Are? You? Ready? Injustice Mafia Sign Up Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hola Amigos,

I'm good n drunk right now, as a pirate should be, but it's because I'm dealing with the sudden and completey unexpected death of loved one. I love that you guys are playing. Have a great game and I'm glad everybody is doing well!

Wes 

Sorry to hear, my man.

Take care.  Dont be a stranger. 

Tom -- Not sure he enjoyed his one experience.  We should have sent the large welcome basket with dildos instead of the medium sized one, clearly.

Tom actually played TWO games here.  But his excuse for never playing again was he "didn't want to ruin" our fun game.  lol.  I think the fact that he actually did enjoy playing IS the problem.  He can never be happy.

Hola Amigos,

I'm good n drunk right now, as a pirate should be, but it's because I'm dealing with the sudden and completey unexpected death of loved one. I love that you guys are playing. Have a great game and I'm glad everybody is doing well!

Wes 

Sorry to hear that man.  Blessings and hope to see you again soon.

I'm saying this now before the game starts so obviously no bias in any which way.

If we continue with the trend of lynching the most active people and letting the people with the worst activity go scott free I am not going to rage.

I'm just going to be done playing. It's not fun trying to play a game and getting crucified over and over while you watch other people who made the same commitment you did but failed to deliver do "better" and last longer. The worst kick to the gut is when they "win" by virtue of being so inactive that nobody really paid them any mind one way or another.

This isn't a knock against inactives (although they deserve their share of knocking) but a knock on players who zero in on active people but let inactives have a free pass. Stop doing it. Not only is it going to bite you one day when they're a SK or part of a mafia team but it also makes the game really disheartening for those of us who are active and get lynched for it as I noted above. I don't care if you lynch me but at least force the guy with like 5 posts to make some kind of statement first you know?

Guys - I guarantee you nobody will be inactive as a tactic in this game.  The mafia kill and any other scum powers will be tied into GRC (game related content) post triggers (yes, that means the mafia may get a kill or two before there's even a lynch).  So will townie powers.  Vanilla players slacking will help scum identify power roles.

Bottom line, this game is set up to encourage and reward activity, and neither town nor any scum factions will be able to win if their side is inactive.

I'm saying this now before the game starts so obviously no bias in any which way.

If we continue with the trend of lynching the most active people and letting the people with the worst activity go scott free I am not going to rage.

I'm just going to be done playing. It's not fun trying to play a game and getting crucified over and over while you watch other people who made the same commitment you did but failed to deliver do "better" and last longer. The worst kick to the gut is when they "win" by virtue of being so inactive that nobody really paid them any mind one way or another.

This isn't a knock against inactives (although they deserve their share of knocking) but a knock on players who zero in on active people but let inactives have a free pass. Stop doing it. Not only is it going to bite you one day when they're a SK or part of a mafia team but it also makes the game really disheartening for those of us who are active and get lynched for it as I noted above. I don't care if you lynch me but at least force the guy with like 5 posts to make some kind of statement first you know?

Pre game emo?  Oh boy this is gonna be good.

Guys - I guarantee you nobody will be inactive as a tactic in this game.  The mafia kill and any other scum powers will be tied into GRC (game related content) post triggers (yes, that means the mafia may get a kill or two before there's even a lynch).  So will townie powers.  Vanilla players slacking will help scum identify power roles.

Bottom line, this game is set up to encourage and reward activity, and neither town nor any scum factions will be able to win if their side is inactive.

Sounds nice.  Now say it slooooower.

I just want to hold you and tell you everything's gonna be alright.

wambulance_logo.jpg

Someone's butt hurt.  Come on dude....

A quick look over the last several games here show that JiF has been at end game in almost, Crush in almost every game, and even Pac/80/Arsis in a handful of games.

There is no "trend" of lynching the most active players.  Just looking at Hallia's Star Wars game...Nyn (the far and away post count leader) was the last NK and BG (the only of the super low post count folks) was run up a couple times, if memory serves me right.

You get lynched a lot, I get it -- but over recent games you had a mixed bag, especially if you count my Marvel vs DC game  where you/Hess survived til end game.

wambulance_logo.jpg

Someone's butt hurt.  Come on dude....

A quick look over the last several games here show that JiF has been at end game in almost, Crush in almost every game, and even Pac/80/Arsis in a handful of games.

There is no "trend" of lynching the most active players.  Just looking at Hallia's Star Wars game...Nyn (the far and away post count leader) was the last NK and BG (the only of the super low post count folks) was run up a couple times, if memory serves me right.

You get lynched a lot, I get it -- but over recent games you had a mixed bag, especially if you count my Marvel vs DC game  where you/Hess survived til end game.

If I am scum, then Nolder will be alive the whole game. LOL

So, this is probably a bad time to let everyone know that my activity will be limited, eh?

AVM there is a trend. It's mostly a DM thing but I think it's catching on here.

Everyone ignored Smash (until he picked his game up), Hallia (until she was replaced), and Pac (until he was replaced).

The SK could have easily been Pac/Hess and they would have been at a significant advantage because no one had really made them take any sides in the early game. 

I'm not mad at Jif and I'm not trying to demean your win.

I'm just not having fun playing mafia when this crap happens.

Real talk.

AVM there is a trend. It's mostly a DM thing but I think it's catching on here.

Everyone ignored Smash (until he picked his game up), Hallia (until she was replaced), and Pac (until he was replaced).

The SK could have easily been Pac/Hess and they would have been at a significant advantage because no one had really made them take any sides in the early game. 

I'm not mad at Jif and I'm not trying to demean your win.

I'm just not having fun playing mafia when this crap happens.

Real talk.

1 -- if it's a DM trend, I can't really speak to that...but the non-DMers here have always been a different crowd.  Don't mean that in a good or bad way.

2 -- You didn't demean my win lol

3 -- We've had several times over the course of the mafia here that people had gripes like this.  The response would be to run up inactives no matter what and it stifled legitimate scum hunting.  It eventually got to the point where we'd run the lowest vote count up, they'd reveal and make an "activity" post and we'd move on to the next lowest. 

Overall I haven't really noticed it here to be honest...and the issue with Pac last game was more of an exception than anything I'd point to as a trend.  I think it was generally understood he was going to be replaced eventually.

I'm not going to argue about it.

I'm just trying to communicate why I haven't been having as much fun in mafia and what I identify as the problem.

I've spent a long time blaming inactives but really they wouldn't do what they do if townies would stop letting them get away with it.

Yes running inactives up "stifles" legitimate scumhunting but it's not the act of running them up that does it it's the fact that people are inactive in the first place. It severely undermines the game. Here I go arguing again though. Whatever. Let's just try to have a fun game. That's all I want.

Archived