What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

Don't sell yourselves short. You're going to be tested. I can see the future.

Goes something like this:JI shuts down.

Full-on exodus from Scout begins.

JN gets the bulk of the userbase. This is good. It deserves the traffic.

The good-posters-turned-bad-moderators on JI turn back into good posters again on JN. This is good.

The Hangar clique will lobby hard and endlessly about recreating it on JN. This must be avoided at all costs.

The Blind Homers will behave at first but will eventually push you to your limits. And this is the critical moment.

As a Moderator drawn into a dispute between a Blind Homer (Yeah! Go Jets!) and a Disgruntled Realist (Boo! Rex Ryan Sucks!) your instincts will be to favor the Blind Homer because they are fighting for something positive and that is how they get away with their personal attacks and anti-community behavior. Fortunately, unlike JI moderators, you guys actually participate in the main board, you don't hide in some lounge mocking what you've allowed to happen to the very members you're supposed to protect.

Don't grandfather in JI Moderators. Leave your group alone.

Don't tolerate Blind Homers. You know their names. Ray Ray, sg3, Jet Nut the biggest offenders in case you don't.

Don't recreate The Hangar. It's the genesis of all the ill-will.

A month from now, this is what you'll be facing. That, and an even uglier Jets record making for a very grumpy fanbase and a potentially volitile merger with JI ex-pats. Stand your ground. Only God can make a tree.

SAR I

I look forward to the influx of new blood, and feel pretty good about JN maintaining its current flavor. We're a pretty big community in our own right, I don't see us getting overrun. Doesn't hurt that a couple of the worst posters over there have already announced that they won't be coming here. Lol.

And Max will be pleased to hear that his policy of only making his worst posters mods is paying off.

• Upvote 1

I may regret asking this, but are there/were there any advantages (other than familiarity) that JI offered that don't exist on this site? I know that the posters on this site can come off as clique-y to new posters so it's hard to gain traction, but other than that, why resist posting here?

I think it's a loyalty thing, Tom. We're Jets fans, we are pre-disposed to being loyal to things, even if they give us nothing back in return.

I think it's a loyalty thing, Tom. We're Jets fans, we are pre-disposed to being loyal to things, even if they give us nothing back in return.

Yeah, that's about it.  In those days, I posted way too much and didn't want to introduce a second site into the mix to waste even more time.  These days I don't have the time to even keep up with things here, so one site is still the way to go.

I don't go as far back as many here but when I found this place it was a comfort zone for Jets fans to speak openly about team issues and opinions on the entire thing. We haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969 not everyone agrees why but we are all in the same boat. New members are always great to any organization but a mass of new members coming in from a defunct site could cause its problems. 

• Upvote 2

God forbid you ever put down Sarah Palin.  You would be banned faster than the spin cycle on SAR's Kenmore front loader.

I think one of the smarter things Max did here was establish a strict no politics rule. It's probably the only thing we're really strict about.

I may regret asking this, but are there/were there any advantages (other than familiarity) that JI offered that don't exist on this site? I know that the posters on this site can come off as clique-y to new posters so it's hard to gain traction, but other than that, why resist posting here?

This place is definitely a bit clique-y. But JI was too.

The sarcasm on here takes a little getting used to. I'll be honest, I took your posts seriously when I first came here. Eventually I realized you're just a ballbreaker.

• Upvote 1

God forbid you ever put down Sarah Palin.  You would be banned faster than the spin cycle on SAR's Kenmore front loader.

That - right there - tells you everything you need to know about that situation/individual.

The need to be as far away from him as the laws of the universe permit is paramount.

• Upvote 1

I think he's on TheGangGreen.

It's a shame what happened with him. He was great when posting on football-related topics. The politics forum and becoming a mod got the best of him.

And Jet Addicts.. It wasn't only the political forum power went to his head like a hall monitor in the 5th grade.. :winking0001:

I think he's on TheGangGreen.

It's a shame what happened with him. He was great when posting on football-related topics. The politics forum and becoming a mod got the best of him.

I actually liked Hammer, he treated me very well over there.

He was actually a great football poster (except his Power Rankings), knew the game very well.

I actually liked Hammer, he treated me very well over there.

He was actually a great football poster (except his Power Rankings), knew the game very well.

I agree. I don't know what happened with the guy over there. I wasn't going there when he was a mod so I don't know the details, but before I came here he was one of my favorite posters there.

Was very surprised when he showed up here, and was greeted with so much hostility.

I agree. I don't know what happened with the guy over there. I wasn't going there when he was a mod so I don't know the details, but before I came here he was one of my favorite posters there.

Was very surprised when he showed up here, and was greeted with so much hostility.

Bc he sent about 20 insane personal threats to EY

The approved politics only rule is precisely the same here as it was there.

Yeah, that's not true. We're pretty diligent about removing anything political as quickly as possible. Some more benign posts that won't start an argument might slip thru occasionally, maybe, but that's about it.

If you find a post that you feel is an example of "approved politics only," feel free to pm with a link (don't post them, pm me, please). Thing is, I can guarantee you that if one mod approves it, there's another who definitely doesn't. Lol.

Yeah, that's not true. We're pretty diligent about removing anything political as quickly as possible. Some more benign posts that won't start an argument might slip thru occasionally, maybe, but that's about it.

If you find a post that you feel is an example of "approved politics only," feel free to pm with a link (don't post them, pm me, please). Thing is, I can guarantee you that if one mod approves it, there's another who definitely doesn't. Lol.

You filthy hippie.

I have to admit that the number (as an overall %) of "negative" fans has been a little intimidating. I feel that posting positive Jets stuff does seem to get you labeled as a sunshine and lollipops sort of poster around here.

• Upvote 3

I have to admit that the number (as an overall %) of "negative" fans has been a little intimidating. I feel that posting positive Jets stuff does seem to get you labeled as a sunshine and lollipops sort of poster around here.

That's why we need Ray Ray to brighten the place up a bit.

:)

Poster named Jets fan RI just posted this on JI. Thought I would bring it to your attention

"I am trying to sign up at JN. The last step is email confirmation. It says 10 minutes tops to get the confirmation email. I have been waiting for mine for 2 hours. When it didn't show up after 20 minutes, I wrote to the board's "contact us." Still no response. And yes, I have been checking my spam folder regularly. Is something wrong with the signup process over there?"

Does Hammer post on any Jets boards or did he just drop off the face of the earth?

I haven't seen him but I guess others have. Anybody that has that level of blind homerism never adds much relevance to a board in my book. Then to be in position to try and dictate that to others is a bad scene. Obviously he's got emotional issues.