What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

So, I chatted with a former Scout employee today. Someone at a pretty high level. He told me, "You made the right decision"....he was talking about the decision we made to not join the Scout network.

I don't recall Sooth ever saying if he took the buy-out option or the partnership option.

Scout obviously prefers the partnership plan cause there's no risk for them if no upfront money is paid out. Am I right?

Listen I know you were mad when Hitman found your 50 year old birthday you tube video, and posted it then the hilarity ensued, which i put a stop to because i felt it wasn't fair that you were there to defend yourself, but you outed yourself and deleted the thing from being played on the site. So stop making fake handles sar you have 600 people there who love hating you. You should be proud.  By the way I'm relaying your messages to the site since your so afraid to post under your name there.  And i asked everyone to come over for some mafia games weekly , and friendly jokes in the lounge. If its ok with Max. I think the guy earlier was correct we can compliment each other these two very different places. Ill get some guys over here to keep you company sar

Looking forward to seeing you around here a bit, spicing up the Lounge.

• Upvote 1

I don't recall Sooth ever saying if he took the buy-out option or the partnership option.

Scout obviously prefers the partnership plan cause there's no risk for them if no upfront money is paid out. Am I right?

I have no first hand knowledge, so I am speculating. But when I spoke with them they said, "it is in your best interest to partner with us. We will build your site up and then you can sell it in 3 years for much more than it is worth now".  They guesstimated that they would triple us in size. As a point of reference we had over a million plus page views and 150,000 visits in the past 30 days (in the offseason). So I was very skeptical that they could triple that.

I did have the impression that there was money to be had, even on a partnership deal. I think that is what they took (partnership maybe for two years, but I am guessing). They offered to fly to meet me, so they obviously had a budget. I never signed the NDA so we didn't get to speak about money.  I saw all of their revenue splits and wasn't impressed.

So glad I didn't sign the NDA, I like being able to speak about this stuff freely. :)

• Upvote 2

I ended up reading that thread that pic came from. Can't believe it's 7 years old.

Link? I lost all my subscribed threads when we switched from vbulletin to ip. I can't even reopen my locked "I'm giving away rep for xmas" thread for Xmas either. Look at all these posters who are down and out because I didn't give them rep for xmas.

Link? I lost all my subscribed threads when we switched from vbulletin to ip. I can't even reopen my locked "I'm giving away rep for xmas" thread for Xmas either. Look at all these posters who are down and out because I didn't give them rep for xmas.

Rep? whats that?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

LOL at SAR politicking against the Hampur on JN, where none of us give a **** that they wouldn't let him in on the jokes. Jesus Christ this guy's online presence is rank with deep-rooted emotional issues that probably date back to that 8th grade lunch table he just referenced. 

Not enough rep can be sent your way for this post. That he continually harped on that analogy makes me believe that your observation is closer to the truth than he'd ever admit. 

I also think the average age of posters here on JN is higher. 

I'd love it if I got the chance to cut you and maybe someone like Jetworks (he seems ticklish) in half to count the rings and compare.

As of today, 46 rings.  :winking0001:

It only makes them want it more

The D, right?

They want it.

Bad.

1529094-wtf.gif

Don't hate, Frenchy. You guys aren't the only romantics in the room.

is this the part where someone tells you to go and set up your own site then, and take your flunkies with you?

Anyways,

• Upvote 1

is this the part where someone tells you to go and set up your own site then, and take your flunkies with you?

Anyways,

OMG I forgot about that thread and how much fun we used to have on this board.

heres another classic from 4/1/08 TX's return lol

Im surprised this thread still has legs.  It made me go check out the new JI for a bit and yeah they pretty much fell apart. Looking at the post counts they are eseentially down to being a start up forum.  The way Scout is set up Im not even sure you would find it. Their NFL page looks completely outdated with 2014 free agent listings. None of it even really fits together.  

• Upvote 1

Im surprised this thread still has legs.  It made me go check out the new JI for a bit and yeah they pretty much fell apart. Looking at the post counts they are eseentially down to being a start up forum.  The way Scout is set up Im not even sure you would find it. Their NFL page looks completely outdated with 2014 free agent listings. None of it even really fits together.  

But...but..Scout promised Sooth they'd take JI to the next level. They promised Sooth would be the next Zuckerberg. He already saw it coming, JI stocks, JI on Wall Street, selling JI to Google for 83 billion dollars. Turns out Scout is a piece of sh*t website, run by idiots who offer any somewhat big community/message board Admin chump change to vanish uh I mean "to merge". Poor Sooth. I hope he enjoys the payout he got, whatever that amount was.

• Upvote 1

I have no first hand knowledge, so I am speculating. But when I spoke with them they said, "it is in your best interest to partner with us. We will build your site up and then you can sell it in 3 years for much more than it is worth now".  They guesstimated that they would triple us in size. As a point of reference we had over a million plus page views and 150,000 visits in the past 30 days (in the offseason). So I was very skeptical that they could triple that.

I did have the impression that there was money to be had, even on a partnership deal. I think that is what they took (partnership maybe for two years, but I am guessing). They offered to fly to meet me, so they obviously had a budget. I never signed the NDA so we didn't get to speak about money.  I saw all of their revenue splits and wasn't impressed.

So glad I didn't sign the NDA, I like being able to speak about this stuff freely. :)

You obviously made the right choice, though it would kill me to not know the offer.

The fact they want it kept hush-hush means it must be low and they're afraid it will scare away future recruits if word spread.

Either that or they wanna keep each offer unique so you can't compare your offer to what others got.

I wonder if tripling your size means from where it is currently or after they first reduce it down to jurassic numbers like where JI is now.

That had to be the greatest top 10 list ever.

I just laughed my ass off again at #5.

Sorry Frank.

Sperm was dwc and made that avatar of his real face on mighty mouse. Bob was Tom shane and I think I was jf16. Don't remember who was Jets/Bosoxfan. We had banned users back, fake mods, fake mod forum a special guest appearance by Sean deegan ( who's ip addy was redirected to ihop.com by beans lol) that night was fun as hell.

another convert from JI.  not a big poster but big lurker. 

i can't imagine Sooth thought the transition would be this bad.  i think he expected some drop off.  but JI went from one of the best (along with this site) to basically nothing in the matter of months.  really sucks for him.

question is: Does he care?