What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

Worst thing that could possibly happen to our fan base is actually winning the Super Bowl again.  Then what do we do?  j/k

I hate those good seasons. Parking is such a mess. The stadium is so crowded. So annoying.

• Upvote 1

I went by today too for the first time in months to check it out.....one of the first threads was started by a guy named "TomHanks2" or something like that claiming to actually be Tom Hanks.....and Sooth was the first (and one of only 2-3 replies) welcoming him lol

Sad, I enjoyed a lot of my time over the years at JI, but I'm happy here at JN now and have no desire to switch back even if JI went back to what it once was.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I went by today too for the first time in months to check it out.....one of the first threads was started by a guy named "TomHanks2" or something like that claiming to actually be Tom Hanks.....and Sooth was the first (and one of only 2-3 replies) welcoming him lol

Sad, I enjoyed a lot of my time over the years at JI, but I'm happy here at JN now and have no desire to switch back even if JI went back to what it once was.

brown noser.  :happy0069:

• Upvote 1

If it was what it once was Max and Tom would still be posting there..LOL

• Upvote 1

Most telling aspect that this was never taken very seriously is that the "archived version" has never materialized. The Hampur got the old funny pics thread up and running within a week and yet Scout hasn't been able to throw up a read-only version? COMMON! :confused0082:  

• Upvote 2

Bump.

Took a look today, call it morbid curiosity.

55 users online it said.

No new Off-Topics threads in well over a month, none that had even a single reply in over two months.  Same for Politics Threads.

Main Forum goes barely half-a-page before the most recent post is > week old.  Most Thread > 10 replies total, often much less.

A chunk of the threads (and posts) seem to be started/posted by Sooth himself.

I almost cannot believe how badly that change went.  

Love or Hate JI, it was a busy, active, vibrant community.  Hundreds of hundreds of active posters and threads a day over multiple subforums.

Now it's a tomb.

I know the sentiment won't be shared, but I think it's truly sad what was done to that community.

Don't get me wrong, glad to be here at JN now, but nostalgia is sad today.

Yeah, it is pretty incredible.  I remember many of us posting how quickly things can go south in moves like that.  And the worst part was that there were a million warning signs and then a long time to change course and back out of it.  It's like we all saw an iceberg and just sailed slowly towards it.

I thought it would be bad but it basically just obliterated that community.

Too bad, though this place is cool.  Look forward to many years of Jets talk here!

• Upvote 1

Most telling aspect that this was never taken very seriously is that the "archived version" has never materialized. The Hampur got the old funny pics thread up and running within a week and yet Scout hasn't been able to throw up a read-only version? COMMON! :confused0082:  

It is the failure to put up the old threads that clearly shows sooth's true colors.  He'll promise you the world (new, better board; won't sell email addresses; archive will be up and running "very soon"), all the while lying through his teeth.  Yet, there are still some guys defending the move.  Wake the fuk up, folks.

• Upvote 3

Bump.

Took a look today, call it morbid curiosity.

55 users online it said.

No new Off-Topics threads in well over a month, none that had even a single reply in over two months. Same for Politics Threads.

Main Forum goes barely half-a-page before the most recent post is > week old. Most Thread > 10 replies total, often much less.

A chunk of the threads (and posts) seem to be started/posted by Sooth himself.

I almost cannot believe how badly that change went.

Love or Hate JI, it was a busy, active, vibrant community. Hundreds of hundreds of active posters and threads a day over multiple subforums.

Now it's a tomb.

I know the sentiment won't be shared, but I think it's truly sad what was done to that community.

Don't get me wrong, glad to be here at JN now, but nostalgia is sad today.

Vibrant?
  • Upvote 1

There hasn't been a post there for over 24 hours on the main site.

Where did most people end up? There was that hamper site but not sure if it survived.

Not sure where everyone ended up, but we are all here. So that is all that matters.  :)

I joined JI last late last year and it pretty much died soon after.  I thought it was just my Jet luck.  Stumbled across this site after a google search and I'm very happy to have found mostly miserable people like me.   

• Upvote 2

JMO, but this place is far more like JI than most of you folks seem to realize.

/shrug

1.  Fairly round Site Owner

2.  Jackass Mods

3.  Miserable Jet Fans

4.  Warfish

5.  Unfair bannings

6.  A mod who likes to post with large red font

Damn, Fish..  You're right.

• Upvote 4

JMO, but this place is far more like JI than most of you folks seem to realize.

/shrug

It's a forum about the Jets. Of course there will be similarities.

But there's no politics and no Sean Deegan. The lack of both makes this place way better.

• Upvote 1

Unfair bannings?  Who did we even ban?  I am pretty sure most of the "banned" posters are still here.

Me, I was banned for arguing with LimoLady after she used abusive language. I retorted with same words and Sooth DMed me saying 'You dont talk to a lady like that, you're banned'

I found out later someone said LimoLady was his wife, so I guess I was doomed :)

• Upvote 1

It is the failure to put up the old threads that clearly shows sooth's true colors.  He'll promise you the world (new, better board; won't sell email addresses; archive will be up and running "very soon"), all the while lying through his teeth.  Yet, there are still some guys defending the move.  Wake the fuk up, folks.

You want true colors?  I'll give you Sooth's true colors.

Does anyone remember when Sooth promised a refund of the JI Premium member fee we paid if we weren't happy with Scout? 

I have asked him 3 times via PM for my $45 refund.  I have sent him a paypal request for my refund.  I resent said request a month later for my refund.  A REFUND THAT HE PUBLICLY PROMISED.  Of course that promise would now be archived with the rest of the old JI threads.

Basically, Sooth is a welsher and a liar.   

At this point, I want him to take that $45 and give it to a charity and I'd be happy.  

F-ck him and his lame board over at that sh!thole Scout.

• Upvote 4

Does anyone remember when Sooth promised a refund of the JI Premium member fee we paid if we weren't happy with Scout? 

I have asked him 3 times via PM for my $45 refund.  I have sent him a paypal request for my refund.  I resent said request a month later for my refund.  A THAT HE PROMISED.  Of course that promise would now be archived with the rest of the old JI.

At this point, I want him to take that $45 and give it to a charity and I'd be happy.  

PM Limo, I think that's his wife, maybe she handles the books.

I have asked him 3 times via PM for my $45 refund.  I have sent him a paypal request for my refund.  I resent said request a month later for my refund.  A THAT HE PROMISED.  Of course that promise would now be archived with the rest of the old JI.

$45?  It went down!

I'm talking about here.  If you argued with LimoLady here, you probably are wearing a tinfoil hat right now!

all bannings here are pretty justified, including when I've been banned here, LOL.. Always over politics, which we all know the rule..

• Upvote 1

You want true colors? I'll give you Sooth's true colors.

I have asked him 3 times via PM for my $45 refund. I have sent him a paypal request for my refund. I resent said request a month later for my refund. A REFUND THAT HE PUBLICLY PROMISED. Of course that promise would now be archived with the rest of the old JI threads.

I like you.

I have asked him 3 times via PM for my $45 refund.  I have sent him a paypal request for my refund.  I resent said request a month later for my refund.  A REFUND THAT HE PUBLICLY PROMISED.  Of course that promise would now be archived with the rest of the old JI threads.

Yeah. He lied to me too. And sold my email address. Frankly, I'm glad the Scout site is moribund. Serves him right.

• Upvote 1