Are? You? Ready? Injustice Mafia Sign Up Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tell me you fags, I had a kid this year... anything cool in popular culture is lost on me. I'm still trying to find time to watch season 3 of The League for crying out loud.

The League is pure awesomeness but you need to be in complete isolation to watch it.  Every time Mrs Crusher walked in while I watched it she would just stare at me and walk out. LOL   One of the funniest purely hideous shows ever. 

The League is pure awesomeness but you need to be in complete isolation to watch it.  Every time Mrs Crusher walked in while I watched it she would just stare at me and walk out. LOL   One of the funniest purely hideous shows ever. 

Freaking love that show.  All of them are just insanely talented at what they do, and the writing is just perfect.

Btw I may be a daddy in like 48 hours if not sooner bc they just induced my wife so....if I'm a little shady guys that is why! I have egg on my face since I was trying to play and now we are in baby mode yikes but I hear this should be a phenomenal game so, if you will have me I can probably use the entertainment while we twiddle our thumbs waiting

Btw I may be a daddy in like 48 hours if not sooner bc they just induced my wife so....if I'm a little shady guys that is why! I have egg on my face since I was trying to play and now we are in baby mode yikes but I hear this should be a phenomenal game so, if you will have me I can probably use the entertainment while we twiddle our thumbs waiting

Good luck and blessings. Congratulations.

Congrats, that's awesome news, especially your first.

Oh, it's my wife's favorite show. She named her fantasy football team "Password is Taco".

No that was the other guy and the bitches were not pink, They were salmon. 

Are you sure? I'm talking about the guy that talked a bunch of junk about me at some point.

It was like post 5 on the first page LOL

It's a sign up thread, I didn't actually read any of it. Just jumped to the last post.

Wow, I was wondering how close you all were getting. Congrats!

Can I give you a little bit of advice? Mafia will be here, go be a Dad, and be the Husband your wife will need you to be. Soak up every bit of it, you don't get any re-do's and it's the most amazing thing you'll ever be part of. Just my $.02, I pretty much shut down everything in my life that first 2 weeks. I'm so glad I did. You won't want to take your eyes off the baby... I don't know how else to articulate it here. Cheers!

Take your Ape Sack off the guy's face nd let him have a chance to compete. U will wipe floor with him anyway so, let the smack talk motivate you

I'm not saying he shouldn't play. I'm just trying to remember who he is and whether or not I respect him. That's all. :P

It's a sign up thread, I didn't actually read any of it. Just jumped to the last post.

Wow, I was wondering how close you all were getting. Congrats!

Can I give you a little bit of advice? Mafia will be here, go be a Dad, and be the Husband your wife will need you to be. Soak up every bit of it, you don't get any re-do's and it's the most amazing thing you'll ever be part of. Just my $.02, I pretty much shut down everything in my life that first 2 weeks. I'm so glad I did. You won't want to take your eyes off the baby... I don't know how else to articulate it here. Cheers!

Awesome advice. Thank you

I guess I'll play it by ear. Popular vote is fine. If you guys think I'll probably be a drag you can vote me off the list I won't take offense. First timer here lol

Awesome advice. Thank you

I guess I'll play it by ear. Popular vote is fine. If you guys think I'll probably be a drag you can vote me off the list I won't take offense. First timer here lol

I'm not trying to get you booted out, and not concerned about you being a drag, bro. I just don't want you to regret taking time away from your baby and wife in the first days of your new life, to play mafia with us. Just friendly advice though, I'm not judging no matter what you do. I just remember for me, our baby came a week late, and that first week was supposed to just be my wife, the baby and I. Instead, 12 hours after she was born I had to drive to the airport and pick up my mother-in-law, because she planned on flying in a week after to help out. 

It killed me. I don't hold it against her, but I literally had just become a Dad. Having her with us was great, she stayed the whole week in the hospital with us, and she knew when to go for a walk to give us our time, and she knew when to help out and give advice. So it wasn't over-bearing, but there was an aspect to it that forced me to make sure her Mom was taken care of... which took away from my wife and baby. On top of that, everyone calling me kept taking me away from them. 

You'll see... I hope I'm not coming across as bitter or resentful, that's not the message. What I'm ultimately trying to say here is that you're going to be overwhelmed with stuff, so it's important that that moments in between are for your wife and baby. Not mafia. 

If you decide to play, that'd be awesome too. :D

I'm not trying to get you booted out, and not concerned about you being a drag, bro. I just don't want you to regret taking time away from your baby and wife in the first days of your new life, to play mafia with us. Just friendly advice though, I'm not judging no matter what you do. I just remember for me, our baby came a week late, and that first week was supposed to just be my wife, the baby and I. Instead, 12 hours after she was born I had to drive to the airport and pick up my mother-in-law, because she planned on flying in a week after to help out.

It killed me. I don't hold it against her, but I literally had just become a Dad. Having her with us was great, she stayed the whole week in the hospital with us, and she knew when to go for a walk to give us our time, and she knew when to help out and give advice. So it wasn't over-bearing, but there was an aspect to it that forced me to make sure her Mom was taken care of... which took away from my wife and baby. On top of that, everyone calling me kept taking me away from them.

You'll see... I hope I'm not coming across as bitter or resentful, that's not the message. What I'm ultimately trying to say here is that you're going to be overwhelmed with stuff, so it's important that that moments in between are for your wife and baby. Not mafia.

