Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Whenever I boot us TLOU, I always sit at the title screen for a few minutes, because it's just so haunting to me. Still gives me chills to this day, multiple playthroughs later.

I can never double-buy a game (already had it for PS3), but I'd love to see a sequel even though I know it'd take five years to make.

Dying Light was pretty terrific, though.

I was annoyed with it because I literally could not see sh*t at night, even with the brightness all the way up.

Maybe its the cataracts on my old eyes. 

Early on in the game when you do your first night-time run, I was sprinting the whole damn time and found myself getting cornered and killed. **** that noise. I really wanted to like it though.

Strange that the same guys that did Dead Island did this game....yet Dead Island 2 is still slated to come out later this year, I wonder how similar they'll look. 

I was annoyed with it because I literally could not see sh*t at night, even with the brightness all the way up.

Maybe its the cataracts on my old eyes. 

Early on in the game when you do your first night-time run, I was sprinting the whole damn time and found myself getting cornered and killed. **** that noise. I really wanted to like it though.

Strange that the same guys that did Dead Island did this game....yet Dead Island 2 is still slated to come out later this year, I wonder how similar they'll look. 

Yeah, the night running isn't worth trying until you get the grappling hook (when you hit level 5, iirc). When you get the hook, you can spider-man between rooftops and avoid the streets altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the night running isn't worth trying until you get the grappling hook (when you hit level 5, iirc). When you get the hook, you can spider-man between rooftops and avoid the streets altogether.

Ah, good to know. Will give this another shot in the future.

Until then, The Witcher3 will be taking up most of my summer I think - 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Conan-Plays-Witcher-3-Has-Sex-Unicorn-71781.html

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I played this sh*tty game on my Sega Genesis.

I remember trying to run the ball in this game was impossible.

"I can't believe it!"

"It's a fake!"

Best 8 or 16 bit games for sports:

NFL: tecmo bowl

NBA: nba jam arcade adaptation (SNES)

MLB: Bases Loaded (NES)

Hockey: Blades of Steel

X-games: Skate or die(NES)

MMA: Street Fighter

College basketball: don't remember the name but SNES had a great NCAA tournament game

Boxing: Mike Tyson punch-out

Duck Callers: Duck Hunt

Honorable mention: Reggie Jackson baseball for sega. When you hit a HR or fly ball did this cool graphic where the camera followed it in the air.

Reviews on Witcher are outstanding.

That's what I'm hearing as well, definitely going to be picking this up, along with ESO in June, I think.

Kind of glad The Division got pushed to Q1 2016, if they have to keep delaying it to make it right, so be it.

Really hoping these Fallout4 rumors are true...Bethesda's conference at E3 is slated for Sunday, 6/14

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Trailer-Being-Made-By-Guillermo-Del-Toro-Studio-71826.html

That's what I'm hearing as well, definitely going to be picking this up, along with ESO in June, I think.

Kind of glad The Division got pushed to Q1 2016, if they have to keep delaying it to make it right, so be it.

Really hoping these Fallout4 rumors are true...Bethesda's conference at E3 is slated for Sunday, 6/14

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Trailer-Being-Made-By-Guillermo-Del-Toro-Studio-71826.html

I think I'm going to get the PS4, witcher reviews have convinced me

edit: yep, just bought it

I am a Ps4 owner ... only issue ... lack of good games

last of us remastered

dragon age

GTA V

hopefully ... the witcher and fallout are good

That's pretty much subjective though, I don't think thats true. Granted every new console gets off to a slow start, there is a lot more coming in 2015.

If you have PS+ you can get your hands on some really good indies that you may have never tried before, frankly between the PS3, PS4, and Vita its too much for me to handle at the moment. 

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/metascore

That's pretty much subjective though, I don't think thats true. Granted every new console gets off to a slow start, there is a lot more coming in 2015.

If you have PS+ you can get your hands on some really good indies that you may have never tried before, frankly between the PS3, PS4, and Vita its too much for me to handle at the moment. 

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/metascore

If memory serves you have daughters, any games for PS4 that they like? I bought Raymen Legends as it seemed more kid like.. most of the games seem very AO

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

If memory serves you have daughters, any games for PS4 that they like? I bought Raymen Legends as it seemed more kid like.. most of the games seem very AO

Yeah, they are 10 & 12, not sure how old yours are or what kind of games they like. My kids are presently addicted to PC games at the moment (Minecraft, FeralHeart, Goat Simulator), which is ok because it means they arent hogging my PS4. But they have played and liked the following:

Flower

The Unfinished Swan

Minecraft 

Flow

Thomas Was Alone

Sound Shapes

Little Big Planet 3 

Other games I've heard are good but haven't played yet

Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare (heard it's a very good shooter in it's own right)

If they liked the Lego Movie they'd probably like the Lego Movie game too, fun co-op with the kids, I've played the PS3 version 

Yeah, they are 10 & 12, not sure how old yours are or what kind of games they like. My kids are presently addicted to PC games at the moment (Minecraft, FeralHeart, Goat Simulator), which is ok because it means they arent hogging my PS4. But they have played and liked the following:

