was a movie, would be the best action movie this year. The problem with it is that the actions are repetitive--climbing, shooting, swimming, driving. The plus is that the story and graphics are so good you don't really notice that you're climbing another brick wall for the 4,837th time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's gorgeous and, if it was a movie, would be the best action movie this year. The problem with it is that the actions are repetitive--climbing, shooting, swimming, driving. The plus is that the story and graphics are so good you don't really notice that you're climbing another brick wall for the 4,837th time.

yep.. it feels like less of a game and more of a movie so far.. its' cool the way the cut scenes and game play have the same graphical quality though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fallout 4 has been saving me money. I've had certain games on my radar forever but I know I wont play them yet because Fallout4. Far Harbor has been fun and creepy, the enemies are like nightmare fuel. The new soundtrack is amazing, and so is the atmosphere. I've barely scratched the surface, can't wait to get out there and explore more of it. 

The Division

Doom

Uncharted 4 

I still want to play these games, but at least they will be cheaper when I do get them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, question.

My kid filled his PS4 hard drive.   What's the best way to add space?   Take out the old and replace, or get the thing that sits on top of the PS4 and plug in a new one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 11:29 PM, chirorob said:

So, question.

My kid filled his PS4 hard drive.   What's the best way to add space?   Take out the old and replace, or get the thing that sits on top of the PS4 and plug in a new one?

Not sure what you mean, PS4 doesn't support external hard drives unfortunately.

I upgraded mine to a 2TB drive some time ago, pretty easy to do. He will have to redownload all of this games though. 

From what I've read you're not getting much of a boost in looking for a SSD hard drive. I think at the time my 2tb drive was around 90.00; you could probably get a 4tb for around 120 I think.

Edit - just found this link - I might need to look into this myself - 

http://www.geek.com/games/6tb-ps4-made-possible-with-40-nyko-data-bank-1625022/

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Not sure what you mean, PS4 doesn't support external hard drives unfortunately.

I upgraded mine to a 2TB drive some time ago, pretty easy to do. He will have to redownload all of this games though. 

From what I've read you're not getting much of a boost in looking for a SSD hard drive. I think at the time my 2tb drive was around 90.00; you could probably get a 4tb for around 120 I think.

Edit - just found this link - I might need to look into this myself - 

http://www.geek.com/games/6tb-ps4-made-possible-with-40-nyko-data-bank-1625022/

Yeah, that's what we got

Just didn't know if it was easier to use that or replace the hard drive.  I'll just keep that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2016 at 0:56 PM, Fishooked said:

I believe it's free, but I heard its a grindfest. 

I cant find it anywhere.

On 5/27/2016 at 10:15 AM, Fishooked said:

Fallout 4 has been saving me money. I've had certain games on my radar forever but I know I wont play them yet because Fallout4. Far Harbor has been fun and creepy, the enemies are like nightmare fuel. The new soundtrack is amazing, and so is the atmosphere. I've barely scratched the surface, can't wait to get out there and explore more of it. 

The Division

Doom

Uncharted 4 

I still want to play these games, but at least they will be cheaper when I do get them.

Still going strong with The Division.  They made some recent updates and it added a ton of more game play outside of the "dark zone", which is awesome but unfortunately it's turned into a huge gang like game play.  If you try to go solo, rouge agents that team up destroy you over and over again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's everyone's thoughts on E3 so far? 

Psyched for the Skyrim Special Edition on 10/23, been dying to play it again, now I get to do it with mods on my PS4.

Somewhat let down that Nuka World will be the last Fallout 4 dlc, but I've loved all the stuff they have released to date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Heads up you can download the Doom and Resident Evil 7 demos for free, fyi.

The RE7 gameplay premise sounds a little odd, but I'm going to check the demo out today. I'll probably like it, but I'm a fanboy of the series so that doesn't count for much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...