Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JiF, I read this and have some thoughts, but I haven’t had time to write them out as yet. But, in their original conception of TLOU2, Joel and Tommy brutally murder Abby’s family (in this scenario, she’s not the doctor’s kid, she’s just part of a caravan that gets overrun by a vicious Joel. There was also intended to be a long set piece where Abby comes upon Isaac, who radicalizes her. IMO, some of the story elements feel disjointed because they changed the concept so dramatically during the production phase.

Interesting, not sure which I like better to be honest...

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I haven't played video games since Madden '98.  Sometimes I think these games sound interesting and maybe I will give one a try.  After reading the last bit of this thread, I think I'd rather just read these posts and murder people. 

I wish I hadn't played Madden games since Madden '98.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Got F1 2020 a couple of weeks ago. Most enjoyable F1 game I've played since the brilliance that was F1 97. Ended up getting the Seventy edition because the prices for the Schumacher version are still insane. I'll just buy the DLC instead, and still save about thirty quid. I have to have that Jordan 191 and those Benettons.

Just wish they didn't have that aural torture David Croft on it though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 8:47 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Any opinions on Cyberpunk 77 yet?

I have a few friends playing it. Buggy as **** on PS4 so wait for the patches, but nice on PS5. They say it’s massive and time consuming fun, and you can collect an array of dildos around town but can’t use them as weapons. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I love the idea of video games, but trying to sit down and actually play never works for me.  The controls and size of the games are too much.  I’ll play on a Saturday night, but by the time I get back to it I’ve forgotten what was happening or how to fight skillfully enough for the level I left off at.
We do have the racing wheel and a rig setup with a curved monitor though. I’ll drive that thing a lot over the winter when my Shelby is in storage.

That being said, I bought Madden for the first time since PS3 days.  Looking forward to some power football with Hall! 

My son has the PS4, but doesn’t play sports games.  

12 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I love the idea of video games, but trying to sit down and actually play never works for me.  The controls and size of the games are too much.  I’ll play on a Saturday night, but by the time I get back to it I’ve forgotten what was happening or how to fight skillfully enough for the level I left off at.
We do have the racing wheel and a rig setup with a curved monitor though. I’ll drive that thing a lot over the winter when my Shelby is in storage.

That being said, I bought Madden for the first time since PS3 days.  Looking forward to some power football with Hall! 

My son has the PS4, but doesn’t play sports games.  

Ok, I wasted 60 bucks.

What a pile of sh*t.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ok, I wasted 60 bucks.

What a pile of sh*t.  

There’s definitely some bugs, but I have actually really enjoyed it so far (Madden 22 was a slog)  That being said, I don’t know what platform you are on (I’m on the Xbox Series X) because there is, supposedly, a massive difference between the last-generation version and the one for the newer consoles.

• 4 weeks later...