What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

This is definitely the cause of all the unexplainable new spam I've slowly been accumulating. ******* Sean.

Same thing happened to me. About 2 weeks after signing up at Scout, a sudden flood of spam. Had to really strengthen my spam filters to eliminate it. And I'm not talking spam from Scout. I'm talking 3rd party spammers. The timing is too coincidental not to be related to the Scout move. 

In hindsight, the sad demise of J.I. was a complete and total failure for everyone involved, except Sean of course.

-Existing J.I. Football Board Community was scattered to the winds, with (it seems) very few remaining active on "Scout JI".  That forum is a tomb of inactivity and weak posting.

-Existing Scout Forum was utterly destroyed, lost all it's Mods, many of it's (few) regulars, and is now just as dead as it was before, only with less civility and over-moderation.  Given the scarcity of any JI Regulars, they at least have a chance to win it back over time.

-JI Hampur Community moved en masse to a closed (register-only) site with (when I last looked at it) very little worthwhile football content, and Ragu in charge.  One giant in-joke of CHE :winking0001: , by and for members-only.

-JN got SAR.  And SG.   

-Everyone who foolishly gave their email addresses are now getting spammed with Scout-Spam, and probably have their emails sold on to an assortment of third parties.

Such is life. 

In hindsight, the sad demise of J.I. was a complete and total failure for everyone involved, except Sean of course.

-Existing J.I. Football Board Community was scattered to the winds, with (it seems) very few remaining active on "Scout JI".

-Existing Scout Forum was utterly destroyed, lost all it's Mods, many of it's (few) regulars, and is now just as dead as it was before, only with less civility and over-moderation.  Given the scarcity of any JI Regulars, they at least have a chance to win it back over time.

-JI Hampur Community moved en masse to a closed (register-only) site with (when I last looked at it) very little worthwhile football content, and Ragu in charge.  One giant in-joke of CHE :winking0001: , by and for members-only.

-JN got SAR.  And SG.   

-Everyone who foolishly gave their email addresses are now getting spammed with Scout-Spam, and probably have their emails sold on to an assortment of third parties.

Such is life. 

I would add Sooth probably isn't happy either.  

-Existing J.I. Football Board Community was scattered to the winds, with (it seems) very few remaining active on "Scout JI". That forum is a tomb of inactivity and weak posting.

-Existing Scout Forum was utterly destroyed, lost all it's Mods, many of it's (few) regulars, and is now just as dead as it was before, only with less civility and over-moderation. Given the scarcity of any JI Regulars, they at least have a chance to win it back over time.

-JI Hampur Community moved en masse to a closed (register-only) site with (when I last looked at it) very little worthwhile football content, and Ragu in charge. One giant in-joke of CHE :winking0001: , by and for members-only.

-JN got SAR. And SG.

Such is life.

sg3 was banned for personal attacks.

• Upvote 2

-Existing J.I. Football Board Community was scattered to the winds, with (it seems) very few remaining active on "Scout JI".  That forum is a tomb of inactivity and weak posting.

-JN got SAR.  And SG.   

Such is life. 

Yeah, and I'm one of the fools. Thing is, i trusted Sean largely because I had not been spanned after joining the original JI, and I think there was a written policy in place there stating that email addresses would not be shared.

Live and learn.

-JN got SAR.  And SG.   

Such is life. 

This is 100% true.  I pop in there every once in a while to see if there are any worthwhile discusions...there never really is. Anytime there was one I would try and contribute and just go largely ignored since I wasn't one of the "in's"...well now they're begging for money to keep the forum alive.  They can go **** themselves.

• Upvote 1

The guy is actually pretty funny.  He just gets bogged down with all the histrionics.  And what's he been given, like 250 chances to reform his persona?

not apologizing for sg3, he's a grown man who made his own choices here..

that said, i also think he's funny & a damn good/knowledgeable poster as well..

• Upvote 1

I applaud those guys for building themselves a new home when JI left them no choice, but yes, the football discussion is weak and the board is slower than all hell whenever I've gone over. I guess they need to upgrade servers, that and cut down on signature and avatar sizes. Every other post is also a gif. 

I applaud those guys for building themselves a new home when JI left them no choice, but yes, the football discussion is weak and the board is slower than all hell whenever I've gone over. I guess they need to upgrade servers, that and cut down on signature and avatar sizes. Every other post is also a gif.

