What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

The way Sooth's thread is going a good question would be, who's going to get the final ban.

I suspect Sooth will get the final post, explaining how great things are going over at Scout.

Another good question is going to be, what is going to happen to the press credentials? Clearly JI is going to lose 80% of their posters, even the mods have jumped ship to Ragu's. Are the Jets' really going to allow a small board to hold press credentials? Will the now biggest board get them? Max smiling.

Stay tuned

Not sure about press passes but we dont apply anymore. the Jets are really cool us now, glenn has had a player interview pretty much every Friday throughout the season.

we can cover the team fine from the box seats we sit in lol

The way Sooth's thread is going a good question would be, who's going to get the final ban.

I suspect Sooth will get the final post, explaining how great things are going over at Scout.

Another good question is going to be, what is going to happen to the press credentials? Clearly JI is going to lose 80% of their posters, even the mods have jumped ship to Ragu's. Are the Jets' really going to allow a small board to hold press credentials? Will the now biggest board get them? Max smiling.

Stay tuned

Funny I made this post about who would be the final ban. It might be me. Just went over there to find out I've been banned. I'm crushed

Funny I made this post about who would be the final ban. It might be me. Just went over there to find out I've been banned. I'm crushed

You were probably doing too much promoting of other sites. It's amazing how that place deteriorated over the years, transforming from a very welcoming environment into the Gestapo. All sorts of interesting posters were banned, posters who gave the place variety and interest. Very unfortunate.

• Upvote 1

You were probably doing too much promoting of other sites. It's amazing how that place deteriorated over the years, transforming from a very welcoming environment into the Gestapo. All sorts of interesting posters were banned, posters who gave the place variety and interest. Very unfortunate.

that was what we experienced in 2004 and why jet nation was launched.

I actually anticipated being banned. It was the timing of it that was weird. About a month and a half ago Sooth made a a post, that IMO was somewhat arrogant. To paraphrase, he basically said that if you didn't like the move, hit the road, and listed several sites they could go to. JN was one of them. That was the first time I had seen JN on the board with out the ******. So I openly started directing people here. No body said anything. No warnings nothing.

A few days ago I started, along with J N, posted the link to Ucrenagades new site. Today, I believe the last day of JI I got banned.

Most peculiar

I had to peek at that place the curiosity got to me

what an awful lay-out

shudders

Same here with all this talk my curiosity got the best of me.  My  only concern as we speak is this SAR I guy who defected over he's a very judgmental egotistical person who acts like he's got money but that usually means in debt up to his ass. Anyone can drive a BMW sign and drive and anyone can own PSLs nothing about him impresses me especially when he tries to act all high and mighty by calling non-season ticket holders blue collar slobs not a fan of SAR I. 

• Thumb Down 1

Same here with all this talk my curiosity got the best of me.  My  only concern as we speak is this SAR I guy who defected over he's a very judgmental egotistical person who acts like he's got money but that usually means in debt up to his ass. Anyone can drive a BMW sign and drive and anyone can own PSLs nothing about him impresses me especially when he tries to act all high and mighty by calling non-season ticket holders blue collar slobs not a fan of SAR I.

SAR has spent a lot of time cultivating this internet persona of his. If you really don't like it, you'd be better served ignoring it.

Same here with all this talk my curiosity got the best of me. My only concern as we speak is this SAR I guy who defected over he's a very judgmental egotistical person who acts like he's got money but that usually means in debt up to his ass. Anyone can drive a BMW sign and drive and anyone can own PSLs nothing about him impresses me especially when he tries to act all high and mighty by calling non-season ticket holders blue collar slobs not a fan of SAR I.

I don't mind you expressing your point of view but I do mind you making it look like you aren't the one who started with all the judgement. I'd be happy to compile all your unprovoked posts sent in my direction if you like; if you don't like my responses, don't post the barbs to begin with.

SAR has spent a lot of time cultivating this internet persona of his. If you really don't like it, you'd be better served ignoring it.

People love me. I don't get this guy.

SAR I

Its not an issue in SAR I s honor I bought a bag of stale pretzels at the Dollar Store some cotton candy and a bottle of RC cola I'm gonna sit in my basement Monday night and watch the game on a 13" black and white TV sitting on an old smelly recliner I picked up today near a clothing donation bin because I'm a worthless useless blue collar slob who doesn't deserve any better because I didn't buy PSLs. 

cha0070.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't mind you expressing your point of view but I do mind you making it look like you aren't the one who started with all the judgement. I'd be happy to compile all your unprovoked posts sent in my direction if you like; if you don't like my responses, don't post the barbs to begin with.

People love me. I don't get this guy.

SAR I

Think again.  Your "SAR I" sig automatically certifies you as a jerkoff.  The content of your posts seals the deal.

