" Battle for No. 1 pick : Raiders, Jags, Bucs, Jets, Titans in running " ~ ~ ~

kelly

It was hilarious to watch the game, to see the BS praise that Carr gets, that no Jets QB would ever get.  Basically, 50% completion, with about 4 passes that should have been intercepted, and WRs making plays by outjumping CBs and fighting for the ball, yet the crew wax poetic about Carr.  They run a simple post route on third down, Carr gets about 8 seconds in the pocket, and throws to a guy that is covered, and barely completes it.  You would think normal stuff, nope.  Network breaks it down like the greatest QB play they've seen this year, "Oh the arm I tell ya, the rocket arm".  Next two passes were all but thrown to the other team, and they dropped it.  Any criticism?  Nope.   "Lets go back to that play Phil on third down, that was an amazing throw, and you can see why people are excited here in Oakland".   

He's a good QB prospect, don't get me wrong, but I just hate how if it were the Jets, they would've been bashing him left and right for anything he did.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was hilarious to watch the game, to see the BS praise that Carr gets, that no Jets QB would ever get.  Basically, 50% completion, with about 4 passes that should have been intercepted, and WRs making plays by outjumping CBs and fighting for the ball, yet the crew wax poetic about Carr.  They run a simple post route on third down, Carr gets about 8 seconds in the pocket, and throws to a guy that is covered, and barely completes it.  You would think normal stuff, nope.  Network breaks it down like the greatest QB play they've seen this year, "Oh the arm I tell ya, the rocket arm".  Next two passes were all but thrown to the other team, and they dropped it.  Any criticism?  Nope.   "Lets go back to that play Phil on third down, that was an amazing throw, and you can see why people are excited here in Oakland".   

He's a good QB prospect, don't get me wrong, but I just hate how if it were the Jets, they would've been bashing him left and right for anything he did.  

Carr is probably playing on the least talented roster in the NFL right now. Raiders suck, and Carr is one of the few bright spots on that team.

Carr is probably playing on the least talented roster in the NFL right now. Raiders suck, and Carr is one of the few bright spots on that team.

That roster on offense probably is about as talented as anything we've thrown out on offense the last three years.   Obviously not right now with Decker/Harvin, but before that, their roster is about as comparable to our offense apart from the QB position. 

I don't think Carr is bad, and he does have a bright future it looks like.  I just hate it when broadcasters go out of their way to build up some guys when they don't really do anything special.  I see it even with my own team, the Yankees, where John and Suzyn try to build up every little thing for a player they like.  "Ah I tell ya, that Ichiro, just knows how to play the game, showed off tremendous speed in beating out that double play because he knew the situation!" 

With the Jets, it's the complete opposite, everyone just waiting to pick things apart, or offer caveats to any fleeting success they do have.  

That roster on offense probably is about as talented as anything we've thrown out on offense the last three years.   Obviously not right now with Decker/Harvin, but before that, their roster is about as comparable to our offense apart from the QB position. 

I don't think Carr is bad, and he does have a bright future it looks like.  I just hate it when broadcasters go out of their way to build up some guys when they don't really do anything special.  I see it even with my own team, the Yankees, where John and Suzyn try to build up every little thing for a player they like.  "Ah I tell ya, that Ichiro, just knows how to play the game, showed off tremendous speed in beating out that double play because he knew the situation!" 

With the Jets, it's the complete opposite, everyone just waiting to pick things apart, or offer caveats to any fleeting success they do have.  

Not even close, the Jets have always had a decent running game for an offense the past three years. Raiders have no running game this year. Also, Holmes is better then every wr on that roster for the Raiders and that's saying something. Hell, Hill would probably be their number #1 receiver in the time that Vincent Brown was down.

The Raiders have much better wide receivers than what we threw out there last year. Andre Holmes, Streater, and Moore would beat anyone we had last year. Guys like Hill wouldn't be better because our guys (Holmes and Hill) are sitting on their couches right now, and our second most productive Wr from last year has joined them recently.

Our running game is better than theirs. But they had a good running game last year, and per attempt yards were pretty similar. They have downgraded this year. But the talent around the QB is not that different from what we threw out there last year, especially considering that Ivory was hurt for a few games as well.

The Raiders have much better wide receivers than what we threw out there last year. Andre Holmes, Streater, and Moore would beat anyone we had last year. Guys like Hill wouldn't be better because our guys (Holmes and Hill) are sitting on their couches right now, and our second most productive Wr from last year has joined them recently.

Our running game is better than theirs. But they had a good running game last year, and per attempt yards were pretty similar. They have downgraded this year. But the talent around the QB is not that different from what we threw out there last year, especially considering that Ivory was hurt for a few games as well.

