1 Nolder - 16
2 Leelou - 18
3 Barm - 34
4 JF80 - 0
5 Wombat - 27 Solomon Grundy, Town Tough Killed post L1
6 Verb - 0
7 Crush - 74

8 Eluial - 10
9 Hess - 37 Flash, Vanilla Town, Killed post L2 (after Cyborg)
10 Lily - 23 Cyborg, Town Action Doubler, Killed post L2
11 Smash - 31 Killer Frost, Town Mirror Generator, L2
12 JiF - 6
13 IntegritApe - 246

14 AVM - 26
15 Jetscode - 179
16 Lizzie - 38
17 Despot - 16 Darkseid, Vanilla Town, Passive Vote Doubler, L1
18 Nyn - 40
19 krak - 29

20 JVOR - 1 Regime Sinestro, Scum Tracker, L3
21 Darthe/Sili - 42

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or you could give the ball to the hot hand...but you're to much of a ball hog to let anyone else touch it. You're like the Stephon Marbury of JN mafia.

I am the hot hand. This is why I'm voting you now, you've parlayed not caring into over-claiming the catch on JVOR. It's gross, you piled on him with an obvious bus vote.

I am the hot hand. This is why I'm voting you now, you've parlayed not caring into over-claiming the catch on JVOR. It's gross, you piled on him with an obvious bus vote.

You're the guy who takes all the credit on school projects when all you did was type everything up while everyone else did the work.

I'm a bodyguard.  I can pick a player to protect until that person post 20 times.  Not allowed to tell them or the board who Im protecting.  Normal bodyguard mechanics.   If they are targeted for death I die.  Does not work with other stuff.  Just killing.  At 30, 60 , 90 I can pick another person. 

So, here's something that needs to be asked... @JIF are you in a QT with Despot (or, were you)? Who else is in it with you?

I ask because Leelou and I are in a QT together, so there may be something behind how Doggin has grouped us. 

Playing catch up. On pg 62. Jumping in because it's looking like there is truth in this statement. 

Possible this post is incredibly irrelevant at where ever the game is now, but couldn't not say anything when I saw this. 

After making my post of reads I realised that I had basically ignored 80 all game. So I went back and read through his posts. Here's what I found:

- Vote pac because Pac
- Thinks LK is suspect because seems town and not erratic
- Votes Hallia to get her talking
- Says Despot lynch was uninformative
- Votes JC for pressure
- Votes Darthe for no reason
- Votes Wombat for voting him
- Was excited when people wanted to kill Wombat
- Explain's Hess's play as entirely random
- Says Hess is always town unless they are scum together
- Says he'll re-read the whole thread
- In first two pages thinks smash and reactions to him will make Smash an informative lynch
- Good review posts after 7 and 14 pages
- Thinks Crush, Nolder, LK, JiF, Lily, JVOR and Nyn look town. Also Hess.
- Good review post after 25 pages
- Votes Smash
- Says the rest of his catchup was now meaningless
- Asks AVM why he won't kill smash
- Says AVM looks good after Smash flipped and votes JC
- Posts which posts of AVM's that he likes
- Says AVM was tunnelling Wombat, but missed where AVM called his shot on wombat
- Says he doesn't want to look at Leelou or Crusher
- Amused by Nolder's comments on him
- Points out to JC that Smash is dead when JC apparently misses this
- Decides JC is town and votes Crusher for pressure
- Says he could vote Krak too
- Says he could vote JVOR, me, Darthe or Leelou
- Votes Leelou for her Hess vote
- Votes Crusher because he can't read anyone one this game
- Doesn't want to vote JVOR or Ape for entertainment value
- Wants Crusher to reveal at L-2, thinks AVM is climbing his list
- Posts a list of his various reads (Post 1368 on page 55)
- Posts his extrapolation (his word) on the gameplay. Wants to kill Darthe or Verbal
- Thinks AVM might be getting cocky as SK
- Has a couple back and forth posts with AVM, claims him favourite forever.
- Suggests killing Ape when AVM's GRC is reset
- Asks if Crusher ever revealed
- Some back and forth with Ape
- Votes Elu because inactivity

I'm thinking 80 is probably town. He had a bunch of really good posts in there and his interactions with other players seem sincere to me.

