What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

9 hours ago, Savage69 said:

To be fair you finally learned how to run a site in the beginning you let some a$$holes run wild that's why I went back to JI and the a$$ holes I knew..B)

Well that is a pretty fair point.

And like I say every Thanksgiving with family. It is better to be with the aholes you know.  lol...

Lol, surprisingly there weren't too many other Jets websites that were active at the time once JI went down. 

Scout was horrible.  

GG- I was there first, but I hated their thread merging policies (every thing got merged into mega-threads)

NYJetsfans- Not active

Some other ones averaging three posts a day.  I think having a separate draft forum that was atleast semi active was my biggest draw. 

Pretty incredible how fast that site went down the tubes after the switch. I understand he committed contractually to the switch before it was finally made, but from a product development perspective, it's even more crazy. It's like "hey, we are going to try something new. Check it out and let me know what you think." There was he volumes of negative feedback which was all ignored, the changes happened, anyway. And the site failed. Ignoring screaming users is not the way to manage a product.

• Upvote 2

I remember hanging on in the JI forums just before it went dark ... not many people around, but it felt like it was the hardcore alcoholics who were in denial that the bar would ever close. :-) 

Then I tried to give Scout a go, but it was horrendous ... I think HYATT (TM) actually posted a tutorial for newbies about how to get the quote feature to work without wrecking the thread completely ... which just encouraged everyone to misuse it more and wind him up deliberately.

I knew then that it was time to leave ... the hardcore alcoholics had turned up at what they thought (hoped?) was a bar, still drunk, only to find it being run by a teetotaller. :D 

• Upvote 2

Ah, I see now.

When he announced it, I tried my very best to support him and hoped it would work out despite my doubts.  I.e. Till the facts made rather clear otherwise.  I felt I owed it to him, honestly, he provided me a home for my JetsFandom I never had before, he let me Mod (disaster tho that turned out to be), and had always been supportive and kind to me (online).

Honestly, I always wondered if I choose poorly sticking with the busier JI when the original JI/JN Split occured.  Most of my better "e-friends" were on the JN side, and I certainly understood their issues at the time and sympathized, but leaving the massive population and frequent postings at JI was real tough for me back when JN was, sorry, a bit on the quiet side most days.

Still, as it played out, I likely shoulda just jumped ship with Max and crew way back when.  Ended up here anyway, except now alot of folks think I'm new, instead of going back so many years now with the oldsters here.

Same thought here, minus the mod bit, and more focused on the second migration

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I remember hanging on in the JI forums just before it went dark ... not many people around, but it felt like it was the hardcore alcoholics who were in denial that the bar would ever close. :-) 

Then I tried to give Scout a go, but it was horrendous ... I think HYATT (TM) actually posted a tutorial for newbies about how to get the quote feature to work without wrecking the thread completely ... which just encouraged everyone to misuse it more and wind him up deliberately.

I knew then that it was time to leave ... the hardcore alcoholics had turned up at what they thought (hoped?) was a bar, still drunk, only to find it being run by a teetotaller. :D 

Hyatt was one of the main reasons I didnt give scout a reasonable amount of time to adapt. He was pretty unbearable.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

very patronizing.  i felt more like an intruder than a welcomed poster.

Ah, we could have crushed Hyatt like a grape if we wanted to.

The lack of passion over anything at Scout, including their resident gnome, is emblematic of just how bad a site it was.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The posters who frequented there were what made JI.

The site itself was terrible. With a few exceptions the mods sucked (there I said it). Some great posters turned into horrible mods. And the worst mod of all was the guy running the place.

I was happy when guys like Warfish, Jetworks, southparkCPA, and even SAR made their way over here.  But it's a shame that more of them didn't.

Don't hold back man.  We are all friends here.  Tell us how you really feel?  LOL

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, we could have crushed Hyatt like a grape if we wanted to.

Oh, aye.  Give me, SAR and select handful of others five days, and Hyatt would never post again.

(Disclaimer:  SAR may actually be Hyatt)

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The lack of passion over anything at Scout, including their resident gnome, is emblematic of just how bad a site it was.

SAR I

There was simply nothing good about it.  From the mechanics (forum software) to the stink of exploitation (be sure to update the email addresses, so I can sell them to Scout!, er, so you won't miss out!) to the culture clash of old-Scout and new-JI.  SAR is right, it was a perfect storm of fail, and it shows in just how quickly Scout-JI died.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Oh, aye.  Give me, SAR and select handful of others five days, and Hyatt would never post again.

(Disclaimer:  SAR may actually be Hyatt)

There was simply nothing good about it.  From the mechanics (forum software) to the stink of exploitation (be sure to update the email addresses, so I can sell them to Scout!, er, so you won't miss out!) to the culture clash of old-Scout and new-JI.  SAR is right, it was a perfect storm of fail, and it shows in just how quickly Scout-JI died.

Even the old Scout board regulars moved to Jetfansunited.. Sar is many things but Hyatt isn't one of them who isn't a Jet fan but a Packer fan..

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just typed it in again, we are in the top spot. Above Scout. I just laughed out loud.

As much as I love the lulz that may not be the same result other people see. Google personalizes search results--one would expect JN sites to always be at the top of your results with the volume of JN pages in your history. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

As much as I love the lulz that may not be the same result other people see. Google personalizes search results--one would expect JN sites to always be at the top of your results with the volume of JN pages in your history. 

Good point but I was using the subscription that I have to semrush to give me the rankings.

I always see my articles show up on the Google Business page on page one. Then I realize I am the only one seeing them that high lol.

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Don't hold back man.  We are all friends here.  Tell us how you really feel?  LOL

I have no respect for Sean. He banned me from his site (his prerogative, but the reason was silly), yet he had no problem whatsoever selling my email address to Scout. My junk folder is loaded with JI/Scout emails.

Sorry but that's a d!ck move.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I have no respect for Sean. He banned me from his site (his prerogative, but the reason was silly), yet he had no problem whatsoever selling my email address to Scout. My junk folder is loaded with JI/Scout emails.

Agreed.  Same thing with the mods.  Kinda tough to be a good mod when a guy like Sean owns the site.  Max is a solid stand up dude.  Lucky to have him.  

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Hmmm...  I didn't know that.    I haven't any any good interaction either.  My Paypal account was charged twice, it never got resolved and it took him a few weeks to get back to me.  The response was a .."we'll fix it", but it never was, I let it go.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Since the topic is ripe again, I'll say it again. Deegan is a liar and a cheat.  He promised a refund of the fee if we were dissatisfied with Scout.  I asked him multiple times for my refund... sent him emails and a couple of paypal requests with full explanation.  Never got a penny back and never got the courtesy of a reply.  He's a cheap, dishonest dick.

He goes to games, doesn't he?

The posters who said that the only thing that made JI at all worthwhile was the great core group of vet posters. Pretty large group when you think about it, hasd so much fun there over the years. I even tried to post here and at JI for a while but then I had kids and my free time went poof!

Wonder what Borgo is up to these days. Hope he's well, I really liked that nut.

• Upvote 2