2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trading Zuke makes no sense. They're trying to win a Cup this year. Hope Sather is bluffing

Would rathere trade Hagelin, who is  faster and has less tocuh, but is otherwise the same player. Last night is gonna get someone traded. They need a 3rd pair D and a forward who is more physical than either of those guys.

DOn't get Zucc's postion here. He's being offered a generous deal, basically what Max Paccioretty makes, though he hasn't prodcued like Pacioretty this year at all. Would hope the fact Callahan wound up getting a worse deal in Tampa than Sather offered last March migh factor into it.

Rangers acquire Keith Yandle from Arizona.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=755849&navid=nhl:topheads

Rangers acquire D-man Yandle from Coyotes: report
Sunday, 03.01.2015 / 5:00 PM / News
By NHL.com Staff

Share with your Friends

To:
490069_1425244712089.jpgRangers acquire D-man Yandle from Coyotes: report
The New York Rangers have acquired defenseman Keith Yandle from the Arizona Coyotes in a trade that includes Anthony Duclair, according to a report by TSN's Darren Dreger.

The New York Rangers acquired defensemen Keith Yandle and Chris Summers and a fourth-round draft pick from the Arizona Coyotes on Sunday for defenseman John Moore, forward prospect Anthony Duclair and a first- and a second-round pick, according to TSN's Darren Dreger, who also reports the Coyotes will retain 50 percent of Yandle's salary.

Yandle, 28, carries a $5.3 million salary-cap charge through the 2015-16 season. A two-time 50-point scorer, Yandle has 41 points in 63 games this season. He will help bolster the Rangers' depth on the blue line. He is also expected to contribute on the power play.

Duclair, 19, had a goal and six assists in 18 games with the Rangers. He was loaned to Canada to compete in the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship, and he had eight points (four goals) in seven games to help lead Canada to the gold medal. After World Juniors, Duclair was sent to the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

At World Juniors, Duclair played on the same line as Max Domi, considered to be one of the top prospects in the Arizona system.

The Rangers receive the Coyotes' fourth-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, according to the report, and the Coyotes get the Rangers' first-round pick in 2016 and second-round pick in 2015.

Moore, 24, played in 38 games for the Rangers this season, scoring six points

Zuke reupped.

Now if The King gets back.....

Yeah, reports were that Zuke told his reps to get the deal done with the Rangers, which broke the impasse.

The King is on schedule as well. His absence has helped the Rangers by raising the players efforts. He has been a crutch to them. Now if they play this way in front of him they should have another deep Cup run.

That's the biggest key for them is Lundqvist. They can't win a cup with Talbot as goalie. I don't think they make it out of the East either way, but they did a lot at the deadline to improve.

It is going to be interesting to see how sharp Lundqvist is once the playoffs start. He is going to need some time (2-3 weeks) to get into Lundqvist form.

The East is absolutely brutal this year with the Rangers, Islanders, Canadiens, Tampa, Detroit and Pittsburgh all at 80 points and above already.

Talbot really stepped up his game on this road trip. 3 goals allowed in four games and the save against Backstrom last night was flat out sick.

I feel alot better knowing that if Lundqvist can't go or maybe; dare we say Not Lundqvist when he gets back that we have a goalie that can really fill in and not have that major drop off that most teams have when they have to go to their backup.

From what they were saying last night Lundqvist sitll isn't taking shots from above the waist. That to me is concerning. You got to give the guy at least two maybe three weeks to really get his game sharp.

The Rangers have been on an incredible run since December 6, going 31-7-3.  That's insance.

I feel the same way, Shawn.  Talbot over these last 8 games has looked like a bonafide starting NHL goalie, and he's been a wall on this road trip.  This gives Hank the cushion he needs when he gets back.  Not taking shots above the waist is a bit concerning, but I think the NYR are being ultra cautious with him because they have been winning so big.  There is no need to rush him.

As long as Hank is back by the March 29th game against the Cap or there abouts, that will give him 2 full weeks and about 8 games to get ready for the playoffs.  The Caps game would be the second half of a back-to-back which is a perfect opportunity to start him.

I wasn't sure, so I looked it up on the net, (so it must be true, lol):           

"Beginning with the current CBA, a player must be 27 yrs old (regardless of service) OR have been in the NHL for 7 years AND at the end of their contract.