8 to lynch

Krak (2) - Sili, Lizard Dad

Darthe (4) - Barm, Nyn, Leelou, Crusher

JiF (1) Integrity

Lizzie (2) - JiF  

Roster GRC

1 Nolder - 17
2 Leelou - 18
3 Barm - 35
4 JF80 - 0
6 Verb - 0
7 Crush - 74

8 Eluial - 12
12 JiF - 13
13 IntegritApe - 249

14 AVM - 26
15 Jetscode - 179
16 Lizzie - 39
18 Nyn - 40
19 krak - 29

21 Darthe/Sili - 42

Tempted to hop back over to JVOR...

Apparently people like inactives in the game so ok whatever.

This is the sh*t I'm talking about again no one EVER lynches them for some reason.

Swear to god if El turns out to be mafia (distinct possibility given the lack of non vig kills, hess aside) I'm gonna rage.

Unvote

Vote JVOR

I mostly think you're town, but curious why so many people were focusing on my inactivity and totally ignoring the fact that Darthe had been inactive longer than I had? 

Not being defensive, cause I totally deserve whatever hate is directed my way. Curious from a game perspective about where the attention is being focused. 

80 ISO

Tells Ape that the padding is getting the game going but that it should ease up later on. Adds that someone with a high GRC could be either alignment ie we won’t be able to make much of it till later on. True enough. 

Votes Pac. Is this a running joke between them? I thought Verbal was his gf.

Tells Krak off when he whines about the nested quotes. Heh.

He says he has a feeling smart JN players will end up getting drowned by DMers. But it should be funny to see Ape melt down. Okay.

When Despot says that LK is the towniest player in the game, 80 says that LK is usually erratic, which makes him suspect. Gets annoyed at the trending talk and says he wants Des to die quick. And yet he doesn’t actually vote him at any point.

When Lee mentions that Hallia hasn’t even checked in, he moves his vote to Hallia to get her to show.

Lee asks him what he makes of JC. He says he didn’t like him buddying Hess. Says he’s not good at reading JC but that he’s willing to go there to test the waters.
Once Kivam announces that he’s looking to sub Hallia, he moves his vote to JC. Says he’s voting to pressure JC and see how he responds. 35 minutes later he unvotes and votes Darthe (a bit after Kiv announces that he’s subbing in for Halli). I don’t really understand this vote, considering Darthe JUST subbed in so the whole ‘voting halli to show’ was moot. And wasn’t he planning to lean on JC?

Wombat says that 80 nudged with a built in hedge and then backs off and votes Darthe for lulz. Which is basically my point above. Says his posts suck balls and votes him. 80’s retort is basically dropping an OMGUS vote on Wombat without an actual reply. 

Goes on a row of STFU HESS to Wombat and JC cause they were wearing the same avatar. Jokes around with AVM with some pics. Jokes around more.
Eggs on Smash and AVM to vote Wombat. 

Soft defends Hess when Barm says that he plays weird. Says that Hess is a fellow lunatic. There’s nothing normal about how he plays. He’s always town. Bla bla bla. Who was buddying Hess now?

Says he’s gonna reread the whole game now that he has some time.

He quotes the whole exchange early on with Smash, Des, JC and Barm where Smash didn’t get that GRCs were individual and miscounted. He adds that it’s an interesting exchange… that Smash seems over-eager…. and how this makes Smash an informative lynch. Not sure if he actually goes back to this to say what he inferred from Smash’s flip. 

Quotes JC offering to hammer Smash if someone puts him at L-1. Says he’s even more intrigued to see Smash’s flip. Says he feels pretty good about Verbal as town. FoSes Leelou for jumping on JC after she looked confused at the FoSes in his direction.