Flower

The Unfinished Swan

Minecraft 

Flow

Thomas Was Alone

Sound Shapes

Little Big Planet 3 

Other games I've heard are good but haven't played yet

Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare (heard it's a very good shooter in it's own right)

If they liked the Lego Movie they'd probably like the Lego Movie game too, fun co-op with the kids, I've played the PS3 version 

Thanks! Mine are 8 and 10, they love MineCraft (X360) and Disney Xfinity (Wii U).. I hear you about them not hopping on the PS4 being good for me, but I dunno, having the kids get excited about the new purchase makes me feel better about it ;)  

Thanks! Mine are 8 and 10, they love MineCraft (X360) and Disney Xfinity (Wii U).. I hear you about them not hopping on the PS4 being good for me, but I dunno, having the kids get excited about the new purchase makes me feel better about it ;)  

Exactly - I kind of miss playing the Lego games with them and Little Big Planet  - I think LBP3 had it's issues at launch but that looks like a fun co-op game, especially the user created levels. 

My wife rags on us for all the gaming we do, but she's missing out on quality time with them - we'd have a blast creating things in Minecraft together, and it's rare to find a game that has 4-way split screen to boot.

My sister in law had gotten them laptops for Christmas (she's single with disposable income, so better her than me), and they've been glued to PC games ever since. Oh well.

My youngest once said to me 'Are they ever going to come out with a 2-player Skyrim?'

Brought a tear to me eye. 

Exactly - I kind of miss playing the Lego games with them and Little Big Planet - I think LBP3 had it's issues at launch but that looks like a fun co-op game, especially the user created levels.

My wife rags on us for all the gaming we do, but she's missing out on quality time with them - we'd have a blast creating things in Minecraft together, and it's rare to find a game that has 4-way split screen to boot.

My sister in law had gotten them laptops for Christmas (she's single with disposable income, so better her than me), and they've been glued to PC games ever since. Oh well.

My youngest once said to me 'Are they ever going to come out with a 2-player Skyrim?'

Brought a tear to me eye.

I would much rather them gaming then watching tv or YouTube.. So much better for thier little brains .. I try and encourage gaming, minecraft for them is basically a modern version of what Legos , lincoln logs and erector sets were for me

my 10 yo loved skyrim almost as much as me lol

I would much rather them gaming then watching tv or YouTube.. So much better for thier little brains .. I try and encourage gaming, minecraft for them is basically a modern version of what Legos , lincoln logs and erector sets were for me

my 10 yo loved skyrim almost as much as me lol

Youtube is friggin scary!  I walked away from my son watching a Minecraft Youtube for 5 minutes.  I came back and he was watching some video of the 10 most awesome deaths of all time with some dude's face getting blown off!  5 minutes!  It's like click related video 3 times and you're in some 3rd dimension of hell on Youtube!

Yeah, FFXIII was pretty terrible. It gets better toward the middle of the game when it opens up a little and you can start doing a few side quests. Other than that it's very linear and not so good for a Final Fantasy game. I didn't really care for any of the characters much, either. Maybe Fang, Vanille and Sazh but that's about it.

That said, don't give up on the series just yet. "Final Fantasy XIII-2" is a vast improvement. It's much more open-ended and there's a lot more to do (there's even a Gold Saucer-inspired gaming area. It's not as fun as the actual Gold Saucer was, but it's the thought that counts I guess). There are only two playable characters but you can recruit monsters and chocobos to fight with you. I liked the battle system a little better in that one, too.

"Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns" falls somewhere in the middle between those two. Lots of quests and things to do but only one playable character throughout the whole thing so it's kind of meh in some ways. I did like experimenting with the outfits and weapon combinations. (And I really like dressing up my female video game characters in different clothes. I have issues.) I just finished that one up a couple of weeks ago and I had fun with it. I even posted an Achievement Guide for it on GameFAQs.

As far as Hope goes, he's at his worst in FFXIII. He appears grown up in the second one and actually comes off like a well-adjusted human being. He's all over "Lightning Returns" as well, and is constantly telling you where you need to go and what you need to do. It's more annoying than whiny but you'll still want to punch him in the face at times.

In short, hang in there. It gets better.

Finished it. It did get better.

As for the sequels, if I can get them for under a tenner, I'll try them. Managed to get XIII for €7.

I have a PS4 I bought around black Friday still sitting in the box unopened.  I've bought games for it including Alien Iso, Far Cry4, Wolfenstein, Shadow or Mordor, Evil Within but haven't opened those either. 

I've been trying to play through PS3 games I have before putting that system in my sons room.  Currently on LA Noire (I know it's old) which has been pretty fun.  Bought Assassins Creed 2 - Black Flag but stopped half way through 2..  kinda boring.

Still have XCom, Splinter Cell, AC Black Flag, and a couple others to play but getting antsy to try out the 4... 

Also read about this free "playable trailer" called PT which is supposed to be for the new Silent Hill coming out next year.  Apparently is was pretty cool stuff.  I like the horror game genre.  Anyone try it?

You have a PS4 sitting in the box for 4 months while you play through 10 year old last gen games?

