Red Sox finalizing deal with SS Hanley Ramirez

Jetlife33

that much money for a guy who can't play defense or steal bases anymore??

he sure is a clutch hitter though.

Surprised it's not the Pinstripers. Especially since they've been lacking a major league SS for the last five seasons or so.

Yeah. He's the SS of the future and Hanley Ramirez is moving to LF.

I hear you.

My problem with the singings is that Xander was coming around when Drew was signed and struggled for three months after the trade before a small rebound late.

Hanley, Pablo and Rusney are not being paid to sit.  If Hanley is penciled in at LF and Rusney in CF, what about Cespedes?  Craig?  Nava?  Victorino?  Betts?  Bradley? 

I do not hate either move, but lumped together it means we are putting a developing player (Xander, Betts, Holt, Bradley) or a lot of money on the bench (Victorino).

I hear you.

My problem with the singings is that Xander was coming around when Drew was signed and struggled for three months after the trade before a small rebound late.

Hanley, Pablo and Rusney are not being paid to sit.  If Hanley is penciled in at LF and Rusney in CF, what about Cespedes?  Craig?  Nava?  Victorino?  Betts?  Bradley? 

I do not hate either move, but lumped together it means we are putting a developing player (Xander, Betts, Holt, Bradley) or a lot of money on the bench (Victorino).

You are going to package a couple of those guys for Hamels probably

Archived