Says he doesn’t like Ape’s post where he complains about the game. Says that AVM started his tunnel vision on Wombat and that it’s not good. Weird, considering he was voting him himself early on and egging on AVM to vote him too lol   Says he kinda likes Krak as town. Says a post of Pac sucks where he lols about people doing cases a couple of hours into the game. He claims that Pac is usually one of the first to get a game going. No idea if this is accurate.

Moves on to quoting AVM saying that Hess is town so he has nothing to worry about. 80 says AVM is buddying Hess and it’s no bueno. This is, again, funny, considering he told Barm Hess is always town and so on. I get that the root of it is a running joke but even then…did he have a town read on Hess? His main concern seems to be people who he feels are buddying Hess by stating he’s town, when he’s been basically doing the same.

Quotes JC and says he pushed Des’ lynch the most. 80 said he wanted Des dead but didn’t actually get on his train at any point. That’s not a good look either.
Accuses Wombat of talking out of his ass. Ie saying Des looks scummy but at the same time casting suspicion on the people on his train.

Notes a couple of posts where he claims Smash is whinning about GRC padding. Says he needs to get lynched.

Quotes another post of Ape where he thinks he sounds whiny and questions when does he ever do this.

Quotes a post where AVM tells Hess that he’s his favorite and says more buddying. Jelly much? lol
FoSes Wombat a bit more about him lecturing Des to look townie.

Suggests Wombat and AVM might be scummates.

Compiles a town list of: Crusher, Nolder, LK, JiF, Lily, Jvor, Hess and me. 

Corrects himself and says Lee’s accusations on JC came after Des’ lynch so he feels better about her. Fair enough.

Questions if Hess knew more than the rest of us concerning Des’ alignment

Tells Smash to STFU. Reiterates that he feels better about Lee.

When Wombat flips he says good riddance since he was hard after him (*snerk*) for no reason. Makes a point of saying he didn’t shoot him. Kind of a weird reaction.

Votes Smash and says his catchup is meaningless now so he’s gonna stop. So he stopped around page 25. I don’t really understand why it was meaningless to continue rereading the game.

Tries to nudge Smash’s train by asking AVM why he doesn’t want to lynch Smash and asking him how come he hasn’t even mentioned Smash once.  Pretty sure he has.

When Smash flips he is fussy about Smash not showing to reveal, mock frustration bla bla bla. 

He says that AVM looks better after the flip cause he pointed out that Smash was prolly a PR. Votes JC. Explains to Lily why he thinks AVM looks better. Adds that he won’t be voting AVM.

Chastises Nolder on how he missed AVM tunnel visioining wombat all game. Prolly the same way he missed AVM mentioning Smash. :tongue: He adds that he missed AVM claiming the shot on Wombat and doesn’t know what to make of it.

Tells AVM it would be freaking awesome if he was a SK and called his shot. 

When Hess asks if someone wants to look into Leelou and Crusher, 80 replies with ‘Not really’. Has an exchange with Hess where he asks what did they do and Hess says they’ve been scummy. No specifics.

Lily says that 80 and AVM are her strongest town reads. He says … or maybe he and AVM are scumbros and pulled off a brilliant gambit. >.>

Next 80 says that the case JC (ie the person he’s currently voting) did on Crusher was compelling enough to think he might be town. So he moves his vote to Crusher for pressure.

Ape notes that he could switch Krak with 80 on his suspect list because 80 has been attributing his votes to other people. 80 says he’d be willing to vote Krak too. Says that he could also vote JVOR, Barm, Darthe or Leelou.  Jvor was in his initial town list. Kinda wondering what changed. Especially since later on he says the whole Ape vs. Jvor looked like town on town. When Hess was pushing for Leelou to get looked into 80 said no and said he felt overall okay about her. The others I don’t really recall him mentioning much so not sure where this list came from.

When Lee casts a vote on Hess by saying he hasn’t done much and he should get some pressure, 80 slaps her with a vote, saying that is the kind of vote he makes as town but not her. Wha?

Afterwards Nolder nudges to consolidate and 80 unvotes and votes Crusher, going all bla, he can’t read anyone this game. He says he feels better about JC so he’ll go back to one of his scum reads who is on JC’s train and votes Crusher. Again, where did this come from? Crusher wasn’t on the above list of people he’s willing to lynch and when Hess asked if someone was going to look into Crusher… he said no. So…. What gives?