I'll lmao if the thing is bricked when you open it and you are now outside your return window

You have a PS4 sitting in the box for 4 months while you play through 10 year old last gen games?

I'll lmao if the thing is bricked when you open it and you are now outside your return window

It's still in the ******* box.  Things winding down after a busy couple months so should be able to race through the couple PS games I have left.  I've got an unopened PS4 and like 8 unwrapped games. 

It's still in the ******* box.  Things winding down after a busy couple months so should be able to race through the couple PS games I have left.  I've got an unopened PS4 and like 8 unwrapped games. 

Well.. nobody ever accused you of being the sharpest knife in the draw. Hasn't the price come down since then too?

Well.. nobody ever accused you of being the sharpest knife in the draw. Hasn't the price come down since then too?

you've inspired me...  unpacking it and hooking it up after I finish this chicken finger sub.

and no..  price was only 325 for a black friday special so figured then was the time to nab it.  As of 5 seconds ago it's still 399 on Amazon.

you've inspired me...  unpacking it and hooking it up after I finish this chicken finger sub.

and no..  price was only 325 for a black friday special so figured then was the time to nab it.  As of 5 seconds ago it's still 399 on Amazon.

Well.. after having Xbox live for probably almost 10 years, and never having experianced an outage.. Tonight, my first night with my first every playstation, I go to play at 8pm.. network down, and still down.. ****er

Worst part is that i created my account and everything this afternoon, then let my daughter play for a bit. Once their mother picked up the kids, I upgraded the hard drive to 2 TB, which worked great.. except it deletes all user info. Now I can't even sign into my account and play offline, nor can I download Last of Us which was my plan for the evening. SOB.. Apparently the lizard squad is taking credit for DDOS'ing them.. sh*t bags.. it wouldn't surprise me if Shane is a member in good standing with them

Outside of that, I've been an Xbox guy all since the first version and it's surprising how foreign all of this feels. The controller, the buttons, the UI.. all going to take awhile to get used to..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/05/15/psn-is-down-and-lizard-squad-claims-credit/

PSN Is Down And Lizard Squad Is Claiming Credit

Comment Now Follow Comments 

Lizard Squad may be working again: they’re at least claiming they are. If you’re looking to get some Destiny in to get ready for the upcoming House of Wolves expansion, you may have some trouble if you’re trying to play on either Sony’s PS3 or PS4. Fans are reporting sign-in issues across the twittersphere, and Sony recently updated the official Playstation page to list services as “experiencing issues,” saying: “You may be experiencing issues related to signing in or creating an account on PlayStation®Network. We appreciate your patience while we address this.”

“Looks like Lizard Squad are back? #psndown ;(” tweets Youtuber Crazy Teddy.

It’s understanding that gamers could be a little bit twitchy: the infamous DDOS group Lizard Squad brought both Xbox Live and PSN down for five days surrounding Christmas, rendering thousands of newly-unwrapped consoles useless for people all over the world. Lizard Squad has talked in the past about responding to a locak of concern for gamers coming from major companies, but most of their attacks don’t seem to be ideologically motivated. As one of their Twitter accounts reads: “some lizards just want to watch the world burn.”

Still, just because Lizard Squad is claiming credit, doesn’t mean they did it: PSN does go own sometimes. Let’s hope this doesn’t last as long as the last one. More as the story develops…

close, I paid 395 but it came with the last us remastered

Well.. after having Xbox live for probably almost 10 years, and never having experianced an outage.. Tonight, my first night with my first every playstation, I go to play at 8pm.. network down, and still down.. ****er

Worst part is that i created my account and everything this afternoon, then let my daughter play for a bit. Once their mother picked up the kids, I upgraded the hard drive to 2 TB, which worked great.. except it deletes all user info. Now I can't even sign into my account and play offline, nor can I download Last of Us which was my plan for the evening. SOB.. Apparently the lizard squad is taking credit for DDOS'ing them.. sh*t bags.. it wouldn't surprise me if Shane is a member in good standing with them

Outside of that, I've been an Xbox guy all since the first version and it's surprising how foreign all of this feels. The controller, the buttons, the UI.. all going to take awhile to get used to..

Haven't had an issue in months....figures I try to play Destiny for the first time in months and it's down...a big gfy to those douchebags.

Good idea on the HD upgrade, I did mine as well, couldn't be easier, except having to download all the games again.

Haven't had an issue in months....figures I try to play Destiny for the first time in months and it's down...a big gfy to those douchebags.

Good idea on the HD upgrade, I did mine as well, couldn't be easier, except having to download all the games again.

Yeah, that's why I did it right away. Last of Us alone is 50 GB, which would take basically 1/8 of available space..

Hey I had a question.. How do you have your kids accounts set up on this thing? Just local accounts, do they log in as you? DO they have their own PSN account? 

Yeah, that's why I did it right away. Last of Us alone is 50 GB, which would take basically 1/8 of available space..

Hey I had a question.. How do you have your kids accounts set up on this thing? Just local accounts, do they log in as you? DO they have their own PSN account? 

I haven't setup any another additional accounts, no so I can't help you there.

When you get settled in though send me a friend request - PSN = Fishooked