What a real organization does when a player is late..............

Copernicus

Anybody that thinks that Belichick or any other coach, is a "disciplinarian", is kidding themselves.

Good players get preferential treatment. Scrubs that were promoted from practice squad have a much smaller margin for error. This is how it works at EVERY franchise.

Jimmy Johnson said it best:

"I can't be writing what the rules are because my rules vary from player to player. It's like I told Lawrence: In Dallas we had a linebacker named John Roper who got cut for falling asleep in a meeting. If Troy Aikman fell asleep in a meeting, I'd go over and whisper, `Wake up, Troy.' "

--Miami Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson, on what he expects of new running back Lawrence Phillips, a player with a history of trouble with the law who was cut by St. Louis for breaking numerous team rules.

Take out Brady and you'll see. All the lack of discipline is made up for when u win and without Brady, Pats have a pedestrian record under BB.

I am not arguing this point. Of course it is slanted when you have a HOF QB. I hate the Patriots. I hate every team that plays our Jets. However, I can recognize teams that win consistently and they all have a sense of discipline, much more than our current Jets.....

I am not arguing this point. Of course it is slanted when you have a HOF QB. I hate the Patriots. I hate every team that plays our Jets. However, I can recognize teams that win consistently and they all have a sense of discipline, much more than our current Jets.....

ZERE IZ NO BAFROOM

I believe we were on pace to building a foundation for a championship under Mangini. Loved that when a player screwed up they'd run a lap. It builds team, but more importantly, the players respected him. Young team building towards a championship with a young HC. Then the owner undermined to HC by trading for an aging prima Dona QB in Favre. Second year HC and an agig HOF prima dona QB is a recipe for disaster...........[/quote

I don't agree, I think the players didn't respect him and didn't play hard for him. Look how the Kendall situation was handled. I think you need to have a balance really, like in the middle between Rex and Manny

I am an old school hard ass and I agree.  

but if brady was late because his facial mask didn't set on time, he would have been benched only a series, if that

it's easy to make an example of scrubs, which is why it's amazing they don't have 3 alarms

Jimmy Johnson, after cutting someone in the early 90s for falling asleep in a meeting, when asked what he would have done if Troy Aikman was caught sleeping:

"I'd tap him on the shoulder and ask him to wake up, and then just go back to what I was doing."   

Different players get different levels of treatment.

Yes I would actually this team needs a few thugs to bring out the piss and vinegar in them all.

I think those are the hard working, ball busting types like Ray Lewis, not the kind who quits when he doesn't get his way.  JMO of course.

True, he has a personality below a dead fish.

He still is one smart NFL dude.

Would you rather have a loud mouth clown as a HC or someone who understands the game of football?

Mangini is neither. Not a clown but clueless as the HC in NY or in CL.

So I'll take Rex any day and 10 times on Sunday

True, he has a personality below a dead fish.

He still is one smart NFL dude.

Would you rather have a loud mouth clown as a HC or someone who understands the game of football?

Not my choice. I would choose to have bacon and Makers Mark with every meal.  If we are picking stuff. 

Archived