Has a bit of an exchange with AVM on how he hates it when he misreads him. And how well Hess reads him.

Says he almost forgot Barm was in the game. Interesting considering a couple of days ago he had him in his ‘willing to lynch’ list.

Soft defends JVOR by saying he doesn’t want to lynch Ape or JVOR cause otherwise the game would be boring.

Once Ape says he’s starting to get a townie vibe from Crusher’s reactions, 80 says perhaps but that he wants to get Crusher’s reveal. He also says that AVM is climbing the list.

Next post he gives a read list:

He has a blue/town read on: Nolder, Barm, Hess, Lizzie. I find the town read on Barm funny considering he went from his scum list, to not remembering he was playing to his town pile in a matter of days. Kinda missing the progression here.

His black/nulls are: Leelou, Verbal, Elu, JiF, Ape, JC, me, Krak, JVOR, Darthe. Again, kinda weird. His posts seemed to show him progressively liking JC more but he placed him in his null list. Darthe, JVOR, Krak were people he said he was willing to lynch, which implies he has more than a null read on them.

Red/scum reads are AVM and Crusher, though he says he’s wavering on Crusher. So AVM is basically his top scum read at this point.

Then on the next post he expands. He says that the whole Ape/JVOR exchange seems town on town. So why aren’t they on his town list?

Leelou he says he’s unsure of so she stays null. Fair enough.

Says Hess, Nolder and Lizzie are obvious townies. And follows up with asking if we can just lynch Darthe or Verbal. Shouldn’t he want to lynch one of AVM or Crusher?

Says AVM could very well be a cocky SK. Mentions that he won the last game in that role. Adds that it’s definitely something he’d do as SK.

Nolder questions him, asking why he has a town read on Hess and a scum read on AVM. He replies with: Just trying to pretend to contribute lol

When AVM gives the ultimatum of him or Ape, 80 says this suits him just fine and lets see how it plays out. 

When AVM’s GRC count gets reset, 80 asks if this means we should kill Ape. Gross.

Between the whole Ape/AVM exchanges he tells Ape he’s playing well but that that should looks for scum. Asks if Crusher revealed already. When Ape gets annoyed he tells him he’s just being active and how Ape makes everything about him. Bla bla bla. Tells Ape to relax, cause his vote isn’t on him.

Then he asks Ape why are we making this day all about lynching one of AVM and Ape. Which first of all, lol, considering his earlier reaction to AVM’s ultimatum. Plus he clearly saw that AVM was the one who set things in motion…. So this question is kinda weird.

When Crusher points out that Kivam should replace inactives cause it would be a shame if there’s scum in them, 80 says he’s making sense and moves his vote from Crusher to Elu. 

Then today he shows saying he’s in a vacation somewhere and asking if he died already. 

Tldr, I am missing progression on most of his reads. He keeps throwing them around without any reasoning or consistency. Saying someone is obviously super townie is not a reason. I can sort of see his progression on JC and Lee’s read. But his reads on others remain unclear, as I pointed out in the ISO.

I’m not a fan of the compiled read list he provided. He has a ton of nulls and it doesn’t seem to match up with the reads he shared beforehand. Also, I don't like him voting wombat, egging on his lynch and then saying AVM has been tunneling Wombat. Not loving him nudging along the Ape/AVM face off either.

I'd like to see an updated read list from him and explanations for them.

I'm thinking 80 is probably town. He had a bunch of really good posts in there and his interactions with other players seem sincere to me.

I kinda disagree. But as I said, I'd like to see an updated list and for him to expand on his reads.

Hey what are your thoughts about the possibility that scum probably have a few kills sitting in the bank?

Curious, Ape/Leelou, are you two able to bank your resets, or do they go away after a while?