If you decide to play, that'd be awesome too. :D

That's good stuff. I thought for a few minutes about our having extended family wait a few days, but my wife would like the extra help and she had heard that people who didn't get that early help had regretted turning it down. Maybe you and I are luckier than we thought as new parents in that way. I have a few days at minimum until my wife may go into labor. I guess I'll take it in stride.

Somebody get Sharrow in here for D4.

One of my favorite moments in Mafia history was when Sharrow signed up to play in JiF's Capture the Ghey game and got a role PM, but JiF earnestly forgot that Sharrow was in the game and didn't put him on the initial player list, correcting the mistake only when Sharrow made a bunch of game-related posts and everyone was confused.

That's good stuff. I thought for a few minutes about our having extended family wait a few days, but my wife would like the extra help and she had heard that people who didn't get that early help had regretted turning it down. Maybe you and I are luckier than we thought as new parents in that way. I have a few days at minimum until my wife may go into labor. I guess I'll take it in stride.

A few days? I thought you said they induced her, shouldn't you be at the hospital already?

Brace yourself, it can be a roller coaster. If it doesn't go how your wife "planned", you have to reminder her that there's only the way it happens, there's no way to plan any of it, and ultimately getting the baby here safely is all that matters.

My wife went into labor at dinner time, she got to that 5-1-1 point with contractions at midnight, we ended up in triage at the hospital waiting for a bed until 5 AM. By the time they got her into a room of her own, she'd become exhausted and the contractions slowed. So they had to induce her, which we hoped to avoid. 

She took forever to fully dilate, and we had a moment where they sat her up and the baby's heart rate dropped to about 33% of where it had been all day. So within 20 seconds we had 3 doctors and like 5 nurses in the room. That was the only point in all of it where I panicked. I almost passed out actually. They had everything back to normal in about 2 minutes, got the baby calmed down and then they decided to increase the petosin and my wife asked for the epidural.

Original she thought she'd do alright without that stuff, but after 24 hours she was exhausted, couldn't move around anymore anyway. So she went for it. She ended fully dilated at like 9PM and we started pushing, but the baby couldn't fit down the birth canal. She wasn't facing the right direction. So by 11:30 she was on the table for the c-section.

I got in there, my wife was panicking about the c-section. Nothing had gone the way we "planned". As it turned out, the cord was around the baby's neck. That's why when they changed position, her heart rate dropped, and why she couldn't get down the birth canal. 

The whole thing is so intense dude. My wife ended up giving birth on Wednesday at midnight on the dot, so because of the c-section we had to stay an addition 5 days. We were there a full week.

A few days? I thought you said they induced her, shouldn't you be at the hospital already?

Brace yourself, it can be a roller coaster. If it doesn't go how your wife "planned", you have to reminder her that there's only the way it happens, there's no way to plan any of it, and ultimately getting the baby here safely is all that matters.

My wife went into labor at dinner time, she got to that 5-1-1 point with contractions at midnight, we ended up in triage at the hospital waiting for a bed until 5 AM. By the time they got her into a room of her own, she'd become exhausted and the contractions slowed. So they had to induce her, which we hoped to avoid. 

She took forever to fully dilate, and we had a moment where they sat her up and the baby's heart rate dropped to about 33% of where it had been all day. So within 20 seconds we had 3 doctors and like 5 nurses in the room. That was the only point in all of it where I panicked. I almost passed out actually. They had everything back to normal in about 2 minutes, got the baby calmed down and then they decided to increase the petosin and my wife asked for the epidural.

Original she thought she'd do alright without that stuff, but after 24 hours she was exhausted, couldn't move around anymore anyway. So she went for it. She ended fully dilated at like 9PM and we started pushing, but the baby couldn't fit down the birth canal. She wasn't facing the right direction. So by 11:30 she was on the table for the c-section.

I got in there, my wife was panicking about the c-section. Nothing had gone the way we "planned". As it turned out, the cord was around the baby's neck. That's why when they changed position, her heart rate dropped, and why she couldn't get down the birth canal. 

The whole thing is so intense dude. My wife ended up giving birth on Wednesday at midnight on the dot, so because of the c-section we had to stay an addition 5 days. We were there a full week.

//end marriage

One of my favorite moments in Mafia history was when Sharrow signed up to play in JiF's Capture the Ghey game and got a role PM, but JiF earnestly forgot that Sharrow was in the game and didn't put him on the initial player list, correcting the mistake only when Sharrow made a bunch of game-related posts and everyone was confused.

I don't remember that at all.

My only memory of that game is endless quizzes about Jifs likes, dislikes, and odd quirks.

Seriously the most bizarre experience of my life.

When I had my babies, I didn't want or need extra help. Daddy was there with me for a week each time, and we did fine after that. Just to give you a story from the other pov. 

Oh, everyone's situation and wants/needs are totally different. I never realized this until we were in the thick of it. That's for sure... 

Yeah it was this mild form of induction called stripping which is not pharmacologically induced. It could take a day or two for it to get going. Still, it didn't seem wise to drive 45 min to work and back and be on call.

That's intense on Momma Ape. Glad she was ok. I had a cord around my neck before I was born. 

Yeah it was this mild form of induction called stripping which is not pharmacologically induced. It could take a day or two for it to get going. Still, it didn't seem wise to drive 45 min to work and back and be on call.

That's intense on Momma Ape. Glad she was ok. I had a cord around my neck before I was born. 

Oh, that... yeah, they did that for my wife too. She also ate spicy food and pineapple. 

Archived