An example
Patrick Kane played his first NHL game at the age of 18. He will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st 2014 because he will have completed 7 seasons even though he'll only be 25

Fabian Brunnstrom will be 24 when he plays his first NHL game, he'll be eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, 2011 because he'll have reached the age of 27, despite not having played 7 years

So, basically, whichever comes first 7 years service or the age of 27, makes a player an unrestricted free agent.https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEVyr9Gw9Vy.4A4bJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzZWhpaGRyBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDU01FNzAzXzEEc2VjA3Ny?qid=20080716200106AA1Skj8

Rangers have been on an incredible run since December.  Hard to believe they're in striking distance of franchise best point total of 112.

As to Talbot, at least according to this article he won't be a FA until 2016, which is why they're talking about what NYRs can trade him for since he is sure to leave.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2015/3/19/8232541/what-can-cam-talbot-bring-back-in-a-trade

This is also a Hockey cap site which lists Talbot as a 2016 FA

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/freeagents.php?team=NYR&type=UFA&year=2016&pos=ALL

Holy crap that game was brutal. I think the Kings are just one of those teams that's a horrible matchup for the Rangers. It's like they negate speed with size and strength, and hardly ever seem to be out of position on anything. 

I'm really starting to despise the city of L.A. even more than I already do. 

Yeah, that was brutal.  The Kings wanted last night's game more, but they are a bad matchup.  That said, it was still only 2-1 going into the 3rd before Talbot gave up the early goal.  Still, he had 31 saves in 2 periods which is ridiculous.

As long as Hank is back by the March 29th game against the Cap or there abouts, that will give him 2 full weeks and about 8 games to get ready for the playoffs.  The Caps game would be the second half of a back-to-back which is a perfect opportunity to start him.

This rarely if EVER happens that I get something right, but (personal pat on the back), I called this one right with Hank.  Looks like he'll be back in net on Sunday.

RETURN OF THE KING!!!

Yeah, that was brutal.  The Kings wanted last night's game more, but they are a bad matchup.  That said, it was still only 2-1 going into the 3rd before Talbot gave up the early goal.  Still, he had 31 saves in 2 periods which is ridiculous.

This rarely if EVER happens that I get something right, but (personal pat on the back), I called this one right with Hank.  Looks like he'll be back in net on Sunday.

RETURN OF THE KING!!!

What if he struggles? How long is the Hank leash?

Super, super long I would think. He's basically the face of the franchise and I don't think they'd pull him unless he farts through a series of unmitigated disasters leading into the playoffs, even with Talbot and the Ginger Wonderkid playing well behind him. 

I bet he'll be okay, though. I'm no expert but it seems like the defense has been playing a lot better in front of the net over the past month or two. Hopefully he won't have to win games with his glove alone. 

I don't think Hank will be on any leash during the regular season as he gets back in shape.

AV has pulled Hank before in playoffs so I don't think this time will be different.

Mac is probably headed back to Hartford, after being the happiest human on earth for a month. Kid looked about 12 and was smiling ear to ear the whole time.

His in-game reactions were awesome. It was like one us us fans getting a chance to play.

Officially clinched a playoff spot. Now for home ice.

Thank God for this team. Between the Jets and the Knicks I have felt like taking a slow walk into oncoming traffic many a time over the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, the Rangers are the best team in NY and an elixir for the other team's woes.

I think they go for home ice over the next 5 games and start resting players. Have the first 2 at MSG every round will be huge.

This has been a hell of a team. NYR have 8 100 pt seasons in franchise history, and 2 of them have happened in last 4 yrs.

Yikes. I was out at an auction today and missed that Bruins game. Glad I did. Sounds like Lundqvist started getting more comfortable as the game went on, though. What happened exactly--did it seem like he was just rusty? 

Yikes. I was out at an auction today and missed that Bruins game. Glad I did. Sounds like Lundqvist started getting more comfortable as the game went on, though. What happened exactly--did it seem like he was just rusty? 

He was unsteady in the first period, kinda like Skapski in his first game. A bit slow, BUT the Rangers defensewas not up to par, and created chances for Boston by committing turnovers in the defensive zone.

He was unsteady in the first period, kinda like Skapski in his first game. A bit slow, BUT the Rangers defensewas not up to par, and created chances for Boston by committing turnovers in the defensive zone.

Supect the top 4 defensemen are gonna get a lot of ice time in the playoffs unless Klein gets healthy fast. McDonough and Girardi have looked ragged lately.

Archived