2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right. If they weren't missing their top four puck moving defensemen and playing AHL players they definitely wouldn't have been able to score. Letang is a Norris candidate. Stop.

I know. That's why Pens have lost 7 of the last 8 playoff games against the Rangers and essentially got swept during the regular season.

The Rangers were a bad match up for Pens. Deal with it.

Man I wish the pens were healthy. Good luck Rangers. You're going to need it.

Malkin was clearly not himself, but Fleury played very well and Crosby wasn't hurt. Says in today's paper Letang's career may be over from concussions which is very sad. Problem they have under the cap is that it's hard to have Crosby and Malkin and anything else(as an aside I hate caps. Otherwise smart businesspeople cannnot be trusted with their checkbooks when running sports franchise so they supress salaries instead is BS; but that's a reality). Obviously they will never trade Crosby, but who is signing up to pay Malkin almost $10 million in cap space and giving up comparable value? Only a really crappy team does that. Edmonton maybe? But is Malkin going there or would he "retire" to the KHL instead?

I know. That's why Pens have lost 7 of the last 8 playoff games against the Rangers and essentially got swept during the regular season.

The Rangers were a bad match up for Pens. Deal with it.

I didn't say they weren't. But a Letang, Erhoff or Maatta would have made a world of difference.

I didn't say they weren't. But a Letang, Erhoff or Maatta would have made a world of difference.

It didn't make a difference last year or in the regular season.

Pens may have beaten another team in the first round but they have a hard time against the Rangers.

Think about it. In the last 12 games against the Rangers, the Pens are 2-9-1 with one of their wins being a SO victory.

It didn't make a difference last year or in the regular season.

Pens may have beaten another team in the first round but they have a hard time against the Rangers.

Think about it. In the last 12 games against the Rangers, the Pens are 2-9-1 with one of their wins being a SO victory.

When did the Rangers and the Penguins play each other when the Penguins had their full compliment of players? I'll be waiting for your answer a while because there hasn't been a time. Enjoy your victory and move on to the next series, which you'll probably lose.

do rangers fans want the islanders ?  I am neutral to this debate

just curious

I was thinking about this today. I don't want to see either team; there's not a good matchup in the whole conference. Maybe the Isles I guess since it would take away some of the home-team advantage at the away games, and an all-NY series would be pretty cool.

Carl's gone crazy. He's been trolling, whining and eating sour grapes.

Rangers won, fair and square. Deal with it.

I have not trolled. I have not whined. I'm not eating sour grapes.

The Rangers did win fair and square. When did I say anything different?

Get over yourself.

When did the Rangers and the Penguins play each other when the Penguins had their full compliment of players? I'll be waiting for your answer a while because there hasn't been a time. Enjoy your victory and move on to the next series, which you'll probably lose.

LOL, and the last sentence isn't trolling?

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the Pens had their full compliment last year when they blew a 3-1 lead to Rangers, who themselves did not have their full complement of players. Both the Rangers and Pen players missed games against each other this year. That's hockey.

What's comical is your belief that at even strength the Pens would be better. There is no substantive evidence to support that belief so we can equate it to believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

LOL, and the last sentence isn't trolling?

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the Pens had their full compliment last year when they blew a 3-1 lead to Rangers, who themselves did not have their full complement of players. Both the Rangers and Pen players missed games against each other this year. That's hockey.

What's comical is your belief that at even strength the Pens would be better. There is no substantive evidence to support that belief so we can equate it to believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

The last sentence is an opinion. I think the Rangers will lose the next series they play. I wasn't impressed with them and now there is a blueprint on how to beat them.

Since 2009-2010, the Penguins have had the most man games lost in the NHL. I wonder how the Rangers would have done in the first round if they were missing 4 top defensemen, a top 6 forward, and having the second best player in the world playing through an injury. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. But you're right, it's hockey, and given all of that the Penguins played 5 tight games with a Rangers team that many said would blow through them. It didn't happen.

And yes, if the Pens and Rangers both had been 100% healthy, the Penguins team would have won the series. Period. Through December they were one of, if not the best, teams in hockey. Then the injuries started to pile up.

I was thinking about this today. I don't want to see either team; there's not a good matchup in the whole conference. Maybe the Isles I guess since it would take away some of the home-team advantage at the away games, and an all-NY series would be pretty cool.

Yep, there's no easy matchup here on out, but Isles-Rangers will be a lot of fun as a NY hockey fan.

Tampa has owned Montreal this year.

I like the Rangers over the Caps in 7. Just think all the games Holtby has played this year will catch up with him here. Tampa over Montreal in 6. 

I think it is destined that the Rangers go up against Callahan, Boyle and Stralman for all the marbles.

Tampa has owned Montreal this year.

I like the Rangers over the Caps in 7. Just think all the games Holtby has played this year will catch up with him here. Tampa over Montreal in 6. 

I think it is destined that the Rangers go up against Callahan, Boyle and Stralman for all the marbles.

That would be a fun series.

Montreal was deprived of the Finals by the Rangers last year. You know they'll be looking for payback if they can get a re-match.

Rangers are an odd top seed that plays better on road so leaving MSG with at least a split was key. Hank was unbelievable down stretch.

What's also encouraging is that NYR have kept Caps to 2 gg.

Archived