• Upvote 2

Its not an issue in SAR I s honor I bought a bag of stale pretzels at the Dollar Store some cotton candy and a bottle of RC cola I'm gonna sit in my basement Monday night and watch the game on a 13" black and white TV sitting on an old smelly recliner I picked up today near a clothing donation bin because I'm a worthless useless blue collar slob who doesn't deserve any better because I didn't buy PSLs.

That's the ticket.

SAR I

I actually believe JI will last most of Sunday. Sooth said the place will go read-only the weekend of the 29th. Ending Sunday would be consistent with that. Heck, boatloads of folks could be banned after you,

LOL your probably right. Dang I was hoping to be the one.

Most likely would be a great promotion for Max to run. Some kind of JN prize to the last casualty at JI

• Upvote 1

Holy crap one would have hoped that petty differences would have been left back at the other site. Let's face it this bickering crap is really frigging boring and if JW12 and Sar have a problem with each other than bring it over to the private messages  because we could care less who started what and when. That stuff stopped being anything back in grammar school.  Fix your shiite in private boys

• Upvote 2

good to see a lot of the JI regulars and some old timers here...a sad ending to  a community full of great jets fans.

look forward to bigger and better things here while i watch scout crash and burn.

Welcome. On your left you'll see the jets and NFL forum. There you can find both homers and haters. on your right you will find the lounge for all of your off topic needs. And straight ahead you will find a number of different forums including one for tailgating and road trips, other sports and even the mafia forum.

If you have any questions, I am your concierge Joe. Feel free to ask.

Welcome.

Even though I rarely posted at JI these last few years its still kind of sad to see it go that way. The cap work I do pretty much started there when those of us would discuss the Jets salary cap and I would do my pre and post game breakdowns. I think (and I might be wrong on the timeline but I think it was close) it was actually when Sooth starting the JI blogs that I decided to do NYjetscap when some wanted me to do the blog there. If not for the people there, JN, and TJB,  Nyjetscap probably never lasts for any period of time or gets the recoginition that it eventually got from the media and others. So there is definitely a lot of history there.

Scout is brutal. Their message boards are all about getting member sign ups and offering little beyond that. They were always archaic with a level of discussion that was so far below what you would get here or JI, I cant imagine anyone enjoying it. That may not have been the case for all teams (for instance I thought the Steelers were not bad when I have checked them out), but my guess is those are the teams that didnt have big online communities that were developed before Scout threw up message boards. I ust never looked at them as being a place to get good football discussion and they invested no real time in their boards. Its not much different than the old ESPN forums that were terrible and eventually just killed off.

I dont get time to post much here, but from what I read and see Im sure all the new people will like it here. JN has been a better site, IMO, for some time when looking for Jets talk and some funny asides here and there. The kind of posters who wont go to scout will fit in with what goes on here. The majority of those who do go to Scout are the ones that really brought JI down a notch over the last few years. 

• Upvote 2

Even though I rarely posted at JI these last few years its still kind of sad to see it go that way. The cap work I do pretty much started there when those of us would discuss the Jets salary cap and I would do my pre and post game breakdowns. I think (and I might be wrong on the timeline but I think it was close) it was actually when Sooth starting the JI blogs that I decided to do NYjetscap when some wanted me to do the blog there. If not for the people there, JN, and TJB,  Nyjetscap probably never lasts for any period of time or gets the recoginition that it eventually got from the media and others. So there is definitely a lot of history there.

Scout is brutal. Their message boards are all about getting member sign ups and offering little beyond that. They were always archaic with a level of discussion that was so far below what you would get here or JI, I cant imagine anyone enjoying it. That may not have been the case for all teams (for instance I thought the Steelers were not bad when I have checked them out), but my guess is those are the teams that didnt have big online communities that were developed before Scout threw up message boards. I ust never looked at them as being a place to get good football discussion and they invested no real time in their boards. Its not much different than the old ESPN forums that were terrible and eventually just killed off.

I dont get time to post much here, but from what I read and see Im sure all the new people will like it here. JN has been a better site, IMO, for some time when looking for Jets talk and some funny asides here and there. The kind of posters who wont go to scout will fit in with what goes on here. The majority of those who do go to Scout are the ones that really brought JI down a notch over the last few years. 

This is an amazing endorsement.  Thanks Jason!

I see lots of fighting in that thread over there, it is sad how it is ending. Sean obviously had issues with me back in the day, and that is why I left. But I never had a problem or rooted against JI. Always liked the site, people etc. Just thought Sean's customer service skills needed a tune up lol.

That said, seeing how it is over there now, it is sad.  I am curious if the contract with Scout is one year or two. (I am guessing two). But when it is over, he is going to leave the contract and try to start JI back up on its own. But I don't see it ever being the same.