14 AVM - 33
15 Jetscode - 27
16 Lizzie - 32
17 Despot - 16  Darkseid, Vanilla Town, Passive Vote Doubler, L1
18 Nyn - 18
19 krak - 16
20 JVOR - 12
21 Darthe - 9

Funny how Ape and Jetscode both suddenly suspect me once I put them at the top of my list for scum when they had zero posts about it previously. Feel good with my vote for now.

Funny that you chased after low hanging fruit...plus this gentle nudge...good luck.

Funny how Ape and Jetscode both suddenly suspect me once I put them at the top of my list for scum when they had zero posts about it previously. Feel good with my vote for now.

Funny how you're "list" echoed the top 3 people getting heat. Those of us who know how you play, know you don't typically ride the wave of prevailing sentiment, and are much more inclined to see what others aren't already pointing out. Except when you are scum, then you are usually an obvious opportunity mongering.

Funny that you chased after low hanging fruit...plus this gentle nudge...good luck.

This.

So my family surprised me with bloody marys this morning which is weird because my family is not prone to drinking except wine with dinner.  Certainly not at 9 in the morning.  Turkey Day morning buzz ftw!

I'll be waiting. :tongue:

Working on it.

So my family surprised me with bloody marys this morning which is weird because my family is not prone to drinking except wine with dinner.  Certainly not at 9 in the morning.  Turkey Day morning buzz ftw!

Working on it.

Excellent.

80 asked a couple questions about me the past few psges. I'm playing on my phone / ipad . I'm playing when I have time. "When do I do this?" About whining and post volume? Seriously?

Anyway, he's nudging Smash's suspicions on me in a nutshell.

GRC is a null tell. I wanted people to see me trying to bolster my count. Let scum worry about why i did. I feel like many of you have forgotten that town can eff with mafia too. Scum has to decide if they believe I actually have a power, or if I'm bluffing them so they waste NK or other powers on me.

Also, smash is making up a nonsense case on me to get me lynched. Probably because he's scum and doesn't want to have to kill or role block me.

vote smash

ugly vote...

This guy is really hard to read imo.  I get that he probably does it (as town) on purpose to confuse mafia but it makes it really hard to clear him as town which I would imagine leads to a lot of mislynches.

@Ape - do you still agree with your OP concerning content building and discussion driving?

GRC 17

You are remedial. Wifom works both ways. The job of any good VT is to **** with mafia and draw their NK. I'm tired of explaining this game to people, I really have no interest in playing anymore.

Idk if I agree with your basic opinion on how to play, but you can play a solid game to draw the NK and still make it obvious you're town to everyone not in the know.  Also I think this argument falls flat in this particular game because the easiest way to draw an NK in this game is to just post a sh*t ton and not rely on wifom.

GRC 18

I hope I'm exposing ok, I'm drunk-ish tonight

Looks town.

What info did you glean here?

Also looks town.

I would be interested to hear the groups opinions on Ape.

Is it because Ape is the obvious mislynch here?  

@LK - I wonder do you think Ape would go so obvious for Des then Smash as scum?  I mean he pushed Des pretty hard without voting him which made me think he was looking at how others' reacted and played around the Des train, then he calls JC1 scummy for sheeping onto Despo  As far as I remember though he never rescinded his scum read on Despo despite commenting around the train like the aforementioned.  Unless I'm misremembering and he just wanted Despo dead for non-gameplay reasons.

This guy is really hard to read imo.  I get that he probably does it (as town) on purpose to confuse mafia but it makes it really hard to clear him as town which I would imagine leads to a lot of mislynches.

@Ape - do you still agree with your OP concerning content building and discussion driving?

GRC 17

Who "clears" anyone based on what they say? LOL

My post about content stands true, just because I said it and did other things doesn't matter. If you guys want to catch scum, then you'll have to look beyond face value on everything, this is a JN game, I expect more than that.

Looks town.

Also looks town.

@LK - I wonder do you think Ape would go so obvious for Des then Smash as scum? I mean he pushed Des pretty hard without voting him which made me think he was looking at how others' reacted and played around the Des train, then he calls JC1 scummy for sheeping onto Despo As far as I remember though he never rescinded his scum read on Despo despite commenting around the train like the aforementioned. Unless I'm misremembering and he just wanted Despo dead for non-gameplay reasons.

You play a fair amount on DM, right?

I can think of plenty of players both good and bad.  Imo vanilla town's job is to lynch scum and look as transparently town as possible.  I can think of a handful of players off the top of my head that I can tone read ~70% accurately.  That's not to say that I usually base my play around tone reads, that's usually ~30-40% based on the game and who's playing, but discarding surface level content just because it's surface level is a disservice to your reads.

I don't want to get too far into this because everybody has different characterizations and opinions on how to play, how to play certain roles,etc. and it's a rabbit hole for games to get lost in.

But yes, it is hard to read you atm.  Of course it's my first game with you, but still.

GRC 19

If you guys want to catch scum, then you'll have to look beyond face value on everything

In honor of my first born:

61gTq2WLvjL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is how you just recently replied to my deeper investigation into your wifom early in the game.. A nice mix of emo, indignation, and defensive posture. Hypocrite much?

You are remedial. Wifom works both ways. The job of any good VT is to **** with mafia and draw their NK. I'm tired of explaining this game to people, I really have no interest in playing anymore.

This is ******* DM stupid, if you're going to lynch me then admit why, I'm over your heads and too active for you to fathom any town strategy could be my motive.

My post about content stands true, just because I said it and did other things doesn't matter. If you guys want to catch scum, then you'll have to look beyond face value on everything, this is a JN game, I expect more than that.

I think we can learn a lot by looking at interactions differently than we normally would, which in and of itself sounds way more fun and interesting imo.

