What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

Wow. You've been harping on this for a week. Does it really matter if Scout fudges their numbers?

If what I have to say doesn't interest you perhaps you should just stop reading my posts. And what's bothering me most is not the fudging of the numbers. It's that I was hoodwinked into signing up for a board with unethical policies. And probably the worst was the huge jump in spam that came with it.

• Upvote 1

Well, I never signed out but I'm not showing as signed in when I had a look just now.

And I didn't even notice the spam, Google took care of that nice & quickly.

Yes, there are some difficult-to-explain behaviors associated with that board. For example, I have received no direct emails from Scout. But I have experienced a flood of spam from third-party spammers. Unlike the old board, which had an explicit policy of never sharing emails (despite the fact that the email list was apparently sold anyway), Scout has an explicit policy of sharing it. I even tried to "unjoin" the board but could not find a way to do it. I contacted the "contact us" address asking how to do it but got no reply.

Checked briefly today and.....Didn't think it possible...but the board is even worse...the forum version that looked like the old JI is, it seems,.no longer available and all you can access is the hideous whitish looking listing thing that looks like it was created by a Web designer in 1987 on a Kaypro 8 bit server as a Junior High School class project.

And yes, despite logging out, I'm still trapped there. They must need my email for spam ticket offers

Thanks again, Max for being there for us

wonder if it is still showing me signed in.......I can't if i wanted to sign in because it says i have to pick a plan is it not free anymore?

wonder if it is still showing me signed in.......I can't if i wanted to sign in because it says i have to pick a plan is it not free anymore?

Couldn't tell you

The new hideous display no longer shows a list of those "on line"

It does show about 4 posts at the landing strip.in the last 3 hours all in a thread about Woody's comments to Myers which they've somehow misread as him having NOT decided to remove Ryan and Idzik.

I've read that article three times and once again after this visit to Scout and can't see how THAT inaccurate conclusion could be reached

Here's what it's saying right now :

170 USERS ONLINE

And nine threads that have been posted in today ...

I think the highwater mark shortly after the closedown was 240 or so...looks like it is trending back to the 90 or so Scout regulars who were always there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a sale going on now you can get - - a premium membership for 9months for the price of 1month. Of course you are the only member but still"............

I received that email and was surprised.  I am not an expert when it comes to sales. What I do know is if people don't see the value in something, they won't buy it, even with a heavy discounted rate. 

The head of marketing, that I met with when I went to Scout's NY office, seems like he left the organization. Happened a few months ago, he sent me a LinkedIn request today. Pretty interesting that he is already not there, because he was pretty new. And they pitched him as a big reason why their vision would work.

I received that email and was surprised.  I am not an expert when it comes to sales. What I do know is if people don't see the value in something, they won't buy it, even with a heavy discounted rate. 

The head of marketing, that I met with when I went to Scout's NY office, seems like he left the organization. Happened a few months ago, he sent me a LinkedIn request today. Pretty interesting that he is already not there, because he was pretty new. And they pitched him as a big reason why their vision would work.

Max, have you ever communicated in any way with "The Soothsayer"?  Send him a basket of fruit or flowers after the Scout sale went thru?