Raiders-WR-James-Jones-fumbles-twice-in-

You were saying??

And are you ******* kidding me? They had a good running game last year? Carr wasn't even on the team last year.

amazing gif

Don't worry I got more.

mjdfumble.gif

That's the amazing running game of Oakland. Seriously, do people even watch the teams their commenting on? How anyone can suggest that the Raiders are just as talented as the Jets blows my mind. The Raiders have the worst roster in the league.

Funny thing on this play to is that Carr recovers the fumble. But he didn't throw it for a 1st down so he obviously sucks amirite?

Raiders-WR-James-Jones-fumbles-twice-in-

You were saying??

And are you ******* kidding me? They had a good running game last year? Carr wasn't even on the team last year.

Lol, oh sh*t, it's the gif argument. Let's throw up Peyton Manning gif from the super bowl, I'm sure that proves he's a loser.

I see you skipped right over the wide receivers argument, so let's hear this. How did we have a better WR/TE combo last year than the Raiders this year? Don't go with hypothetical bullsh*t like Holmes would be their number one or Hill would kill it there, or Nelson would dominate there because all three of them are sitting on their asses right now. So let's hear how out garbage dump offense was better.

Lol, oh sh*t, it's the gif argument. Let's throw up Peyton Manning gif from the super bowl, I'm sure that proves he's a loser.

I see you skipped right over the wide receivers argument, so let's hear this. How did we have a better WR/TE combo last year than the Raiders this year? Don't go with hypothetical bullsh*t like Holmes would be their number one or Hill would kill it there, or Nelson would dominate there because all three of them are sitting on their asses right now. So let's hear how out garbage dump offense was better.

What do you want to look at drop % for receivers? Cause guess what Raiders wr have a 4.8% drop rate this year, compared to the Jets 4.2% drop rate last year. Also, Raiders were rated as having the worst wr's in the league by Greg Rosenthal. You were saying?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you want to look at drop % for receivers? Cause guess what Raiders wr have a 4.8% drop rate this year, compared to the Jets 4.2% drop rate last year. Also, Raiders were rated as having the worst wr's in the league by Greg Rosenthal. You were saying?

Lol, using drop percentage now?  Guys like D. Thomas, Dez, and even Gronk have high drop percentages, doesn't make them losers.   

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-NFLOffenses2013/2/

Essentially ranks the Jets weapons dead last year.   

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2013

You can see two Oakland WRs coming out ahead before the first Jets option (kerley) even shows up.   Not to mention that our top guys from last year can't even make a team this year in Holmes, Hill, and Nelson.   

Would love to hear more about how we had a dynamic group.   

Lol, using drop percentage now?  Guys like D. Thomas, Dez, and even Gronk have high drop percentages, doesn't make them losers.   

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-NFLOffenses2013/2/

Essentially ranks the Jets weapons dead last year.   

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2013

You can see two Oakland WRs coming out ahead before the first Jets option (kerley) even shows up.   Not to mention that our top guys from last year can't even make a team this year in Holmes, Hill, and Nelson.   

Would love to hear more about how we had a dynamic group.   

Eric Decker is rated as the 4th best receiver on that list. Eat a dick.

Lol.  After his injury, he's disappeared.    And when he got injured, so did any semblance of our passing game.  

And I'm speaking as Decker fan.. but he's disappeared from the offense.

The tiny, tiny optimistic side of me says that with a new coach, OC and a  half decent QB, the group of Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Amaro and Ivory wont seem half bad.

And I'm speaking as Decker fan.. but he's disappeared from the offense.

The tiny, tiny optimistic side of me says that with a new coach, OC and a  half decent QB, the group of Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Amaro and Ivory wont seem half bad.

Yeah I think I'm similar in thinking that a new offensive system should help him out right now.  Harvin should theoretically help him, but I do think we need another outside WR.  I like Harvin's skillset from the slot so I wish they add someone like Cooper or Parker to the team as well, or maybe a free agent WR.  

Trades are a thing google it

Therein lies the problem for the Jets...I've been saying for months now to do whatever it takes to get the no. 1 pick, but I think Philly may be willing to do that and then some to get Chip Kelly's boy from Oregon.

OK Someone UPDATE the draft order, The Giants did their best to help us today as Lovie Shat the bed

Nothing has changed for the Jets - they're still stuck at the fifth spot (but will drop to 8 with a win tomorrow night). Jets lose tie breaker to all of the other two win teams (and three win teams), so they need those teams to win more games than the Jets over the final four games. Tenn and Jax play one more time, which would ensure us of leap frogging one of those teams if we lose out. Tenn also plays the Giants next week, which could also work in the jets favor.

Archived