Just saying.  

Idk if I agree with your basic opinion on how to play, but you can play a solid game to draw the NK and still make it obvious you're town to everyone not in the know.  Also I think this argument falls flat in this particular game because the easiest way to draw an NK in this game is to just post a sh*t ton and not rely on wifom.

GRC 18

The entire premise of mafia is wifom. What are you talking about?

Last Update for a while, since I'm taking the kids to Big Hero 6 and then at my aunt's for a big family Thanksgiving.  Will be on my phone to see if anyone is lynched and respond to PMs, but won't be able to do GRC counts or vote counts 

Jetscode (3) - JF80, Crusher, JVoR

Krak (1) - Integrity

Integrity (2) - Lizard Dad, Darthe

Darthe (1) - Jetscode

JVoR (1) - Integrity

Roster GRC

1 Nolder - 29

2 Leelou - 25

3 Barm - 27
4 JF80 - 26
5 Wombat - 27 Solomon Grundy, Town Tough Killed post L1
6 Verb - 19
7 Crush - 23
8 Pac - 6
9 Hess - 20
10 Lily - 12
11 Smash - 31 Killer Frost, Town Mirror Generator, L2
12 JiF - 5
13 IntegritApe - 67
14 AVM - 33
15 Jetscode - 29
16 Lizzie - 33
17 Despot - 16  Darkseid, Vanilla Town, Passive Vote Doubler, L1
18 Nyn - 18
19 krak - 22
20 JVOR - 12
21 Darthe - 9

Looks town.

Also looks town.

@LK - I wonder do you think Ape would go so obvious for Des then Smash as scum?  I mean he pushed Des pretty hard without voting him which made me think he was looking at how others' reacted and played around the Des train, then he calls JC1 scummy for sheeping onto Despo  As far as I remember though he never rescinded his scum read on Despo despite commenting around the train like the aforementioned.  Unless I'm misremembering and he just wanted Despo dead for non-gameplay reasons.

Revisionist history. My push on Des was reactive during a re-read. Irresponsible to vote until I was caught up. I ended up voting him to get him out of the game, he's an idiot. By the time I finished my re-read I lost my patience with that twat, and didn't care about a mislynch on D1, but did feel like Des's alignment would be helpful.

Smash I voted because I thought he might have wanted to get me mislynched because he was scum paranoid about me having so many GRC and a town power.

Started again recently, yeah. Trying to branch out because I like seeing new styles, new players, challenging myself, etc.

@LK - I wonder do you think Ape would go so obvious for Des then Smash as scum? I mean he pushed Des pretty hard without voting him which made me think he was looking at how others' reacted and played around the Des train, then he calls JC1 scummy for sheeping onto Despo As far as I remember though he never rescinded his scum read on Despo despite commenting around the train like the aforementioned. Unless I'm misremembering and he just wanted Despo dead for non-gameplay reasons.

From what I understand about DM, Ape and Des are about as friendly as John Dillinger and J. Edgar Hoover. Ape did everything he could to lynch Des on policy and was pretty clear about it. How are you active on DM and not clear on that dynamic?

------

Actually, his calling JC scummy is pretty great quote there because, he recently referred to a JC lynch as low hanging fruit.

Um-?

Just saying.

So clarify to me how he's a mislynch while you're quoting his conflicting dialogue.

I think that Lee has been inquisitive and I’m getting the impression that she’s trying to figure things out. The way she’s been handling her JC read, ie taking other people thoughts into consideration and not wanting to tunnel seems to be coming from a townie mindset.

Lily needs to post more, basically. But gut says town. I liked her response to Nolder re: the shift in her town reads. She didn't seem self conscious or defensive. Though I would like her to start basing her reads on actual content and not just gut.

Leelou and Lily have played almost the same game. Lee interacted with Verb about Jc I wouldn't call that widespread appeal for more opinion. She has done a hair more than Lilly this game. I find it very curious that you're seeing one as town and one as null.

Gonna reread 80 and Darthe when I get a chance. I remember raising my eyebrow at a couple of their posts.

Nudge much?

From what I understand about DM, Ape and Des are about as friendly as John Dillinger and J. Edgar Hoover. Ape did everything he could to lynch Des on policy and was pretty clear about it. How are you active on DM and not clear on that dynamic?

------

Um-?

So clarify to me how he's a mislynch while you're quoting his conflicting dialogue.

Policy lynch is one thing, it's anti-town but I'll ignore, but he also supported it with quotes pointing out scummy play from Des.  I don't buy that it was pure policy.

Mislynch was the wrong word, or rather I wasn't clear in what I meant.  Regardless of how I view his slot he pushed Des and Smash pretty hard, had a fair amount of traction over the past lynch or two, and so it seems to me that Ape is the obvious lynch.  This worries me because he was obviously very very vocal and I'm worried that he might be town and pushed for a mislynch.

As for the DM part, I tend to ignore that sh*t.  Anyways, doesn't Ape use a different handle on DM?

GRC - 20

The entire premise of mafia is wifom. What are you talking about?

There's Wifom and then there's Wifom.

Revisionist history. My push on Des was reactive during a re-read. Irresponsible to vote until I was caught up. I ended up voting him to get him out of the game, he's an idiot. By the time I finished my re-read I lost my patience with that twat, and didn't care about a mislynch on D1, but did feel like Des's alignment would be helpful.

Smash I voted because I thought he might have wanted to get me mislynched because he was scum paranoid about me having so many GRC and a town power.

Of course his alignment is helpful, but so is everyone else's.  That point is m00t.

And how is that revisionist history?  I didn't make any of that up and what isn't verifiably concrete itt is obviously my thoughts on why you did what you did.  Just because it was during a reread doesn't mean it's revisionist history.

GRC - 21

Archived