AVM's kills autotrigger (right?) if he doesn't use them by a certain point. I think Crush said something similar about his ability -- they wipe or something? (Need to go back and find the post.) Seems like abilities wipe after a certain number of posts after your threshold. No reason scum kills have to be consistent with that, but it's at least suggestive that they would not be able to bank kills for very long. 

meh. it's always difficult subbing in halfway through a game, but it's a little frustrating to be face prejudice and bigotry out of the gates for nothing i did.

??

I agree, I subbed in, too, and it's tough. But why the martyr complex?

His willingness to vote JVOR out of the gate. He did switch to JC but happily came back and hammered. I agree that he hasn't said much, in fact there's some posts of his that seem outright scummy to me, but I think his votes on JVOR seemed legit.

Or it's a move calculated to make him look town because JVOR was a gonner with or without his vote. 

That time when JetsCock said he had to be the hammer and then ape caught him voting the middle of a train a few pages ago. Oops.

Did he say he *has* to hammer? I think he claimed hammering is what gives him reset protection. 

Worth it to try to reset him now that he supposedly doesn't have it? 

Last pre-Shabbos update

8 to lynch

Krak (2) - Sili, Lizard Dad

Darthe (4) - Barm, Nyn, Leelou, Crusher

JiF (1) Integrity

Lizzie (2) - JiF  

Roster GRC

1 Nolder - 17
2 Leelou - 18
3 Barm - 35
4 JF80 - 0
6 Verb - 0
7 Crush - 74

8 Eluial - 16
12 JiF - 13
13 IntegritApe - 249

14 AVM - 26
15 Jetscode - 179
16 Lizzie - 39
18 Nyn - 42
19 krak - 29

21 Darthe/Sili - 42

I mostly think you're town, but curious why so many people were focusing on my inactivity and totally ignoring the fact that Darthe had been inactive longer than I had? 

Not being defensive, cause I totally deserve whatever hate is directed my way. Curious from a game perspective about where the attention is being focused. 

Posted this before reading the last 10 pages or so. Totally inapplicable now. 

K, all caught up. Agree with Ape on JiF's after-the-fact calling of JVOR's death. So dirty. He might just be trying to die, like he's been saying all along, but for now

vote JiF

Got a busy evening so I might be done for the day, but will pop back in tomorrow. 

Again, massive apologies for signing up and then disappearing. It's really not my MO to do that. Will prove it instead of just saying it again and again, though. 

K, all caught up. Agree with Ape on JiF's after-the-fact calling of JVOR's death. So dirty. He might just be trying to die, like he's been saying all along, but for now

vote JiF

Got a busy evening so I might be done for the day, but will pop back in tomorrow.

Again, massive apologies for signing up and then disappearing. It's really not my MO to do that. Will prove it instead of just saying it again and again, though.

Wait, you bit on that? Haha

Ping!

Dead wrong about me, but sure, I'll engage, why not?

Not a fan of what's going on with the Krak and Darthe votes. I agree with [whoever it was] that the Darthe vote seems way too convenient once people started talking seriously about Krak. But Krak is inactive so it's hard to really get a read on him. I think between the two of them I'd be more willing to go for Krak as of right now. Subject to change. 

You've also been fairly inactive and not super helpful, by your own admission. Are you saying the "shoot me now" stuff was all bait to see who would bite? I don't know anyone's meta. Only person here I've played with before is Barm, and he died early. So if that's some obvious thing you do all the time, it's lost on me. 

I could be wrong as all get out, but I see Ape's play as solidly pro-town. Maybe he does the same thing as scum. Maybe he's the type of player that would mercilessly go after his own teammate in order to clear his name. But for now he seems legit to me. And while I'm still trying to get my legs under me and trying to figure out how the **** to approach this game, it's helpful for me to use some people as guide posts. 

If I was scum, I assume I'd have a team to help me out and give me a good run down on metas and stuff like that. Instead I just have a quiet QT with one person I sort of trust and one person I don't trust at all, and the bare beginnings of reads on a bunch of people I don't know. 

I kinda disagree. But as I said, I'd like to see an updated list and for him to expand on his reads.

We definitely got different impressions from our reads there. I'm with you in that I'd like to see that too, then I'll re-evaluate my read on him with all that in mind.

Archived