Board would speed up if they all dialed back the animated gif use, specifically as avatars and signatures.

weird thing in regard to scout spam, i had updated my email on JI on 8/30/14 to a new email that was used solely for JI and never given out anywhere else. I didn't initially get scout spam there, but did start getting it on my old email address, which led me to believe that they had already taken the JI member email list and uploaded it to their database before I had changed mine. The push JI made for people to change their emails to current addresses before the scout takeover announcement was put forth as some kind of board ugrade but seems it was just a way to get updated emails for their database at scout.

Now I have started to get scout spam to the secret undisclosed email address, which means they are reuploading their member databases. Also, the email is scout, but instead of it being jetsinsider, it is jagsinsider and branded for the jaguars and not jets. A few things,

1) It seems like they are reuploading their email database, I don't know why they would do this other than to resubmit email addresses of people that have done the automated unsubscribe link and taken themselves out of their database.

2) If this is coming from jagsinsider on scout, if i were to buy a membership or something, would the guy who owns jagsinsider be getting the credit and commmision and not Sean and JI? Nobody from jagsinsider ever got this email, this email was only ever given to JI before the scout takeover.

Fishy stuff going on over there.

First and only time he was banned here. Not sure about his past history. :)

I think he's been kicked off every known Jet board.  Short fuse and not very patient.

not apologizing for sg3, he's a grown man who made his own choices here..

that said, i also think he's funny & a damn good/knowledgeable poster as well..

Yeah, I get that he grates on people.  But as you said he has his positive qualities.

No he isn't.

I get and respect your opinion.

I came over from JI. While I wasn't terribly active it was an informative group that was very active compared to the other forums I have scouted since its demise. JN is by far the best that I have seen out there to date, and even better than the original JI. Turns out the fall of JI was a blessing for me!

• Upvote 2

I came over from JI. While I wasn't terribly active it was an informative group that was very active compared to the other forums I have scouted since its demise. JN is by far the best that I have seen out there to date, and even better than the original JI. Turns out the fall of JI was a blessing for me!

Thank you! We count our blessings every day. :)

weird thing in regard to scout spam, i had updated my email on JI on 8/30/14 to a new email that was used solely for JI and never given out anywhere else. I didn't initially get scout spam there, but did start getting it on my old email address, which led me to believe that they had already taken the JI member email list and uploaded it to their database before I had changed mine. The push JI made for people to change their emails to current addresses before the scout takeover announcement was put forth as some kind of board ugrade but seems it was just a way to get updated emails for their database at scout.

Now I have started to get scout spam to the secret undisclosed email address, which means they are reuploading their member databases. Also, the email is scout, but instead of it being jetsinsider, it is jagsinsider and branded for the jaguars and not jets. A few things,

1) It seems like they are reuploading their email database, I don't know why they would do this other than to resubmit email addresses of people that have done the automated unsubscribe link and taken themselves out of their database.

2) If this is coming from jagsinsider on scout, if i were to buy a membership or something, would the guy who owns jagsinsider be getting the credit and commmision and not Sean and JI? Nobody from jagsinsider ever got this email, this email was only ever given to JI before the scout takeover.

Fishy stuff going on over there.

I don't know for sure, but when I talked to them (and in the presentation that I saw) the revenue split on premium memberships was entirely between Scout and the site that the premium membership was for.

I posted on JI not a lot but on occasion.  Mostly about stadium issues.  I couldn't keep up with all the topics and people lived on that site.  I prefer it here there are still tons of Jets fans and it's not as clicky.  Easier to navigate and more football talk and you can share your viewpoints.  On JI if you ripped the stadium you were crucified.  Probably because they didn't want to lose their Jets credentials.

I posted on JI not a lot but on occasion.  Mostly about stadium issues.  I couldn't keep up with all the topics and people lived on that site.  I prefer it here there are still tons of Jets fans and it's not as clicky.  Easier to navigate and more football talk and you can share your viewpoints.  On JI if you ripped the stadium you were crucified.  Probably because they didn't want to lose their Jets credentials.

Look everyone the new guy thinks we are listening to him. Whatever.

Just kidding. It is pretty safe to say you can rip anything hear. We are about freedom of speech, we just want it done in a professional manner. Or a semi professional manner. :)